Should I get a game for Console or PC?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Because you said that in your first reply.  I used chess and drinking because those are your examples of other things you could do.  The point is if gaming is your hobby and your friend's hobby too then why not share it?  People do multi-plat.  You said why not both as if you are being serious with only partial sarcasm then used further examples to prove you are serious.  That's not trolling at all.

I think it's less 'trolling' and more 'I see PC gaming is the only acceptable way to game and I'll impose my will onto this thread as hard as I can'.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Exactly why people refuse to game on PC.

I'm honestly kinda baffled when people try to argue that there's only 'one true way' to play games.  It's really kinda the silliest thing to get militant over.  'YOU ARE HAVING FUN THE WRONG WAY, CORRECT THIS IMMEDIATELY'.  Geez.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

For Kart Racing there's both Sonic All Stars Racing games, but they think that EVERY player is my Steam account and you can't set individual names, the other Ashes just have (2) and (3) behind their name and so-on.  Where as on Xbox each controller can be logged into an individual Xbox Live account if one wanted, so each player can be playing as their own account.

Others, hrm.  Screencheat, Portal 2, and stuff.  Also as I said fighting games.  Or 'Arena' type stuff like Towerfall or Castle Crashers and the like.  I can 'make it work' on PC but I know I'm an outlier.  And there really is NO suitable substitute for Smash Brothers on PC short of emulation.  If you want friends, couch, TV and snacks, a console is the most likely to get you a night of entertainment.

Rocket league!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@OP

The PC price is cheaper, get another game or save it. But most important reason for me is always the mouse/keyboard accuracy. I really hate the auto aim/gamehelper mechanics. It takes all the excitement away of fraging. And it slows the gameplay down tremendous.

And in 6 or 12 months people on PC will still be playing SWBF2. Cant say the same of consoles playerbases, they move with every new launched game.

2 minutes ago, sun2 said:

@OP

The PC price is cheaper, get another game or save it. But most important reason for me is always the mouse/keyboard accuracy. I really hate the auto aim/gamehelper mechanics. It takes all the excitement away of fraging. And it slows the gameplay down tremendous.

I agree. I can beat any of my younger sibs in my sleep on PC, but my 12 year old brother could fleece me on our PS2s (admittedly not the best controllers ever, but it'd be the same on an Xbox or PS4), simply because I'm used to the perfect control a mouse and keyboard give you. That said, one of the best consoles I've used recently is the Nintendo Switch, stellar piece of hardware (and Zelda BOTW is an epic game). 

5 minutes ago, sun2 said:

And in 6 or 12 months people on PC will still be playing SWBF2. Cant say the same of consoles playerbases, they move with every new launched game.

Though there is apparently still a large player base (larger than PC) for consoles on EA's original Battlefront, from 2015. PC players will probably still be on it after Battlefront II comes out, and for ages after that, but hackers are a problem. 

The way I see it, a PC gives you a better "gaming" experience, in that you get into your little zone and can play hard at whatever settings or fps you desire (so long as you built your PC accordingly), but you're gonna have to play with friends on voice chat or something. 

Consoles give you the ultimate chillaxing multiplayer experience, as you and your mates can come home, grab a controller, sit on the couch, the floor, duck tape yourself to the ceiling, whatever your most comfortable position is, and then have a blast taking out baddies with your buddies. It's much simpler and you don't have as much control, but there's also not a lot of troubleshooting involved for your console.

Basically, if you want high graphics settings and love tinkering, get it for PC.

Wanna come home from work after a long day and take a rest with your SO, kids, roommate, buddies, what have you, then get it for console. 

Or get it for both for the ultimate in awesomeness. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Uhh...

You got 'Gaming Computer' from that? o.O

It's definitely a gaming PC. It can run most games at 1080p 60fps with the "Ultra" presets. I can push SWBF and R6Siege to 1440p medium-high if I really wanted to, but I don't have a 1440p monitor :(

I think it's an age related issue. Most of my friends don't want to spend time sitting on the couch with each other playing games. A lot of them don't play games at all. Most would rather go do something together that is probably not available to younger people. My friends and I can go for a ride on our motorcycles, go fishing, etc. If we don't, we're usually in the garage working on something, while our wives/girlfriends are in the house communing. If your young, your options are limited so getting together for some game play is more likely. In that instance a console is probably a better choice (I think, never played on one myself). Otherwise each person would have to drag they're hardware around. This would be difficult, particularly for people too young to drive an automobile.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

1 hour ago, Blebekblebek said:

It's not an argument, he doesn't wrote any of it. Now you put your words into his mouth.

That's a bad habit, stop doing that.

Because he is asking for Battlefront II, not the current Battlefront.

This is going nowhere, I'll stop responding if you still want to hear your own echo chamber that's on you.

I already give my vote and my opinions

TL;DR

Friendship is not console exclusives.

Unfortunately, in my situation, friendship is a console exclusive because all of my friends are on the PS4 platform.

3 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

I doubt it.

Chance is more house own a computer than a console.

They just never care.

If this is 90's I believe you.

Most of my dormmates have a laptop/PC of some sorts but most aren't capable of gaming.

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

Please keep to the main discussion point. 

-Thread Cleaned- 

Sorry. Got a bit carried away with the font size. Plus the arguing was getting a bit out of hand.

Battlefront has no single player. Your friends all have PS4s. A game like Battlefront is more fun when played with friends than random strangers.

Seems like a pretty simple calculation to me...

1 hour ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

Battlefront has no single player. Your friends all have PS4s. A game like Battlefront is more fun when played with friends than random strangers.

Seems like a pretty simple calculation to me...

This is Battlefront II, which has a single player campaign. 

Weelll but if it's anything like the Battlefield games it won't be a good one, and it'll all be about the multiplayer. What will you spend most of your time doing on it?

2 hours ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

Weelll but if it's anything like the Battlefield games it won't be a good one, and it'll all be about the multiplayer. What will you spend most of your time doing on it?

On what?

39 minutes ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

On Battlefront. Multiplayer or single?

Multiplayer. 

50 minutes ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

On Battlefront. Multiplayer or single?

Battlefront 2 looks like it'll have a really good campaign mode though, so single player may not be that massively boring. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

If you want to sit on your couch and play games then use steam stream. I use it all the time to play games on my tv in my bed room. It breaks up the monotony of being locking in my office. 

If friends are a priority then get it on which ever platform your friends are on.