Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

Hello!

First post, and wanted to bring up something I have been wondering about ever since I began getting deeper into the PC ecosystem, and that is, Why are Apple hated so much as a company, and their products crucified even though despite the price they are reasonably good devices.

Personally, I went from a PS2 + Windows XP user, then migrated very very happily toward Xbox 360 + Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard and now have built my own PC and run Windows 8, and Hackintosh'ed OS 10.9 Mavericks, and use that PC for gaming as well as work when on OS X.

Please no major PC fanboyism, I have no bias towards either of them, I use both 50/50, but I do value the ecosystem Apple has created, I just use Windows 8 for more application support and gaming, until Steam OS comes around! :)

Cheers.

[My user image is my youtube image, and matches my name of which I picked a long time ago, I dont mean it to look so biased.]

My main problem isnt their os, im okay with OS X. My problem is that they stopped innovating. They stopped innovating and started lashing out in lawsuits. I used to love apple, and I want to still love apple, but they make it hard.

personally, They are a bad company, they steal ideas from people and when someone steals one of theres they drive them into the ground until that company dies. or atleast thats how it used to be. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Thats true, Personally I use the iPhone 5S and a HTC One entandem, so I get the best of both worlds but I feel I get things done faster on iOS, I think it may be phycological...

But in terms of their PC and their pricing, Apples lowest price laptop is $849 comes with the MBA design and a Core i5, and their $1199 laptop is a Core i5 2.5GHz, and has the 2560x1600 13inch retina display.

Also the Mac Pro now has the new design based on up to 12 Core LGA2011, with dual FirePro workstation GPUs.

I personally don't hate Apple as a whole, what really gets me is their pricing. $1200 for a sub-par laptop with integrated graphics and an i3?

$3,000 for a desktop with a Radeon 5XXX series GPU and a LGA 1366 CPU

And half the companies on this planet aren't?

Except most companies don't sue others for making a product that looks vaguely like their product from 25 meters away in dim lighting.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

because it feels like ur in jail. sure it can be argued its safer to be on a apple products but u dont get the freedom like on their competitors (windows, android etc)

My personal thought, their price/performance are really really bad. And anything they touch change the color to all white and slap a sticker on it, makes the price go up to 4 times than normal. This is what they thought of being "Innovative"?

Some say the hatred is for selling overpriced products or because of the people who buy the products etc etc.  I will let you in on a little secret... The real reason is because Apple acts like a big jerk. To consumers and every business on the planet.

Thread closed from here on out.

This is the sort of stuff I knew I would come across but didn't want to..

I agree some of their business decisions like suing companies like Samsung over 'rounded corners' is freaking ridiculous, but "To Consumers and every business on the planet" I disagree with.

Their customer service is one of the best in the world and their return policy is far and away the best i've ever come across. You drop and smash your iPhone 5S, you go into the store and they will give you a new one! No hassle.

Thanks for your reply! 

This is the sort of stuff I knew I would come across but didn't want to..

I agree some of their business decisions like suing companies like Samsung over 'rounded corners' is freaking ridiculous, but "To Consumers and every business on the planet" I disagree with.

Their customer service is one of the best in the world and their return policy is far and away the best i've ever come across. You drop and smash your iPhone 5S, you go into the store and they will give you a new one! No hassle.

Thanks for your reply! 

When it comes to us PC nerds its just that we all look at price to performance and to how open a platform is, Apple is failing in both currently. That's all.

I hate Apple for various reasons, I don't like their OS at all even though hipsters and 16 year old girls say it is better and much friendlier, but that's a whole different story. I never liked Steve Jobs, much less now that people put him up in a pedestal as the inventor of the modern day computer and the MP3 Player, hell even the iPod and Tablets, while he didn't do shit but apparently he loved taking the credit for everything. He was a childish, evil, angry little "genius" I always hated his attitude about business or rather from the whole company, stupid lawsuit after stupid lawsuit, they'd throw lawsuits even at the companies that helped them make their own product and they still do today, they just won a ridiculous lawsuit against Samsung, they keep sending lawsuit behind lawsuit because Samsung is kicking their ass. Apple is the most childish company there is in the world, they're elitist, their products are overpriced, they cater to literally retards who truly believe their OS is safer and all that crap they put in ads, I can't count how many times I've gotten into an argument with an ignorant retard arguing that everything about a Mac was better than a PC, of course all these people not knowing anything about computers and just being fanboys and annoying little girls. It has become somewhat of a religion and its fans are the worst and most stupid people to deal with. The company's attitude towards innovations is just the worst, they'd rather keep their ridiculous patents that I don't know how they've been granted! And keep suing everyone for the most ridiculous and childish reasons! They come out with a new version of their products every year and it's literally the same. And I'm sure there are many more reason I could list here but I won't keep ranting about it. Apple sucks.

I'm not against buying an apple product, but it would have to be a compelling value and since you can get more for your money by building your own pc, i don't buy it.

If they really began to innovate again, then maybe.

I dislike the fanbase & the overpricing of their componenets.

I dislike iOS because it is locked down but I personally think its the best tablet OS available

Also Steve Jobs was known to be a bit of a dick to his workers so yeah

The things I've been seeing a lot as a 'reason' are:

'No innovation'

It does get to a point where most things that could be fixed about smartphones are fixed, and have been since the iPhone, except battery life, and this is where I think we need to ALL stop on going for stupid crazy smartphone performance, and now crawl back to 2-3day battery life, and obviously this isn't something Apple can do themselves, but I don't know personally what else I want from a phone. Sorry to quote the Magic Man himself but "How can people tell you what you want if they haven't seen it before?"

'Closed and Locked Down'

Personally I disagree with the need for anyone other than professionals for this to matter. With all the Android application root codes being discovered and more and more virus' being discovered every day for Android, I would always prefer locked and safe, as opposed to open until my phone bricks.

'Expensive'

For the expensive argument, I'd like to put forward the fact, that buying a GS4, or Galaxy Note 3 outright is just as expensive as buying an iPhone 5S outright.

The Macbook Air was ofted scoffed at for the price, $849 for the design alone, as soon as 'WINDOWS' [Getting slated for using 'PC' as the term] vendors began working on similar designs, they realised how expensive it is and the same laptop is not exactly a lot cheaper, and I would always pay for that design.

The Macbook Pro ships with a Retina Display, for $1199, I'd pay for that over a 1366x786 laptop anyday.

The Mac Pro.. Fine You Win on this one.

'Patent Trolling' 
Yes fair enough I completely disagree with Apples morales when it comes to patenting, But at the same time they all do it.

From a business perspective, it's simple for end users, but the people who have to configure, setup, and maintain Apple products, it becomes a huge hassle because of how closed down the product is and there isn't any on-site repairs, we have to send the product to Apple for a fix/replacement, thus we have to order more than we need so we have temporary replacements for our end users or we have to have them wait for the replacement.

This is why more technical users are very vocal when it comes to Apple products.

they make pretty nice hardware, there is no doubt. but other things are what people dont like.

to name a few:

OS which is limited

price

their claims to innovate

aggression over patents and driving out competition

and i think people get annoyed by how Apple has so many "sheep" consumer that they control and make t believe their products and original and superior.

[i think samsung's phone line is becoming like this too]

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

For me it's price.  I don't outright hate them, I own a couple of iPods and an iphone myself but that's the biggest sticking point for me with their other products.

I still don't get what the premium entails based on what their products can do compared to similar spec'd competitors.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I hate Apple for various reasons, I don't like their OS at all even though hipsters and 16 year old girls say it is better and much friendlier, but that's a whole different story. I never liked Steve Jobs, much less now that people put him up in a pedestal as the inventor of the modern day computer and the MP3 Player, hell even the iPod and Tablets, while he didn't do shit but apparently he loved taking the credit for everything. He was a childish, evil, angry little "genius" I always hated his attitude about business or rather from the whole company, stupid lawsuit after stupid lawsuit, they'd throw lawsuits even at the companies that helped them make their own product and they still do today, they just won a ridiculous lawsuit against Samsung, they keep sending lawsuit behind lawsuit because Samsung is kicking their ass. Apple is the most childish company there is in the world, they're elitist, their products are overpriced, they cater to literally retards who truly believe their OS is safer and all that crap they put in ads, I can't count how many times I've gotten into an argument with an ignorant retard arguing that everything about a Mac was better than a PC, of course all these people not knowing anything about computers and just being fanboys and annoying little girls. It has become somewhat of a religion and its fans are the worst and most stupid people to deal with. The company's attitude towards innovations is just the worst, they'd rather keep their ridiculous patents that I don't know how they've been granted! And keep suing everyone for the most ridiculous and childish reasons! They come out with a new version of their products every year and it's literally the same. And I'm sure there are many more reason I could list here but I won't keep ranting about it. Apple sucks.

Im sorry, I'm new to this forum and I feel like a student shouting at a teacher but please Shut Up... I asked for reasons not a childish rant, and you've repeated yourself about 5 times in this rage-filled paragraph. 

You cannot insult a company for their user base, people have opinions and if somebody prefers to use an OS they've had better experiences with it is their decision. You're PC elitist attitude shows your complete hypocritical nature and makes your argument invalid. The patent wars are not all Apple<. Samsung is just as guilty, yes Apples patents are ridiculous, but that is an issue with the patent system in the technology sector. 

And lastly, insulting Steve Jobs does not make 1. You right, or 2. Apple 'suck'.  It is arguable that Steve Jobs took credit for other peoples work, but his 'genius' wasn't inventing the products, it was being a salesmen, and getting people together to create these products.

Please, Please get your head out the ground, Apple still pushes ideas that PCs adopt later on, for example High-Resolution displays, What the f*** was going on there until Apple released the Retina display, and now people reviewing Samsung GS4's are like oooo look at this [pointless] 426DPI, and the Ultrabook, was the Macbook Air, and arguing that is ridiculous.

From a business perspective, it's simple for end users, but the people who have to configure, setup, and maintain Apple products, it becomes a huge hassle because of how closed down the product is and there isn't any on-site repairs, we have to send the product to Apple for a fix/replacement, thus we have to order more than we need so we have temporary replacements for our end users or we have to have them wait for the replacement.

This is why more technical users are very vocal when it comes to Apple products.

Fair enough, from a business perspective I can see why this would be a negative side, of course for mainstream users that would be a better solution but True, it sounds like hassle.

Thanks for bringing a new viewpoint :)

they make pretty nice hardware, there is no doubt. but other things are what people dont like.

to name a few:

OS which is limited

price

their claims to innovate

aggression over patents and driving out competition

and i think people get annoyed by how Apple has so many "sheep" consumer that they control and make t believe their products and original and superior.

[i think samsung's phone line is becoming like this too]

I agree the price is a little annoying, But it does come down, and becomes more 'worth it'. 

But the OS being limited depends on your usecase, for gaming yes it is limited, for video production I much prefer it for my Youtube channel, and the applications that ship on OS X are far superior to even some 3rd Party Windows apps.

But yeah I think we've got to the point where there is not much left to innovate, Googles got the Glass, Samsungs got Galaxy Gear, there is not many more places to go.. Ring computers?

Patents is something I cant argue with, Just everyone does it.

A lot of invalid arguments and vastly exaggerated points in this thread against Apple in here. I'd like to see a poll of how many of the nay-sayers actually have experience with Apple products, especially Macs. It's pretty sad that people here are still so immature as to be spouting all this crap when they don't know what they're talking about, but oh well... there's always that group. 

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Im sorry, I'm new to this forum and I feel like a student shouting at a teacher but please Shut Up... I asked for reasons not a childish rant, and you've repeated yourself about 5 times in this rage-filled paragraph. 

You cannot insult a company for their user base, people have opinions and if somebody prefers to use an OS they've had better experiences with it is their decision. You're PC elitist attitude shows your complete hypocritical nature and makes your argument invalid. The patent wars are not all Apple<. Samsung is just as guilty, yes Apples patents are ridiculous, but that is an issue with the patent system in the technology sector. 

