Should I get a game for Console or PC?

I am a huge fan of the Star Wars Battlefront series, and plan to pre-order the Battlefront II. I own a PC (i5 2320, GTX 1050 Ti) and a PS4. I have SWBF 2015 on both. I enjoy playing it on both the PS4 and the PC, which is why I'm torn between getting it on PS4 or PC. 

PS4

-I get to play it on the big screen

-All my friends are on PS4

-I get to sit down on the couch and not at an uncomfortable desk

-Surround sound

-More players

PC

-Better graphics/framerate

-Better quality videos

I know this is a mainly PC-oriented forum, but I wanted to hear your thoughts anyway. 

NO WARS/ARGUING IN THE COMMENTS! I only want to know which platform to get it on and why. 

Console :/

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I would get it on Ps4. I dont really care about framerate if I know that Im playing on console and also you have more friends and a more comfortable way to play

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

For multiplayer games, I get them usually on console. I find it more fun to play with my friends. Of course, there are exceptions to this, but a game like Battlefront, I would get for PS4. I buy all my single player games on pc, where I can get immerse myself with all the frames and all the graphics.

Just now, Blebekblebek said:

Why not both, I can't even tell these people who saying they " only get more friends with console " are serious or trolling.

I mean generally, people in school are more likely to have friends on console than on PC.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Blebekblebek said:

Why not both, I can't even tell these people who saying they " only get more friends with console " are serious or trolling.

Most people in my school bug me all day about how console is better and how I've been brainwashed by the "PC elitest" sponsored by the "evil PC industry"

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I mean generally, people in school are more likely to have friends on console than on PC.

I doubt it.

Chance is more house own a computer than a console.

They just never care.

If this is 90's I believe you.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Also the thing where split screen (Or multiple players on one screen light a fighting game) gaming is less common on PC.  There are some great exceptions, but still, if you and your friends want to sit on the couch with four controllers, the console is generally the best choice.  Since I have HTPCs, I can list off the PC games that have accessible split screen but it's not as big a list as you'd see on console by far.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Also the thing where split screen (Or multiple players on one screen light a fighting game) gaming is less common on PC.  There are some great exceptions, but still, if you and your friends want to sit on the couch with four controllers, the console is generally the best choice.  Since I have HTPCs, I can list off the PC games that have accessible split screen but it's not as big a list as you'd see on PC by far.

Oh yeah. Out of the games I own on Steam, only Grid 2 supports split-screen from what I remember.

Not many games on PC support it, and less have good integration of it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Oh yeah. Out of the games I own on Steam, only Grid 2 supports split-screen from what I remember.

Not many games on PC support it, and less have good integration of it.

For Kart Racing there's both Sonic All Stars Racing games, but they think that EVERY player is my Steam account and you can't set individual names, the other Ashes just have (2) and (3) behind their name and so-on.  Where as on Xbox each controller can be logged into an individual Xbox Live account if one wanted, so each player can be playing as their own account.

Others, hrm.  Screencheat, Portal 2, and stuff.  Also as I said fighting games.  Or 'Arena' type stuff like Towerfall or Castle Crashers and the like.  I can 'make it work' on PC but I know I'm an outlier.  And there really is NO suitable substitute for Smash Brothers on PC short of emulation.  If you want friends, couch, TV and snacks, a console is the most likely to get you a night of entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

I doubt it.

Chance is more house own a computer than a console.

They just never care.

If this is 90's I believe you.

But can those computers play games at acceptable frame rates and detail settings? If it is mom's old work computer that probably runs Windows Vista, then I doubt it. I am inclined to believe that consoles are more prominent than gaming pc's. But this is all besides the point. If the friends the OP wants to play with play on console, then go that way. I personally have more fun playing with my close friends. I have met friends through online games, and that's great, but it still doesn't compare to my "real life" (for lack of a better term) friends. 

33 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Honestly you'd be better off getting it on a console. From what I remember Battlefront is basically dead on PC.

Dead? I never have any trouble finding games.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

1 minute ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

But can those computers play games at acceptable frame rates and detail settings? If it is mom's old work computer that probably runs Windows Vista, then I doubt it. I am inclined to believe that consoles are more prominent than gaming pc's. But this is all besides the point. If the friends the OP wants to play with play on console, then go that way. I personally have more fun playing with my close friends. I have met friends through online games, and that's great, but it still doesn't compare to my "real life" (for lack of a better term) friends. 

I'm just following your logic

There are more pc than console, regardless it can play games or not, it doesn't matter, because they were never care in first place.

If you going to buy console anyway, for $400 why not just buy gpu and maybe add more ram and the worst case upgrade the whole thing.

If you want to learn how to swim, you need to get wet.

And these friend thing is been overused, do you think people gaming on computer doesn't have " real friends " who plays on computer too?

My friends doesn't know anything about computer, I teach them how to operate it, and now most of them even have better computer than me.

6 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

I'm just following your logic

There are more pc than console, regardless it can play games or not, it doesn't matter, because they were never care in first place.

If you going to buy console anyway, for $400 why not just buy gpu and maybe add more ram and the worst case upgrade the whole thing.

If you want to learn how to swim, you need to get wet.

And these friend thing is been overused, do you think people gaming on computer doesn't have " real friends " who plays on computer too?

My friends doesn't know anything about computer, I teach them how to operate it, and now most of them even have better computer than me.

Since the OP is in high school and teenagers typically have little control over household purchase, I feel like making it one's mission to convince all of your friend's parents to buy new computers so that hey can play together or 'I won't be friends with you anymore' may not exactly be the most compelling argument for their parents...

But maybe I have a wacky and crazy idea of how the world works, who knows?

Since the OP is in high school and teenagers typically have little control over household purchase, I feel like making it one's mission to convince all of your friend's parents to buy new computers so that hey can play together or 'I won't be friends with you anymore' may not exactly be the most compelling argument for their parents...

But maybe I have a wacky and crazy idea of how the world works, who knows?

Sure, until I read that he already own a gaming computer.

So because teenagers typically have little control over household purchase and the solution is to buy a console?

3 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Sure, until I read that he already own a gaming computer

Uhh...

55 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

I own a PC (i5 2320, GTX 1050 Ti)

You got 'Gaming Computer' from that? o.O

Uhh...

You got 'Gaming Computer' from that? o.O

What you want to call it? a potato?

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Congrats, but this isn't about that.  If a game is dead on a platform then that's the community.  Maybe just maybe some people have friends who don't like to play on PC, and maybe just maybe those people wants to play with people they know.  Plus, if it's a platform is dead than usually the only people still playing it are cheaters and die hards.  That kinda turns people away from playing it on that platform.  If you want to play with your friends who play on PC that's fine, but not everyone is going to play on PC.  You're going to have to deal with that.

That's not my response for OP

that was for someone who's quoting me.

I even suggest to get console version for the OP, but hey apparently people don't read whole thread.

I'm just overwhelmed with all replies with " Friends " related it's like these "friendship" is exclusive to consoles only.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

"All these people saying it's fun on console because of " Friends "  

I like the part where he puts the word 'Friends' inside of scare quotes. :D

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Honestly you'd be better off getting it on a console. From what I remember Battlefront is basically dead on PC.

I play it, and it's got a decent amount of peeps, but some DLC maps are vastly empty. Here's how I see it:

Console:

Lower res/settings

More players

Less hackers

PC:

Higher res/settings

Less players because of:

more hackers (blasted hackers)

It could change if EA fixes their auto balance feature and makes it so level 20 guys like me don't get matched with level 50+ players. 

basically I got it for PC because it was on sale for $5, and I really like it. It's worth bearing with hackers because they aren't that frequent, and I can play at a higher fps/res/settings, and use mods (only skins, and mebbe change some heroes, but I only use gameplay changing mods offline). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

However, some people don't like building PCs, don't want to, but their hobby is gaming.  Say they have friends who share that hobby, right?  If more of their friends who enjoy gaming, don't want to play on PC because of the obnoxious elitism that it spawns, have fear of building, or whatever reason they choose, then why wouldn't the friend who multi-plats want to play with them?  It's not about graphics hounding, fanboying, or so on in every situation.  But  graphics/spec hounding over having fun with people you enjoy having fun with is even dumber than, "oh just go get shit faced or play chess instead!"  

What's that got to do with me? I never said those things, don't put your words into my mouth.

You can quote me exactly what it says.

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I like the part where he puts the word 'Friends' inside of scare quotes. :D

Okay so what is description of gaming pc again?