Nvidia Earning Report Shows 56% Y2Y Growth with Record Earnings

Curufinwe_wins

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11711/nvidia-announces-earnings-of-22-billion-for-q2-2018

2.2 Billion this past quarter for Nvidia. Earnings all the way up at a dollar a share. Margins improved, operating profit of over half a billion. 

No real way to spin this anything other than amazing for Nvidia.

598ce49f65397_Screenshot(125).png.c9d8162b63d5dbe404f1eccd99390dbf.png

NVIDIA announced its earnings this afternoon for the second quarter of their 2018 fiscal year (not a typo). As we’ve seen over the past several quarters, NVIDIA has been growing their business at a very brisk pace, and that growth was reflected in their earnings statement once again. For the second quarter, ending July 30, NVIDIA reported revenues of $2.23 billion, up 56% from a year ago. Gross margin was up half a percent as well to 58.4%. When revenue is up, and margins are up, it should perhaps not be a shock that operating income also jumped, in this case to $688 million, which is up 117% compared to Q2 2017. Net income was $583 million, up 123% year-over-year, and that resulted in earnings per share of $0.92, up 124% from the $0.41 a year ago. Sometimes these large jumps can be attributed to write-downs or other charges in the compared quarter, but in fact Q2 2017 was also a record for the company, after they took a write down charge for the Icera modem division two years ago.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Inb4 "nothing new"

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Inb4 "nothing new"

Here's 2 years of stock prices so, seems like it :P 

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.50a4c232553f425038da8080879034e5.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Inb4 "nothing new"

novideo cant pull off a shitel because ayymd actually does something with gpus ayy

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

pokes amd

c'mon do something 

maybe a bit more than a poke?

kick-butt.gif

Just now, MoonSpot said:

kick-butt.gif

kink

wait no wrong thread

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Their year on year growth in the datacenter market is the most impressive part of this post, tbh, and also the reason for continues stock jumps. A rack of P100s does far more for analyst confidence than continued dominance in the gaming sector.

2 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Their year on year growth in the datacenter market is the most impressive part of this post, tbh, and also the reason for continues stock jumps. A rack of P100s does far more for analyst confidence than continued dominance in the gaming sector.

I agree,  as much as we gamer's like to think we effect some sort of market, the reality is it is data centres and super computers that drive GPU development, we just scrape the benefits of that as a secondary market.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Boy I really hate money.... wait no I don't! Damn you Nvidia, spare some change?

Wonder how long it's going to take for Nvidia to approach Intel levels of revenue and profit.

11 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Boy I really hate money.... wait no I don't! Damn you Nvidia, spare some change?

Wonder how long it's going to take for Nvidia to approach Intel levels of revenue and profit.

Hmm, well if NVidia buys out AMD...

Not that I think it would be a smart move. Just would be interesting to see.

12 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Hmm, well if NVidia buys out AMD...

Not that I think it would be a smart move. Just would be interesting to see.

For that to happen Intel would have to buy Radeon Technologies Group from AMD otherwise the sale would get blocked, likely still get blocked anyway. Would be interesting to see what the AMD guys could do with Nvidia/Intel kinds of R&D budget though.

Just now, Misanthrope said:

*comes up with Vega*

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

nvidiot says 400w 1080 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

For that to happen Intel would have to buy Radeon Technologies Group from AMD otherwise the sale would get blocked, likely still get blocked anyway. Would be interesting to see what the AMD guys could do with Nvidia/Intel kinds of R&D budget though.

As an example: If nvidia did buy AMD out, then nvidia will get advantage of vega. Than intel would take advantage of threadripper.

Good to see NV kicking ass. Hopefully they continue their momentum and keep pushing and bringing great products. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just in the GTX 2080 will retail at 9999 US dollars.  Though it will be able to game at 4K at 144fps you will also have to finance it with child sacrifice and donations of all of your nonessential organs.

I like Nvidia GPUs and its good they are healthy but god I hope AMD doesn't get run out of the GPU market...at least for high end

can't wait for amd to release their super secret gpu that will give you 1080ti performance for half the money.

23 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

can't wait for amd to release their super secret gpu that will give you 1080ti performance for half the money.

Maybe in 2-3 years tho

3 minutes ago, GatioH said:

Maybe in 2-3 years tho

Finally when proper vega drivers get released cuz FineWine™.

I didn't think gaming was still such a major portion of the revenue...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/