What's your gear?!?!

I'm new to this part of town not sure if I'm allowed to do this but anyway.

I'm a bit of a gear head so what's your gear?! Let's see some photos too! I'll start.

Body

Canon 5D Mark III

Nikon FM2

Lens

Helios 44-2 (m42 mount)

Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f1.4 (m42 mount)

Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 (f mount)

Manual lens only :)

I've been shooting at lot of film recently so here's some pictures from my most recent roll.

-3D Pavement Art Pitt St.jpg

-Edwards & CO LTD.jpg

-Stickers on a metal gate.jpg

-Street Art A Blur.jpg

-Chatswood Busker Guitar.jpg

-Central Station Busy.jpg

-take a long walk off a short pier.jpg

This one was taken by a Canon EOS Rebel T5 Kit EF-S 18-55:

a_random_picture_i_took_by_princessscade

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I have used a few cameras at my school because I take a class currently my sd card is in an editing machine for Adobe premier. They look really nice and personally I have been using the T5i and T6i and one time the Sony PXW-X70 to live stream a football game and do the jumbo tron which was really fun ^_^ new to cameras also. But overall really nice pictures 10/10.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Was a similar thread like this a while back but nevermind. I shoot with a Sony A6000 and I've got a few lenses for it aswell, no spectacular ones for it yet though. Hard to fund any more expensive glass right now as I'm in school and don't have a steady income. 

Also got an old Nikon FE along with three manual lenses, a 50 1.8, 28 2.8 and a 100 2.8 

I can add some images as soon as I get on my PC. And a quick question, ever thought about going to a mirrorless system as the Fuji X or Sony E as you only shoot manual lenses. Then you get peaking and good evf to lock your focus right. Like, if you only shoot manual and adapt lenses there really is no downsides. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Sony Alpha a6000

I use one of these 3 lenses;

- Sony E PZ 16-50mm (it's a very mediocre lens but dial in the settings and it can take a nice shot every once in a while)

- Sigma 30mm DC DN f/1.4 (my favorite lens by far. not too pricey and offers outstanding clarity for the price)

- Rokinon NCS 12mm f/2.0 (superb wide-angle lens)

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Canon 80D;Canon L 24-70mm F2.4; Canon L 70-200mm F2.4; Canon 50mm F1.8; Canon 10-18mm F4.5-5.6; Canon 18-135 USM kit lens for backup. Assorted cheap and mid range lights, the best of which is a 360 watt second key light, assorted light modifiers. Messing around with low light, and would love to start astronomical imaging, though my telescope wont cut it unfortunately.

Circus.jpg

4 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

And a quick question, ever thought about going to a mirrorless system as the Fuji X or Sony E as you only shoot manual lenses. Then you get peaking and good evf to lock your focus right. Like, if you only shoot manual and adapt lenses there really is no downsides. 

I have thought about it and I've used Sony A6300, A7 II and Fuji X-T1 before and loved it but I still prefer the ergonomics of a DSLR for photos. Sony's are great for video but not so good on the photos, if I do get a second camera it would be an A6500 for the 4k video + 5 axis IS. Also not a fan of peaking, I nail most of my shots anyway. Many other reasons for me not to switch, my friend has a collection of Canon L lenses that I can borrow if I need and price of Sony cameras isn't cheap, I bought my 5d3 for less than the price of a new A6300 and second hand Sony isn't worth buying cuz it doesn't have 4k.

I think the A9 is the perfect mirroress, decent megapixel count, 4k, ergonomics etc but it's just so expensive.

16 minutes ago, tarmacd said:

Canon 80D;Canon L 24-70mm F2.4; Canon L 70-200mm F2.4; Canon 50mm F1.8; Canon 10-18mm F4.5-5.6; Canon 18-135 USM kit lens for backup. Assorted cheap and mid range lights, the best of which is a 360 watt second key light, assorted light modifiers. Messing around with low light, and would love to start astronomical imaging, though my telescope wont cut it unfortunately.

Circus.jpg

Nice! The 80D was my first camera, absolutely adore it I miss it but full frame tho it's a HUGE when you jump to full frame especially when you have a couple L lenses. The 10-18mm is such a great lens too, most of canons kit glass is pretty good imo besides the 18-55, for that focal range go for the 17-55 (24-70 equivalent on a full frame).

5 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

- Rokinon NCS 12mm f/2.0 (superb wide-angle lens)

Isn't the Rokinon/Samyang manual focus? How do you find that for wide angle or do you just zone focus?

Sony A6500 with 16-50 and 55-210 kit lenses (I got a deal where if I bought one the other one was free).

I can't post a photo atm, maybe I will come back later.

I use a Canon 30D for most of my "out and about" photos, but I use a Canon 5D Mark 2 to shoot videos. The lenses I use the most are a Canon 28mm-72mm zoom lens and a Sigma wide angle lens.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

6 hours ago, Iamfreddie said:

Isn't the Rokinon/Samyang manual focus? How do you find that for wide angle or do you just zone focus?

Its a wide angle. Personally I find it very easy to use. Almost always in hyperfocal because it is so wide. And really MF isn't too hard unless you will shoot sports. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

2 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

Its a wide angle. Personally I find it very easy to use. Almost always in hyperfocal because it is so wide. And really MF isn't too hard unless you will shoot sports. 

There are many instances where MF is suboptimal other than that, Landscapes and general portraiture are easy, but if you are shooting events or photjourno stuff you will miss a lot of shots, street photography is also difficult with manual glass. This ofcourse hignes on a fast and accurate AF system, if I have to recompose in those instances then I may as well use MF. 

I currently have: 

Bodies: 5d3; 50d (practically decommissioned); EOS 1000; and my newest addition, fuji x-t10

Glass: EF 17-40L; EF 24-105L; Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art (hands down my most loved lens!) ; EF 50mm f/1.4 (carry it around but don't use it anymore). Fujinon xf2 23mm f/2 (I'm happy but not amazed). At this point I'm trying to get my hands on something like a used tamron 70-200mm and I might be looking to get an ultrawide for the fuji, just because I hope to use that for some travelling, although I'm not sure I can afford it. 

Couple of 430EX flashes and yongnuo RT trigger

3LT Albert, assortment of Formatt Hitech and Lee filters for landscapes, L brackets etc. 

Thats the gear I really use, most of what you see there is pretty much always in my bag, with the Fuji or EOS 1000 alternating as a secondary camera depending on if I'm in the mood to shoot film. I'm not a pro, but I love gear, and since I could never for the time being afford to buy cars etc... Photography gear is basically currently my one vice and expenditure apart from basic sustinence;P 

I post almost everything I take on my Flickr, although I do a lot of coverage of scouting events etc. which I can't post for underage privacy reasons. In fact there probably are portraits I have posted on the rate my photo thread that I haven't posted here. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I dont own them myself, I am basically borrowing it from my grandfather because he doesnt use it anymore:

Canon 600D
18-55 Kit lens
Sigma 10-20mm f 4-5.6 DC HSM
Sigma 70-300mm f 4-5.6 APO DG

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

21 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

18 hours ago, cc143 said:

There are many instances where MF is suboptimal other than that, Landscapes and general portraiture are easy, but if you are shooting events or photjourno stuff you will miss a lot of shots, street photography is also difficult with manual glass. This ofcourse hignes on a fast and accurate AF system, if I have to recompose in those instances then I may as well use MF. 

Yea I'm pretty good at manual focus but would think wide angle would be an issue especially for subjects less than 10m away. I shoot street with a manual glass and it's so satisfying to nail the focus and capture what you want.

6 hours ago, Gmoneyinthebank said:

Canon 80D

18-135mm f 3.5-5.6

Trying to figure out exactly what I'm looking for before buying a bunch of lenses.

Go for the Sigma 17-50 or Canon 17-55 for an all rounder lens not the 24-70 I personally prefer the canon 17-55. The 10-18 is also an amazing lens if you want wide angle. I recommend buying second hand cuz you save A LOT.

I've been interested in photography for a bit more than a year now, unfortunately I don't find enough time to regularly shoot. 

As for gear:

Bodies

Sony RX100 IV

Sony a6500 (bought it 3 weeks ago, before that I borrowed a friend's 50d)

UPDATE:

Lenses:

Sony 18-105 f4

Samyang 12mm f2

Minolta MD 35-70 f3.5

Minolta MD 70-210 f4

Edited by historicalpoultry

Video:

Sony FS7 mk I

Canon C300 mk II

DJI Mavic

Hero 5 Session

Sony X1000VR 4K action cam

Photo:

Nikon D4

Nikon D800

Will be buying a D850 in the near future

Sony A6500

Haven't had the time to buy an A6300 for IR conversion

Fuji XE2

Canon G16

I have nearly two dozen lenses and don't feel like listing them all.  Mostly Nikon with a mix of Canon, Sigma, Fuji, Sony, Xeen mixed in.  Nikon to Sony Metabones Speedbooster for mounting my Nikon lenses on Sony bodies.

I have a ton of mics and various field audio recorders and mixers.  I have both mechanical and motorized gimbals/stabilizers.  A small collection of various types of lights and light modifiers...

Here's a few photos of stuff I took with me a couple of months ago on a field assignment to Ecuador, Bhutan and Philippines.

IMG_1870.jpg.eca61187dd59bbef656740854688c4e3.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg.d458a451bc528332ed8969139081a8f6.jpgIMG_1867.jpg.510b9334d92dd391689a75267a486a64.jpgIMG_1866.jpg.fc41fb1851840dcbba9d3e7b9d511b83.jpgIMG_1864.jpg.7b18943c25ba634eb7d7c350c7137f2a.jpgIMG_1871.jpg.da0847e9fc0972941673187cebd12dc6.jpgIMG_1869.jpg.46708fb1d3a270fe0288a25b8cefe0b3.jpg

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

• 4 weeks later...

Recently I have been shooting stills on an Olympus (model escapes me, will update when I get back) I picked up from my local flee market in decent condition at first glance.  Haven't developed any rolls ye because $$$, so fingers crossed they turn out okay when I get around to it.

Beyond that I borrow equipment from friends till I buy my own. Plus phone photography, gotta shoot on something.

Yashica 635 medium format TLR.

My work isn't appropriate here so sorry, no pics.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 10/7/2017 at 2:36 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Yashica 635 medium format TLR.

My work isn't appropriate here so sorry, no pics.

you can PM me

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

you can PM me

No offense, but I"m not going to do that. I don't know how old you are or what the laws are like in your country regarding the type of work I do (fetish) so please forgive me, but I can't PM you with examples.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

No offense, but I"m not going to do that. I don't know how old you are or what the laws are like in your country regarding the type of work I do (fetish) so please forgive me, but I can't PM you with examples.

So you do stuff like Dolcett fetish photos?  The most “adult” themed stuff I’ve ever done is lingerie boudoir.