Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Apple has lots of people who love them. Just not places dedicated to building computers. I have a Macbook Pro and use it every single day, but that is because you can't really build a laptop anyway so if I can't build my own I may as well get the one I like the most which was Apple.

As a desktop computer that I want to be as fast as possible and play games and be able to upgrade anytime I want with lots of parts availalbe, buying an Apple makes as much sense as buying a $400 walmart special computer.

Hackintoshes don't count as building your own computer I don't care what anybody says. You are still limited in what hardware you can buy, and any time Apple wanted they could release an update to make it not function.

A lot of invalid arguments and vastly exaggerated points in this thread against Apple in here. I'd like to see a poll of how many of the nay-sayers actually have experience with Apple products, especially Macs. It's pretty sad that people here are still so immature as to be spouting all this crap when they don't know what they're talking about, but oh well... there's always that group. 

If it comes to that I can vouch for the ones who used to own apple products and still have a macbook pro on my desk as I'm typing this, I actually got the optical drive removed when it was "serviced" bought the thing $400 more than

MSRP because of tax - at least that's the apple store's excuse to me - and the thing is just used to help me adjust my monitors' height at this point.

if it comes to personal experience I'm way biased because of horrible experience I have with them - but I personally dislike apple just for the lawsuits; oh and about steve, I dislike him as a person he's a horrible person and that is it.

no relation to apple as a company to have steve around; if it's apple, like I said earlier, I just don't like their business practice with the lawsuits.

to be fair, nokia did sue apple a long time ago and kinda incite the whole lawsuit bonanza, but still... to keep the flame is just as bad as starting it.

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

If it comes to that I can vouch for the ones who used to own apple products and still have a macbook pro on my desk as I'm typing this, I actually got the optical drive removed when it was "serviced" bought the thing $400 more than

MSRP because of tax - at least that's the apple store's excuse to me - and the thing is just used to help me adjust my monitors' height at this point.

if it comes to personal experience I'm way biased because of horrible experience I have with them - but I personally dislike apple just for the lawsuits; oh and about steve, I dislike him as a person he's a horrible person and that is it.

no relation to apple as a company to have steve around; if it's apple, like I said earlier, I just don't like their business practice with the lawsuits.

to be fair, nokia did sue apple a long time ago and kinda incite the whole lawsuit bonanza, but still... to keep the flame is just as bad as starting it.

You're gonna have to expand on your 'horrible experience'. I have no ide what you're trying to say here other than that you are easily tricked into paying too much for things.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

At the end of the day their market share and user demographics will tell you more about a product than a tech forum. 

Users weigh up cost, performance and suitability for any product, the product with the best balance for the intended job is the one that sells. If you look at apples market share and user demographics you will see that it has uses in many environments but for what ever reason currently only appeals to 11% of the market.  Why that is the case can only be argued on a case by case basis. 

I personally don't like apple because their products don't appeal to me, I have tried OSx and it was awful for me,  the iphone has never appealed, but then many iterations of various android phones haven't either.  

I have other reasons but I am not prepare to provide all the supporting links just now, so I'll leave that for another time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They make decent products.

They suck balls as a company. Calling things innovation, while they didn't invent anything (except the iPod, perhaps). Then suing everyone and their dog about anything and everything. 

Maybe Apple killed Brian Griffin.....

But seriously, they don't innovate,

The only product of theirs i have brought is a iPod touch.

If there was an android equivalent, then i wouldn't have an iPod.

Oh , and the exorbitant prices they charge for products when a windows or android equivalent( depending on the product) is far more feature packed and better value for money, hence why i brought a nexus 7 instead of an iPad.

the Apple ecosystem to me sucks, whereas the customization/usability of android/windows appeals to me greatly

But, I hate Apple for their practice of suing everyone for stuff that to me seems trivial, baseless and stupid.

I may need to replace my iPod touch at some point( the battery kinda sucks now) but thats as far as i will go near Apple nowadays

Looking for a job

You're gonna have to expand on your 'horrible experience'. I have no ide what you're trying to say here other than that you are easily tricked into paying too much for things.

no, it was during my previous work and I had to buy it, my previous work requires me to have a mac.

I was on my trip to Indonesia at the time and buying it there is easier, bought the thing for about $2300~2400 with the currency rate at the time and the msrp was 1900~ish

I came back from my trip to realize I have issues with the memory card reader so I got it to the apple store and when they brought it back the usb doesn't work anymore

so obviously I'm not happy with it, I turned it back to the store and when it came back to me I can't use the optical drive - wondering why I opened the casing and found out

they took the optical drive. Of course after about a month the usb doesn't work anymore - again....

so I ended up just saving money and frustration and bought my current pc :\

I honestly don't think i need to disclose this, but this really brought back the anger for losing so much time that I could be spending on work instead of trouble shooting.