And lastly, insulting Steve Jobs does not make 1. You right, or 2. Apple 'suck'.  It is arguable that Steve Jobs took credit for other peoples work, but his 'genius' wasn't inventing the products, it was being a salesmen, and getting people together to create these products.

Please, Please get your head out the ground, Apple still pushes ideas that PCs adopt later on, for example High-Resolution displays, What the f*** was going on there until Apple released the Retina display, and now people reviewing Samsung GS4's are like oooo look at this [pointless] 426DPI, and the Ultrabook, was the Macbook Air, and arguing that is ridiculous.

Woah, I hit a nerve! Even I said i was ranting, it was pretty much a given that I was a ranting... Also I don't appreciate you telling me to "shut up" It's a forum, and you asked for the opinion of everyone in this open forum, but anyways, I'm sorry if I offended you, I wasn't calling you an idiot or all the people that use Apple computers idiots, I explicitly referred to their religious fanboys who are always shouting about their superiority when they clearly know nothing about what's inside of that computer, people who I've encountered.

Of course not all patent wars are Apple... Who wouldn't know that? Still that doesn't make it okay and it's still shitty and it still fuels some of the hatred I have for that company, wasn't that what you asked for? "Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?"

I know insulting Steve Jobs doesn't make me right, why would you assume that? I simply gave you my opinion on him, and another thing that fuels the hatred I have for that company, which again... You asked.

I know Steve's genius was in selling and handling a company, that's pretty obvious, he was the CEO of a dying company and he brought it back to life, still took credit for everything though and it is a well known fact that he was kind of a shitty person.

Oh Ultrabooks and the MacBook Air! They made really thin and stylish laptops and the most wasteful manufacturing process ever know to man with the aluminum uni-body design, Alright I'll give you that.

Theres always gonna be haters for things that are big in this world.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Woah, I hit a nerve! Even I said i was ranting, it was pretty much a given that I was a ranting... Also I don't appreciate you telling me to "shut up" It's a forum, and you asked for the opinion of everyone in this open forum, but anyways, I'm sorry if I offended you, I wasn't calling you an idiot or all the people that use Apple computers idiots, I explicitly referred to their religious fanboys who are always shouting about their superiority when they clearly know nothing about what's inside of that computer, people who I've encountered.

Of course not all patent wars are Apple... Who wouldn't know that? Still that doesn't make it okay and it's still shitty and it still fuels some of the hatred I have for that company, wasn't that what you asked for? "Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?"

I know insulting Steve Jobs doesn't make me right, why would you assume that? I simply gave you my opinion on him, and another thing that fuels the hatred I have for that company, which again... You asked.

I know Steve's genius was in selling and handling a company, that's pretty obvious, he was the CEO of a dying company and he brought it back to life, still took credit for everything though and it is a well known fact that he was kind of a shitty person.

Oh Ultrabooks and the MacBook Air! They made really thin and stylish laptops and the most wasteful manufacturing process ever know to man with the aluminum uni-body design, Alright I'll give you that.

Apologies I have no idea why I flipped out,

But yeah I apologise I did ask for opinions, and then slated yours.

Yep Steve Jobs was a shitty person, but I'd still never want what he did to be undone, and value his drive to make a better and better product, and Apples prime was when Steve was alive, they are going down hill now and I really need a new laptop manufacture if they begin to decline seriously.

A lot of invalid arguments and vastly exaggerated points in this thread against Apple in here. I'd like to see a poll of how many of the nay-sayers actually have experience with Apple products, especially Macs. It's pretty sad that people here are still so immature as to be spouting all this crap when they don't know what they're talking about, but oh well... there's always that group. 

Yeah thats been my view too... Any Idea how I can make a poll for the forum? Is there an inbuilt forum poll or do I need to make a poll outside of the forum and link it?

Cheers

Why do people hate Apple products?

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE MORONS!

It's the same old simple behavior of "fanboism." I personally would hate Apple products if I am forced to use them, but I am not, so I do not care.

However, there's a lot of people out there who don't think like me.

And it's not limited to electronics or whatever. It's endless.

Simply put it, they think like this: "It's not enough for me to do what I like, other must do the same thing that I like."

They ignore that different people think differently and want everyone to act like them.