Alphacool Announces The Eisbaer 420, World's Biggest AIO Solution

4960X
14 hours ago, Th3pwn3r said:

With soft tubing it might as well be an AIO solution in my opinion. UNLESS you get a big boy radiator and pump. The tubing does not last forever by the way.

AIOs perform worse for your dollar though. you can make a soft tubeing loop that will both last longer and performs better for the cost of this cooler. used radiators cost basically nothing, the only costs you end up with are pump and block if you are fine with buying a coupple patrs used. fittings can be found for a few dollars a pop in perfect condition, and not shit ones even, i found EK ones for that price and they still set me back more then my 360 radiator and the tubeing just to drive home the point how inexpensive this can be. You can most likely do it with entirely new and unused parts if you want to. also AIO tubeing dosent last forever either ;) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If this is a 30 or thinner mm rad... it fits in the Define S. And I'm using a 420+280 myself.

Overkill for cpus but 280s already basically preform as well as 360s so a 420 is a really great dig. Been wanting a 420 aio on the market for ages.

120mm x fans and radiators need to start to disappear and case makers need to move to 140mm standard. The cooling performance jump is pretty substantial. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

AIOs perform worse for your dollar though. you can make a soft tubeing loop that will both last longer and performs better for the cost of this cooler. used radiators cost basically nothing, the only costs you end up with are pump and block if you are fine with buying a coupple patrs used. fittings can be found for a few dollars a pop in perfect condition, and not shit ones even, i found EK ones for that price and they still set me back more then my 360 radiator and the tubeing just to drive home the point how inexpensive this can be. You can most likely do it with entirely new and unused parts if you want to. also AIO tubeing dosent last forever either ;) 

Shocker... used is cheaper..  now tells us something relevant that we don't already know.

Making something like this new with decent custom parts is a solid 300 min dollars effort. plus your time. There is always a market for prebuilt solutions.

(Note before commenting, my main pc is custom loop) 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

120mm x fans and radiators need to start to disappear and case makers need to move to 140mm standard. The cooling performance jump is pretty substantial. 

Well considering my case is designed for and only fits 120mm rads that's the last thing I'd want, all about me right :P.

Also 140mm rads don't fit in 3U cases, too high by 11.65mm.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Well considering my case is designed for and only fits 120mm rads that's the last thing I'd want, all about me right :P.

Also 140mm rads don't fit in 3U cases, too high by 11.65mm.

The above commenter lol... and make new cases with 140mm mounts instead. Derp. 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

The above commenter lol... and make new cases with 140mm mounts instead. Derp. 

I probably will never replace my case, I paid way too much for it so I'll use it till it falls apart haha.

For the server cases I could just use 4U but that's a lot of space to waste when a 120mm rad works fine and looking in to it more a triple 140mm is too wide as well. Only reason I care is I'm planning on putting a bunch of rads and pumps in a 3U/4U case and cooling all my servers direct to chip to get the noise down.

I don't think the server industry is going to change away from 19" racks to 21" just for me either :P.

21 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I probably will never replace my case, I paid way too much for it so I'll use it till it falls apart haha.

For the server cases I could just use 4U but that's a lot of space to waste when a 120mm rad works fine and looking in to it more a triple 140mm is too wide as well. Only reason I care is I'm planning on putting a bunch of rads and pumps in a 3U/4U case and cooling all my servers direct to chip to get the noise down.

I don't think the server industry is going to change away from 19" racks to 21" just for me either :P.

True. But I can be perfectly pleased with my cheap Define S and it's robust 140mm support ;)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Only reason I care is I'm planning on putting a bunch of rads and pumps in a 3U/4U case and cooling all my servers direct to chip to get the noise down.

Great cooling + low noise + 4U rack case = Not going to happen. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Great cooling + low noise + 4U rack case = Not going to happen. 

It can be done :)

The 3U/4U case is isn't going to be a server only top of rack cooling with 3 or 4 360mm rads with baffles to make sure air can only go through the rads and I'll use as many fans as I have at low rpm, which is at least 12.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:49 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

$150 is what this cooler cost. You can do a junkyard build if you want to make it look like your custom loop is far cheaper than what it would normally be but in that case I could say we can buy used AIOs for far less too then. It's kind of silly. As of right now, the cheapest radiator I see on EKWB's site is $67.00 and you still need a lot more to complete your 'custom' loop that's only custom in the sense you got as many cheap parts as possible and just threw it together to work instead of actually building something CUSTOM that you really wanted or planned. I wouldn't design my custom loop around a $100 budget like you may like to but hey, to each his or her own.

19 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Shocker... used is cheaper..  now tells us something relevant that we don't already know.

Making something like this new with decent custom parts is a solid 300 min dollars effort. plus your time. There is always a market for prebuilt solutions.

(Note before commenting, my main pc is custom loop) 

Yeah, trying to compare a bunch of used parts to new in terms of costs is just silly.

15 hours ago, 4960X said:

Most 240mm/280mm AIOs are about on par with high end air coolers such as the NH-D15 or maybe slightly better. I would still rather use an air cooler rather than get an AIO.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15-versus-closed-loop-liquid-coolers/2

I've always been a big fan of air cooling, since the days of when Thermalright was the big boy on the block. The reason I like water cooling is that a waterblock will fit a lot easier without obstructing my ram slots AND I can be assured the pressure on the heatsink from the waterblock will be what is needed for proper contact. All the weight of my Dark Rock Pro 3 might be causes me some issues and its stopping me from using some ram slots which sucks. Still, it's an awesome air cooler and looks great. However, a waterblock or even block with internal pump will fit a whole lot easier and allow me to use all of my ram slots without hanging on my board either.

11 hours ago, leadeater said:

Hey man, you can never have too many nice cases :D I'm tempted to buy another sweet case, right now my favorite is my BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900.

13 minutes ago, Th3pwn3r said:

Hey man, you can never have too many nice cases :D I'm tempted to buy another sweet case, right now my favorite is my BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900.

Mine's the LD PC-V8 which 

the-price-is-too-damn-high-thumb.jpg

8 hours ago, leadeater said:

It can be done :)

The 3U/4U case is isn't going to be a server only top of rack cooling with 3 or 4 360mm rads with baffles to make sure air can only go through the rads and I'll use as many fans as I have at low rpm, which is at least 12.

Wait, you have a 3U case for your rig? Any particular reason? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Wait, you have a 3U case for your rig? Any particular reason? 

Nah see post above. I have 4 servers I currently want to cool with more to add later and I'm just going to plumb down the sides of my server rack and use quick disconnects. I currently use Corsair H55's for my larger servers but my other ones are 2U and AIO for those won't work. Mainly I just think it will be something fun to try.

5 hours ago, leadeater said:

Mine's the LD PC-V8 which 

the-price-is-too-damn-high-thumb.jpg

That is pricey BUT you could spend your money on other useless junk or snort it up your nose like some people...

At least with the case it's nice and will last you a lifetime.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:39 AM, Deli said:

Oh, my Jesus. Whoever comments in this thread, actually owns a Eisbaer AIO? Please raise his hand.

I do have one, rebuild with better 3/8 tubing and expand with a GPU waterblock. So one 240 rad cools both CPU and GPU in one loop.

Whoever comments the pump is too weak or the tubing is too thin. Open their mouths without knowing jacksXXX.

Alphacool lost the LTT crowd the moment they went with function over form :P 

On 8/16/2017 at 5:07 AM, Misanthrope said:

At this price points it's not too much to expect better looks honestly, even marginally so.

At which price point? For the same price as this AIO, NZXT sells you a 240mm AIO, and others like Be quiet! or EVGA give you a 280mm (to be fair, you could get the 360 Be quiet in the same range). Not sure about the expandability of those, though.