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Internet and home based 'techies' aka people who basically just follow what others say are the ones who dislike Apple. These are also the people who stress the fact of how PC > Mac. 

Apple products are great for what they are. They serve a purpose. They do that purpose well. 99% of these anti-apple people are not in the professional fields, in an area where it's useful or just plain never used the product. Sadly to say, the majority of the LTT forum goers are "uneducated" in the world of tech and don't understand the basic fundamentals of computers. They just follow what Linus or what the other forum people say. It's quite annoying to be honest. The other big point is these are freaking 15 year old kids who can't even afford to purchase the computer, have never used the product and yet still say they hate it. I freaking hate having a personal air plane that flies me wherever I want to go at any time... Oh wait.. I don't freaking have one so I wouldn't know!

I work for one of the largest PC companies in the United States and guess what I'm using right now, A MACBOOK PRO. 

Stop being ignorant. Stop being dumb!

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

They make decent products.

They suck balls as a company. Calling things innovation, while they didn't invent anything (except the iPod, perhaps). Then suing everyone and their dog about anything and everything. 

Umm. As much as I don't like Apple as a whole, what you said doesn't make sense at all.

Innovation means to improve upon something that is already established, not to invent something useful - rather to improve upon someone else's creation(s).

Internet and home based 'techies' aka people who basically just follow what others say are the ones who dislike Apple. These are also the people who stress the fact of how PC > Mac. 

Apple products are great for what they are. They serve a purpose. They do that purpose well. 99% of these anti-apple people are not in the professional fields, in an area where it's useful or just plain never used the product. Sadly to say, the majority of the LTT forum goers are "uneducated" in the world of tech and don't understand the basic fundamentals of computers. They just follow what Linus or what the other forum people say. It's quite annoying to be honest. The other big point is these are freaking 15 year old kids who can't even afford to purchase the computer, have never used the product and yet still say they hate it. I freaking hate having a personal air plane that flies me wherever I want to go at any time... Oh wait.. I don't freaking have one so I wouldn't know!

I work for one of the largest PC companies in the United States and guess what I'm using right now, A MACBOOK PRO. 

Stop being ignorant. Stop being dumb!

So what your saying is if you don't like apple your ignorant and dumb and only .1% off professional people actually don't like apple.

Sorry but that's rubbish,  There are plenty of well informed professionals who don't like apple, just like there are plenty of well informed professionals who don't like linux, windows, Lenovo, HP or whatever brand.  We are not all 15 year old's with no experience. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Mostly because of the horrible things they've done (and continue to do) to other companies. e.g. copying someone else's idea then patenting it and suing the company they took it from.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

They act like they rule the world, steal ideas and claim them as their own and sue everyone who does something similar. And all the apple slaves that think apple is the only good hardware brand.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

So what your saying is if you don't like apple your ignorant and dumb and only .1% off professional people actually don't like apple.

Sorry but that's rubbish,  There are plenty of well informed professionals who don't like apple, just like there are plenty of well informed professionals who don't like linux, windows, Lenovo, HP or whatever brand.  We are not all 15 year old's with no experience. 

No I'm saying the people who don't, have not and will not ever own nor use the products and still have the urge to scream their stupidity are.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

No I'm saying the people who don't, have not and will not ever own nor use the products and still have the urge to scream their stupidity are.

k

That's fair.

The company itself and their decisions. Some of the people that buy them are elitist snobs who need taken down a peg.

The short of it basically...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Hello!

First post, and wanted to bring up something I have been wondering about ever since I began getting deeper into the PC ecosystem, and that is, Why are Apple hated so much as a company, and their products crucified even though despite the price they are reasonably good devices.

Personally, I went from a PS2 + Windows XP user, then migrated very very happily toward Xbox 360 + Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard and now have built my own PC and run Windows 8, and Hackintosh'ed OS 10.9 Mavericks, and use that PC for gaming as well as work when on OS X.

Please no major PC fanboyism, I have no bias towards either of them, I use both 50/50, but I do value the ecosystem Apple has created, I just use Windows 8 for more application support and gaming, until Steam OS comes around! :)

Cheers.

[My user image is my youtube image, and matches my name of which I picked a long time ago, I dont mean it to look so biased.]

I don't hate apple, I just don't buy their products because I'm cheap, I prefer price to performance rather than the extra fiddles and diddles, I also prefer more open software which I am able to customize more freely, windows has that and once linux has some decent gaming support I'm definitely switching over. Mac can't be customized unless you unlock it, with all the "user friendly" features I'm not able to do as much as I do on windows / Linux.

I work with macs every day though, some features are quite nice for your average user and I've thought about introducing newcomers to mac rather than windows, but then I'm afraid of limiting what they'll be willing to learn and just plain creating another "I think I know everything about anything computers" kinda guy.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I'm 17. I have an iMac at home. I've used it a lot. Never found it that enjoyable to use, or worth the price it was bought for. Spent less on building a much better PC, and am much more satisfied. The Apple Mac works, but what should it be used for with a sandy i3 and HD 6670 graphics?

Who is it targeted at? Uneducated buyers. It isn't powerful enough to do well in the tasks Macs are supposedly so good at, and cannot run all the programs that a normal family might want it to. An uneducated buyer, thinks it must be a great powerful computer with its sleek design and high price tag, when really, it isn't.

That to me, is Apple specifically targeting these people who are uneducated on tech specs and is a blatant money steal.

@ttam, You seem to be arguing that only people who follow trends are the ones disliking Apple, but how would you suggest someone should feel satisfied with a Mac like I mentioned, when it is so useless for what you pay?

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

I'm 17. I have an iMac at home. I've used it a lot. Never found it that enjoyable to use, or worth the price it was bought for. Spent less on building a much better PC, and am much more satisfied. The Apple Mac works, but what should it be used for with a sandy i3 and HD 6670 graphics?

Who is it targeted at? Uneducated buyers. It isn't powerful enough to do well in the tasks Macs are supposedly so good at, and cannot run all the programs that a normal family might want it to. An uneducated buyer, thinks it must be a great powerful computer with its sleek design and high price tag, when really, it isn't.

That to me, is Apple specifically targeting these people who are uneducated on tech specs and is a blatant money steal.

I honestly never understood buying an expensive iMac with something like a i3 in it. i5 at the least and it better be quad core to justify the price.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I honestly never understood buying an expensive iMac with something like a i3 in it. i5 at the least and it better be quad core to justify the price.

Sales folk won't explain the difference to you, they just want their pay. It's just what I mean, Apple targeting those who don't realise.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

@ttam, You seem to be arguing that only people who follow trends are the ones disliking Apple, but how would you suggest someone should feel satisfied with a Mac like I mentioned, when it is so useless for what you pay?

The fact that it's a low end mac and considered a home PC.. You basically just answered it right there. It's a glorified home PC. Nothing more.

1) You're buying it for the form of the pc. It's an all in one. This appeals to people.

2) IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE SAME BRACKET AS A CUSTOM BUILT PC. Don't even compare the two. It's foolish.

3) I've got a iMac in my office. i7, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, gtx 780m and I've played a few games on it that ran perfect with good fps.

4) And for your last one - I pay for these expensive rocks to decorate my yard, and they do nothing but look pretty. This point is moot.

Edit: These things are basically glorified laptops with a big screen and no built in keyboard. You don't go comparing a laptop to a desktop build in terms of gaming. Until they fit a full size video card in an iMac, then we can start talking about the comparisons. 

I don't really hate their products.

I hate the company for the countless lawsuits and patent 'innovation' claims.

Steve Jobs was also a mean mean guy imo. He didn't help the image of them being nicer either.

Also overpriced but that I don't hate, just laughable.

Sales folk won't explain the difference to you, they just want their pay. It's just what I mean, Apple targeting those who don't realise.

This is because people generally walk into a store like Best Buy here in the states where majority of apple products are bought.

You are greeted by a non-educated (in tech sense) that just wants to sell you a product in their department so they look good.

They give you the general overview which is basically what's written on the info sheet in front of it.

Hype it up as they are told. Remember, this hype is going to the general population who hardly know how to turn the computer on.

These people know the name, know it's a top product and jump on the chance to own one.

And you know what. For the general user, these low end computers will serve them well.

On the other end. The higher end ones work and do exactly what a PC can do.. For the most part and within limitations.

You also use these higher end macs for the software. Some of this software is amazing for what it does. 

I don't really hate their products.

Steve Jobs was also a mean mean guy imo. He didn't help the image of them being nicer either.

Also overpriced but that I don't hate, just laughable.

That is what I personally have a gripe with the company. It's bullshit to sue everyone over such little things.

That is what I personally have a gripe with the company. It's bullshit to sue everyone over such little things.

Yep although I don't like their products either because well they are overpriced and not my thing, I don't hate the products.

It's just the company is the lowest scum, proudly taking part in the patent trolling.

Yep although I don't like their products either because well they are overpriced and not my thing, I don't hate the products.

It's just the company is the lowest scum, proudly taking part in the patent trolling.

If only these companies would stop suing each other... They could come up with some really cool and actually innovative stuff if they put the tens of millions and millions of dollars somewhere productive.