Paul Walker killed in car accident

Psychatog

His FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PaulWalker

He was at a charity event and road with porsche Series Champion Roger Rodas leaving the event. They hit a pole and the car exploded. His agent just tweeted to verify the story and it was posted on his official FB as well. RIP Paul Walker.

Someone said something to me today and it's nothing against them, but it made me realize that many people, including myself did not really know much about Paul Walker (He prefer's Brian). Brian (using his prefered name) was at heart a car enthusiast. It is no secret that his passion, although he wasn't driving is what took him from us. He owned a Porsche race team over sea's that the driver of the car he was in Roger Rodas raced for. Him and Rodas co-owned the team.

Brian spent much of his time around the community and around the racing world, both legal and illegal. However, he spent so much time giving back, attending charity events and doing more things for the fans and for the community than just about any actor. Some would say he is a philanthropist, but more so with his time than money. He did donate alot, but what was more important was the time he spent raising money for kids and charity.

He was, unlike many Hollywood actors extremely down to earth. He did own a TON of nice sports and exotic cars and a nice house, but he also personally worked on and tweaked his cars as well. He got down and dirty just like he did growing up. He was the jeans and tee kind of guy who didn't throw around his fame in bling and suits. What most people say who have had the privilege of meeting him is that "he is literally another guy on the street." He has a passion for cars and is approachable by anyone.

He was just genuinely a great guy. Now why should people care? People die every minute why is he special? Well he is just another guy and should not be held more important than those fighting for our freedom or another people around our country. But he was a role model, the first Fast and Furious movie really changed the car world for the better or worse. The car scene in LA and TX was pretty unknown to most people because the internet barely existed back then. 

However, his death does remind us of something, no one is invincible. Many of us, including myself had a bit of realization about this. Often as we are young and progress through life, we go through stages of feeling nothing can stop us. Brian and Roger were both world class drivers and even these people can make mistakes. Unfortunately their thrill and mistake costed both of their lives.

Fast and Furious got away from the illegal street racing and around action and story. Illegal street racing and driving extremely fast is never safe, but even more so on the street. Roger was doing between 120-150mph we think which over 100mph is obtainable by most cars and walking away from an accident at that speed is very unlikely. You do however, have a far better chance walking away when crashing at a track. A much more controlled environment designed to be safe for the driver and audience. But we even lose life at the drag strip but the chances are alot less.

So Brian or Paul Walker was not a special person and should not be held as a higher standard than those battling for our freedom over sea's. But to me and many people he was very important in our lives growing up and his death and lessons we learned from him will stay with us forever.

More official sources:
https://www.facebook.com/PaulWalker/posts/690316711002596
https://twitter.com/RealPaulWalker
post-42126-0-96464300-1385870064.jpg
post-42126-0-52956900-1385870064.jpg

I feel sad. D: I loved NFS movies, even though they were "bad"

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

R.I.P. Paul Walker... I remember the first Fast and the Furios movie... all of my friends went crazy about cars...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

He's one of my favorite actors :(  I'm completely devastated.

Someone as awesome as him...just.. nooooooooo!!!!

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I wonder if they are going to can the series or bring back the cast of Tokyo Drift if they continue.

Fast and Furious 1 is on right now.  It literally started 30 minutes after he was killed.  It's a shame because he's such a great guy.  He prefers Brian over Paul which tells you something doesn't it?

It wasn't his car, the Carrera GT and a bunch of other Porsches were present for a charity event. It was however an event for his company.

The car in question:

ku-xlarge.jpg

The car a couple minutes prior:

1466144_10151747620656576_1741623313_n.j

The automotive legend engulfed in flames:

ku-xlarge.jpg

Statement from his management team:

It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences. - #TeamPW

One of the earliest posts regarding the crash on another forum:

So I work in Santa Clarita at an automotive performance shop and a good customer just came from Paul's shop, AE (Always Evolving) where they were having a car show. It seems Paul went for a ride in a guys Porsche and they ended up around a phone pole, the car burst onto flames and rumour has it Paul is dead. I hope he got it wrong but he insists it was Paul. I'm reluctant to post this being just hearsay, but the guy who informed us is a wealthy car enthusiast that just pulled up in his Maserati and nothing to gain from a lie, and has video on his phone of the burning car. If it does turn out to be true, damn... RIP Paul.

Regardless, Walker has entertained millions both on and off screen, regular movie-goers and automotive tuning giants. My thoughts go out to his family and friends; he will be missed greatly.

Better source: http://jalopnik.com/fast-and-furious-star-paul-walker-reportedly-dead-in-ca-1474200748

Global source: http://globalnews.ca/news/1001023/actor-paul-walker-dies-in-fiery-crash/

As a well known, well versed car enthusiast, there isn't a better way to go out than in one of the greats of our time, as tragic as that may sound. For those who haven't witnessed Walker in the wild that is the tuned car scene, below is a video of him in Japan paying a visit to one of the best JDM tuners in the world. Let us cherish the moment's he's been able to give us over the past decade. The Walker off-screen is one most people I bet haven't bothered checking out.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Actor in Fast and Furious... Get's killed on a car crash.

That's a pretty nasty bad luck brian kind of situation...

He wasn't driving.

No more paul walker in fast and furious?

:o

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

:( phone breaks, paul dies what a fucked day :(

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I saw it on the news earlier and I thought it was a bit unexpected.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

People die , unfortunately that is life. Condolences to his family and the family of the numerous other people who died today

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Actor in Fast and Furious... Get's killed on a car crash.

That's a pretty nasty bad luck brian kind of situation...

Irony is that his name in the movies was Brian.

People die , unfortunately that is life. Condolences to his family and the family of the numerous other people who died today

This is very true, but damn we love those movies!

Irony is that his name in the movies was Brian.

He still owes is a 10 second car. >:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB