Intel Core i7 8700K pictured, i3-8350 and i3-8100 specs leaked

Mr_Troll
2 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

fixed that for you ^. I would the majority use the default which is day theme. If it were the other way around then you would see far more "fix for night theme" than you do. Also wanna read any post? Join the Day theme master race.

Actually, no, he was correct, the majority do use night theme.

From the recent survey:

Capture.PNG.443aeaa2b63f097cdad55f92652380ea.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

294+273 = 567.

Last I checked 567 > 447

Remember anyone who chose 4 is using the default which is day theme.

Those who didn't know it could be changed (which if we're being fair is probably a hell of a lot more than the 273 that voted for it) aren't using it by choice though, they're using it out of ignorance.  I guess I should have qualified what I said though, the majority of users who chose a theme use night theme.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I guess I should have qualified what I said though, the majority of users who chose a theme use night theme.

That's a nice clarification but irrelevant, because the person I quoted:

The majority of users use the night theme

What I changed it to:

The minority of users use the night theme

It was a discussion of majority vs minority no one said choice. So no he wasn't correct. There will always be more users using the default option simply because of human ignorance/laziness.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

That's a nice clarification but irrelevant, because the person I quoted:

What I changed it to:

It was a discussion of majority vs minority no one said choice. So no he wasn't correct. There will always be more users using the default option simply because of human ignorance/laziness.

I guess I just subconsciously discounted the default ones since there are so many of them... what are we up to now, like 431000 users?  Technically speaking, the majority of users don't even use the forum xD 

Meh, enough of that now though... how did this even come up?  This thread is supposed to be about Intel CPUs... >_>

Meh, enough of that now though... how did this even come up?  This thread is supposed to be about Intel CPUs... >_>

Guess I just correct inaccuracies wherever I go ;):P 

431000 users?

Exactly so now imagine how far the night theme is in the minority. That survey is of all the people who actually bothered which the most casual users probably didn't bother.

Also you aren't new to this forum :P thread topic often has little to do with half the posts ;) 

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Guess I just correct inaccuracies wherever I go ;):P 

Exactly so now imagine how far the night theme is in the minority. That survey is of all the people who actually bothered which the most casual users probably didn't bother.

yeah true, my point is that I guess which is more popular depends how we define "users".  Is it just someone who has an account, or someone who actually posts often? ;) 

Also you aren't new to this forum :P thread topic often has little to do with half the posts ;) 

Well it's supposed to xD 

And so to that end I'll try to bring us back around...

Where are the specs for the 8600K, which I assume exists?

Is Intel really going to do the i3 ****K again like they did last gen?  How well did those actually sell?  I got a feeling that it was a huge flop...

When will they learn to just unlock all of them and do away with the K thing?

Could AMD possibly sue Intel for using 8350 or any other number combination used for any of their previous IP?

Just now, tom_w141 said:

You can't own a number

It's not a number. Before this article, 8350 to me is synonymous with an FX processor. Just like 6700 and 7700 are with Intel.

What if AMD released R7 with R7 7700 instead? I'm sure Intel would be able to sue. I've seen lawsuits over the potential for customers to get confused based off of similar naming....

So, I guess my issue isn't more legal issues about suing someone, but why would I tell choose the same number used by a competitors previous products?

Now I wait for a client to ask me how to put their 8350 into an AM3+ MB....

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

From the recent survey:

off topic, but I was about to complain that I could never find the theme button. And literally just found it.

I think I like day theme better though. I also see my sig does not work right in night theme now.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

8 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

You can't own a number

Tell that to the people who made certain numbers related to DRM illegal to possess :P 

EDIT: never mind, I was too quick with the reply button, it has been addressed already.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

EDIT: never mind, I was too quick with the reply button, it has been addressed already.

Yes, and not to mention now that that group has been educated about the option, you can assume ~60% will switch (since of those who've chosen, the split is about 40/60)

On 08/08/2017 at 8:48 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

So, why would anyone buy an i5 over a k sku i3?

I dunno. Pricing might tell why once it's disclosed. But it won't happen if this is gonna be the same story as the i3 7350k price wise.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, and not to mention now that that group has been educated about the option, you can assume ~60% will switch (since of those who've chosen, the split is about 40/60)

Assuming.     How many people who took the survey are new users? how many have been here for more than a year? how many are active users?  1000 responses is pretty good, so it could be just as likely that given just as many people don't know where the theme button is as those who use day theme, it is because they don't care and thus not likely to use it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

27 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

It's not a number. Before this article, 8350 to me is synonymous with an FX processor. Just like 6700 and 7700 are with Intel.

What if AMD released R7 with R7 7700 instead? I'm sure Intel would be able to sue. I've seen lawsuits over the potential for customers to get confused based off of similar naming....

So, I guess my issue isn't more legal issues about suing someone, but why would I tell choose the same number used by a competitors previous products?

Numbers aren't unique, and AMD had both a 7700K and 6800K before Intel, they were APUs. Should AMD sue over those as well?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Then nvidia should have sued amd for the rx 480 and 580 scheme; it doesn't  work that way in the tech industry ( also amd vs intel on the x299-399 or i3-i5-i7 vs r3-r5-r7)

Who wants to bet that we're going to need to play the de-lid game to see any of that real top-end performance? xD9_9

11 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

Who wants to bet that we're going to need to play the de-lid game to see any of that real top-end performance? xD9_9

We cannot do that. A certain someone always says everything is a delidded xeon.... He gets upset pretty quick. Everyone else thinks it's funny. He doesn't get the joke..

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

From the recent survey:

So about 1000 users out how many regulars? How many registered?

-------

Current Rig

-------

35 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So about 1000 users out how many regulars? How many registered?

people always ask in one way or another "what kind of users voted?" as in are they the active ones, or not, etc.

The answer is "the ones who care".

58 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

people always ask in one way or another "what kind of users voted?" as in are they the active ones, or not, etc.

The answer is "the ones who care".

A lot more would care if the default was night time or knew how to switch it like, at all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

A lot more would care if the default was night time or knew how to switch it like, at all.

It's been suggested we add a switch for it to the signup screen and move the existing one from the bottom to the top nav bar.  Can't say for sure what if anything will actually change though.