Well this can't be good, Vega 64 could be great for mining

DoctorWho1975
Just now, kalnick said:

Unfortunately in some parts of Canada Hydro rates are lower and mining is profitable. :(

Plus with the Cnd dollar so low us buyers scoop them up as well.

Cards have been sold out in Ontario for weeks

Anyone know who has Rx Vega pre-orders in Canada?

*yeah us buyers

here where i live (close to border but far enough for US people to not come because traffic, yeah it's toronto) 

power here is about 11.7c / kwh (averaged for every day of the week, weekends and 1/2 of the day is much cheaper) 

rx 580s were in stock when i checked :)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

anyone interested in an rx 480? only for 500usd. its also a redeon card and it mines as fast as speed of light /s

Just now, AnonymousGuy said:

Paypal isn't the same as a bank account.

Do I store currency in an account there?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, themctipers said:

*yeah us buyers

here where i live (close to border but far enough for US people to not come because traffic, yeah it's toronto) 

power here is about 11.7c / kwh (averaged for every day of the week, weekends and 1/2 of the day is much cheaper) 

rx 580s were in stock when i checked :)

I live in Ottawa, hydro rates are about the same here. Everyone in Ontario pays high hydro rates.  THe cards are just coming back into stock everywhere now. They have been sold out up until this last 2 week or so. Even then its been 1 or 2 here and there

Quebec hydro rates are dirt cheap compared to Ontario though. I think some of the western provinces have cheaper hydro also.

Just now, knightslugger said:

Your Paypal account "number" is literally your email address.  That's a far cry from having your checking account number.

Stop being dense, it's not the same thing.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 minute ago, kalnick said:

I live in Ottawa, hydro rates are about the same here. Everyone in Ontario pays high hydro rates.  THe cards are just coming back into stock everywhere now. They have been sold out up until this last 2 week or so. Even then its been 1 or 2 here and there

Quebec hydro rates are dirt cheap compared to Ontario though. I think some of the western provinces have cheaper hydro also.

7.7c / kwh for 12 hours of the weekday and all day for the weekends 

i am mostly active in the night so, i guess i save money by having a fucked up sleep schedule lol

when i checked a couple of weeks ago the cards were in stock in store/online, and even on amazon. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Just because you store currency somewhere that does not make it a bank.

Credit unions are not banks, but you store money with them also

If you store money under your mattress does that make it a bank?

Paypal is not a Bank. Its a financial service but not a bank.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I really like the news if it is true. AMD can really need the money.

the problem is that these aren't reliable costumers and those sales wont fix amd's biggest problem which is the small market share

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I really like the news if it is true. AMD can really need the money.

AMD doesn't really stand to gain any more financial boon from miners then they did from the RX 500 cards.

They sell the gpus to the board partners for a set bulk price.

It the Asus, MSI, Sphire's of the world, and the retail stores, that are making the extra money on higher prices

1 minute ago, kalnick said:

Just because you store currency somewhere that does not make it a bank.

Credit unions are not banks, but you store money with them also

If you store money under your mattress does that make it a bank?

Paypal is not a Bank. Its a financial service but not a bank.

so what is a bank if not a business or institution that stores currency?

the term "Piggy Bank" comes to mind...

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

When in the Vega release date again though?  Aug 14 or 18th or something like that?  Ethereum will be changing from PoW to PoS around that time so even if this is true it might turn out to mean nothing

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Ok so in raw performance it will be very good. Not surprising.

But miners also want a ROI so they look at

-GPU retail price

and

-performance per watt

(cause unlike gamers these guys actually load the cards 24x7, so it actually affects their power bill)

Considering those factors is it still attractive as polaris?

Just now, knightslugger said:

so what is a bank if not a business or institution that stores currency?

the term "Piggy Bank" comes to mind...

I can't speak for where you live but hear in Canada the terms Bank, Banking and the ability to refer to ones self as a n Bank, or Banker are all regulated by law.

Banks have rules and regulations they must follow,  that Paypal for example does not. I beleive that both the EU and the US have similar regulations and rule about what is and is not a bank.

With the fact midrange cards are nary impossible to get a hold of and its cheaper then a 1080/1080Ti AND if its better I think it starts becoming viable.1070's are starting to be sucked into the mining game so if a 1070 is worth it getting far more hashing for not much more cost V56/64 becomes a player in the mining game. How much.. that remains to be seen, its possible its only attractive for "professional" miners.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

When in the Vega release date again though?  Aug 14 or 18th or something like that?  Ethereum will be changing from PoW to PoS around that time so even if this is true it might turn out to mean nothing

nice point, i forgot about that :)

though do we have a set date for the change ? 

Already got a friend that's interested. Two Vega 56's might = 4 RX 580;s and use less power. That's a win.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Just now, cj09beira said:

nice point, i forgot about that :)

though do we have a set date for the change ? 

I don't know tbh, I just heard and remember that it is sometime mid august 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know tbh, I just heard and remember that it is sometime mid august 

all i could find was that it will happen before 1 of November, hopefully its soon, although miners will simply move to other coins 

Just now, cj09beira said:

all i could find was that it will happen before 1 of November, hopefully its soon, although miners will simply move to other coins 

yeah that's what I was also going to mention - if this higher performance carries over to other currencies too, they'll just buy them for that and it won't really solve anything

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah that's what I was also going to mention - if this higher performance carries over to other currencies too, they'll just buy them for that and it won't really solve anything

other coins arent as profitable, at least not in the short run which might mean less miners, i guess like most things vega We will see

-GPU retail price

and

-performance per watt

(cause unlike gamers these guys actually load the cards 24x7, so it actually affects their power bill)

Considering those factors is it still as attractive as polaris?

22 minutes ago, Humbug said:

-GPU retail price

and

-performance per watt

Considering those factors is it still as attractive as polaris?

If downvolting it is as effective as Polaris then definately yes.

And it should be even more so, because the reason Vega perf per watt sucks so bad is because they had to boost clocks way past peak efficiency to compete with nvidia.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, Tedny said:

100Mhs... Holy cow..... you can make 600$ less than one month...... 

how do you do that with a pair of High power GPUs? what currency?

System specs: