1050ti for $200 NEW

H0R53
1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

lol

so glad I bought my FURY on sale @ $270 before this ETH craze

Yeah, you know what?

Fuck anyone who mines.

I don't care who it is or what they mine with, whether casually or for profit.

It's all their bloody fault nobody can buy a fucking GPU these days for sane prices.

Fuck every single one of them.

I have every right to be mad.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Yeah, you know what?

Fuck anyone who mines.

It's all their bloody fault nobody can buy a fucking GPU these days for sane prices.

Well, it's the people that buy GPUs specifically to mine, and it's the people that buy dozens at a time that drive the prices up so dramatically. I tried mining for myself but it was not nearly profitable enough to actually commit my computer to (since I play so many video games.)

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Well, it's the people that buy GPUs specifically to mine, and it's the people that buy dozens at a time that drive the prices up so dramatically. I tried mining for myself but it was not nearly profitable enough to actually commit my computer to (since I play so many video games.)

Precisely.

I ranted about this not too long ago.

Soon the 1050ti is gonna be $400 like the 1060 is now.

And nobody can game.

6 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Yeah, you know what?

Fuck anyone who mines.

Gooood, GOOOOOOD!!! tell us how you REALLY feel. Let the hate flow through you...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Oldschool cards are the way to go right now if they can run what you want.

46 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Gooood, GOOOOOOD!!! tell us how you REALLY feel. Let the hate flow through you...

I knew this was gonna be posted.

It's not hate so much as frustration that to get anything better than what I have I have to shell out $400 for anything. The OG 1060 was like $235

45 minutes ago, dexT said:

Oldschool cards are the way to go right now if they can run what you want.

780ti for $325 a good deal right now?

7 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Yeah, you know what?

Fuck anyone who mines.

Yes it sucks for gamers, but miners have every right to buy hardware like you do. You are not more entitled to a GPU simply because you game on it, there is no correct or incorrect way to use them (At least for computational and rendering tasks). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

780ti for $325 a good deal right now?

Ew yuck I didn't know it went that far.

Damn was looking for a 780 ti Kingpin.

Just now, H0R53 said:

I knew this was gonna be posted.

It's not hate so much as frustration that to get anything better than what I have I have to shell out $400 for anything. The OG 1060 was like $235

welcome to the big leagues kid.

Up here you play big, you spend big. Nature of the beast.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

welcome to the big leagues kid.

Up here you play big, you spend big. Nature of the beast.

Amen to that.

Looks like I'll be stuck with a GTX 1050ti FTW at 1950MHz for the next 6-8 months until things calm down and all the miners buy Vega and sell their 5XXs.

A 1060 costs more now than when I bought my 1070. 1060 is $390 range and I bought my 1070 for $370. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

18 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

lol

so glad I bought my FURY on sale @ $270 before this ETH craze

Got an Evga SC GTX TITAN X for 350$ in january, now refurbished reference 980ti are all 400$+ heheh

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

A 1060 costs more now than when I bought my 1070. 1060 is $390 range and I bought my 1070 for $370. 

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Got an Evga SC GTX TITAN X for 350$ in january, now refurbished reference 980ti are all 400$+ heheh

I found a 980ti for $379. I might go for it.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Amen to that.

Looks like I'll be stuck with a GTX 1050ti FTW at 1950MHz for the next 6-8 months until things calm down and all the miners buy Vega and sell their 5XXs.

You might have a engorging disdain for miners, but let me sing you the song of the CC miner, where every 10+ y/o with mom and dad's wallet are now super saturating the CC market with their 1080ti's and 580's driving the rate of return to HALF of what it was just a month ago.

HALF!!!

That's a LOT of bread and butter to a lot folks. imagine taking a 50% paycut from your job and then be told to LIVE WITH IT AND LIKE IT. A lot of miners have spend TENS OF THOUSANDS of United States Freedom paper and Canadian Kopeks on their equipment. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS.

No no, when it comes down to it, WE MINERS have a bigger bone to pick with the gamer than ya'll even know. You wanna play Skyrim and TRL. We want to feed our children. there's a bit of a difference there.

don't expect there to be gobs of 5XX or Pascals on the market after Vega/Volta hit. a rig full of 1080's or 580's is still mining quite a bit of money just to write them off.

System specs:

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

You might have a engorging disdain for miners, but let me sing you the song of the CC miner, where every 10+ y/o with mom and dad's wallet are now super saturating the CC market with their 1080ti's and 580's driving the rate of return to HALF of what it was just a month ago.

HALF!!!

That's a LOT of bread and butter to a lot folks. imagine taking a 50% paycut from your job and then be told to LIVE WITH IT AND LIKE IT. A lot of miners have spend TENS OF THOUSANDS of United States Freedom paper and Canadian Kopeks on their equipment. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS.

No no, when it comes down to it, WE MINERS have a bigger bone to pick with the gamer than ya'll even know. You wanna play Skyrim and TRL. We want to feed our children. there's a bit of a difference there.

don't expect there to be gobs of 5XX or Pascals on the market after Vega/Volta hit. a rig full of 1080's or 580's is still mining quite a bit of money just to write them off.

It's not just gaming I do.

I do freelance 3D modeling and texturing for big dollars. That's what my recent $400 paycheck was from, and why I'm looking for a better GPU.

Some of the 3D models and scenes I deal with are so large they take a full 5 minutes to load into blender and take up half a gig of space on my drives.

The faster I can model and work with these things the more money I can make.

But with GPU prices so high I can't get a better card to do my job to even feed myself.

So excuse me if I'm mad. I'm also hangry.

Edit: It was $400 for a single model with textures.

I didn't cover the 1050 ti but the same thing applies basically

hey how do I put the specs of my build, been watching Linus for years but I just joined the fourm

2 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Yeah, no kidding.

Well, rant over. Guess I'll upgrade my motherboard. Don't need to, at all, but it's the oldest part of my computer.

i'm not one to tell others how to run their business, but that seems like a foolish thing to do if you NEED a better GPU to do your job.

System specs: