Juicero is shutting down (After a failed product)

randomperson89

Juicero, the company that created the useless $400 juicer that needed internet all the time, is now shutting down.

SOURCE: The Verge (https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/1/16243356/juicero-shut-down-lay-off-refund), Juicero's Site (https://www.juicero.com/company-news/)

Luckily, if you bought the product, you have 90 days to refund it (Starting today, September 1st, 2017). If you recently bought a product, it's sadly still coming.

All customers have up to 90 days to request a refund for their purchase of the Juicero Press, regardless of when they bought it. Fortune reports that employees are being given 60 days notice.

For the next 90 days, we are offering refunds for your purchase of the Juicero Press. Please contact help@juicero.com by December 1, 2017 to request a refund for your purchase. If you have an active Pack subscription, you will receive your final delivery next week (week of September 4th).

If you are going to keep the product, or forgot to refund the product after 90 days, you will be left with a $400 paperweight.

In its post, the company writes that it is suspending the sale of both its juice packets and its Juicero Press device.

This was a stupid product to begin with, now, the company and their CEO had to go through a terrible PR disaster and their company shutting down and a bankrupt restaurant chain. 

UPDATE: The Verge's article claims that Juicero (The Company) will be shutting down.

Juicero, the company that made its name by creating a proprietary juice-squeezing machine, is shutting down.

While on Juicero's site, it says it's shifting it's resources to doing something that wasn't as terrible as what happened.

In order to fulfill our mission, we announced last month that we would shift our resources to focus on lowering the price of the Press and Produce Packs. We began identifying ways that we could source, manufacture and distribute at a lower cost to consumers.

The company is most likely going to shut down as visiting Juicero's site (Juicero.com) re-directs you to https://www.juicero.com/company-news. Only the future holds what's going to go on (Most likely the latter).

Just now, manikyath said:

this kinda happens when you make a device thats more expensive to run that hiring someone to do it for you..

can we please have motion-activated bathroom sink taps disappear next?

Well, the good ones can stay, the ones that force you to poke it or the ones that go off a kilometre away, then, those can just burn.

Just now, randomperson89 said:

Well, the good ones can stay, the ones that force you to poke it or the ones that go off a kilometre away, then, those can just burn.

a client of the company i work for just installed a bunch of taps.. which you literally have to "handiwork" for a good 5 minutes before they kick in, and then they sit there wasting water for 10 minutes. they often are still running once employees have finished joking about poor design choices.

or as one of them said: "why do we need motion activation, put in a freaking pedal"

Just now, manikyath said:

they sit there wasting water for 10 minutes.

Good time to throw on the pants the employees soiled while taking a dump.

23 minutes ago, manikyath said:

a client of the company i work for just installed a bunch of taps.. which you literally have to "handiwork" for a good 5 minutes before they kick in, and then they sit there wasting water for 10 minutes. they often are still running once employees have finished joking about poor design choices.

or as one of them said: "why do we need motion activation, put in a freaking pedal"

To be fair they are pretty nice if they work adequately. Do hey break often? I would guess less than a regular tab. I don't really get why you hate them so much. If course bad variants of products are bullshit!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd love to know what use an internet-based blender would've given.

Pickle Rick! Idk.

This is what happens when you try to put DRM on fruit juice.

14 hours ago, sydh said:

Anyone curious to see the inside of the actual machine because it's rather awesome... https://blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50

I prefer AvE.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

14 hours ago, sydh said:

Anyone curious to see the inside of the actual machine because it's rather awesome... https://blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50

Now that's the best example of a Golden Hammer I've ever seen. A perfect solution to the wrong problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*