This iPad WILL Change EVERYTHING - Tech Walks Ep2

4 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Buy a low end surface if you are just note taking. That with the stylus is pretty fucking awesome.

Good input, thank you. 

I bought the Dell Vostro 3568 CORE I3-­7100U with 128GB and 4GB and it was working fine, but I lost the laptop, don't ask. 

13 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

It'd be up to you. I'd prefer a 2-in-1 like the Lenovo Yoga or iPad vs a straight hinged laptop.

Thanks, I'll check the Lenovo one. 

Good video.

Informative, no bullshit.

Even the thumbnail was fine

2 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Ipads SUCK

There is nothing even close in the tablet sphere. Cheap Android tablets 'suck'

4 minutes ago, gonvres said:

a 50 dollar android tablet sucks, a 200 dollar android tablet will do most the things the ipads do and have expandable storage and come in at 1/5th the price leaving you enough room to get a laptop or desktop that is BETTER then the ipad for the tasks that can't be done on the andriod tablet, don't be a fanboy, admit how overpriced these devices are and you will see how pointless they are.

I really am not a Apple fan these days 9 I used to work for them) as the direction they go with the macbook and mac pro are a joke BUT the only issue I have with them is the price, they are over priced but than again So is every other premium product. Look at cars, why bother buying a ferrari when your Mustang after visting big babba Super chargers can put out more power.. 

Its simple because its not always about power, that I feel is our issue with mac the "For the same money you can buy a pc twice as powerful) yes that is true, but mac really do complete the whole experience not just the spec sheets which I feel to many focus on. 

I love my ipad and honestly will prob get a ipad Pro for the GF as she's a full time graphic designer, shes using my MSI GE62 and a Wacom pad but these is ZERO reason for her to use them with a product like this and thats a professional example, people always saying apple is great personal horrible professional. 

Now I'm not trying to ride the Apple train, but man people on this forum at the moment are so fast to throw hate at things instead of actually considering it. Lets jump back to the car thing, If you want your Fast modified car, go for it, but leave the guys who want to buy the Ferrari alone, they really are not hurting you. 

2 hours ago, Walt said:

Why though? The thing is that for tech/nerds apple is not a good brand. But there software is so easy to use. Without the Apple software my grandma wouldn't been able to use the internet and other electronic devices.

Agree, and even for teh/nerds they still great products, just expensive

yeah, because thats what I want, a dongle that will break off, I use my tablet as a music source in my car, lots of in and outs of the car, I don't need no dongles or other expensive crap.

Dude you hating on a product because it does not fit in with your exact very specific requirements, just cause you can't swap your SD card into a iPad doesn't make it at all a bad product, just not the product for you.  

1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

See that's where you are wrong. You just declared iPad to be forever useless and no on smart would ever say that about anything

Apple's intention was like a bottom up approach. IPad Pro are extremely powerful hardware wise and IOS 11 is definitely a step in the right direction. At this point ipads can replace laptops for about fifty percent of personal use case along with having tablet advantages like thin and light and great battery. 

Thank you :) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

22 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

yeah, because thats what I want, a dongle that will break off, I use my tablet as a music source in my car, lots of in and outs of the car, I don't need no dongles or other expensive crap.

exactly, I pad like $180 for my Galaxy Tab 2 7" (slightly over half the price of the most budget Ipad) and aside from being horribly slow by todays standards it has served it's purpose as a music source while driving (headphone out to aux in on car stereo) for YEARS, gets a MONTH AND A HALF battery life doing this (and ONLY this, if you use the screen the battery life goes way down), recently I had to replace the headphone jack because it got worn out, so I used Ifixit to buy a new jack and take it apart and reinstall, the device is over 4 and a half years old (bought late November 2012), still supports all modern apps thanks to community development of newer versions of Android, and it supports my 64GB microSD card.

Why are you using a tablet in your car without the screen being in use? To me that seems like a waste of $180. There are many better solutions to use a microSD card in your car that are cheaper. Also, you said that the Galaxy Tab 2 is slow, however my iPad 2 from 2011 still preforms amazing and I have no slowdowns or issues.

And that is why I'm sticking to iOS for a while for both phones and tablets, iOS may not be the most feature rich mobile operating system but at least when they implement a new feature, it actually works unlike many Android OEMs who are implementing undercooked features that either nobody uses (e.g. TouchWiz) or will severely cripple the user experience.

Also, one more thing that iOS can do that alot of Android OEMs struggle with, timely over the air software updates. Unless you're using a Pixel, that Android tablet can take months or even a year to receive an update or sometimes no updates at all. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

don't have to watch a video to know a device without expandable storage sucks.

Oneplus 5?

Google Pixel/Nexus?

Expandable storage is great, but only if the company rips you off on storage upgrades, and/or the base storage isn't enough.

if a phone comes with 64GB of base storage, the majority of people won't ever need expandable storage.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, johnharew said:

Why are you using a tablet in your car without the screen being in use? To me that seems like a waste of $180. There are many better solutions to use a microSD card in your car that are cheaper. Also, you said that the Galaxy Tab 2 is slow, however my iPad 2 from 2011 still preforms amazing and I have no slowdowns or issues.

it's a MUSIC SOURCE with a GREAT DAC that I can easily move between cars (as both my cars have an Aux input) and is compatible with many newer cars as 3.5mm aux inputs are becoming more of standard equipment, and on top of that I can easily turn the screen on to switch tracks or albums when needed, sure I could just use my cell phone at this point but I already have the tablet and prefer the sound of it's DAC over the DAC in the phone so I use it.

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Oneplus 5?

Google Pixel/Nexus?

Expandable storage is great, but only if the company rips you off on storage upgrades, and/or the base storage isn't enough.

if a phone comes with 64GB of base storage, the majority of people won't ever need expandable storage.

I NEVER claimed some android devices didn't screw you the same way, I personally specifically only buy devices with expandable storage, and since when does a company NOT rip you off on expandable storage? a 128GB microSD card goes for 50 bucks but the upgrade from 32gb to 128gb costs an extra hundred on the iphone 7, really twice as much for 75% the capacity bump, how is that NOT a ripoff?

whatever you can never win discussing Apple products issues because the fanboys have to win so I am bowing out and will not be commenting further on this thread.

This is great! I am using the first generation of iPad and it still outperforms like Tab 3v even though i frequently shutted down by chrome because it eats RAM like crazy

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

@Zando Bob You should see your thing being discussed

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

23 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I NEVER claimed some android devices didn't screw you the same way, I personally specifically only buy devices with expandable storage, and since when does a company NOT rip you off on expandable storage? a 128GB microSD card goes for 50 bucks but the upgrade from 32gb to 128gb costs an extra hundred on the iphone 7, really twice as much for 75% the capacity bump, how is that NOT a ripoff?

whatever you can never win discussing Apple products issues because the fanboys have to win so I am bowing out and will not be commenting further on this thread.

firstoff, yes, it is a rip-off in terms of storage with apple. other companies take a smaller margin on storage.

second, you are looking at the cheapest micro SD cards available, and like it or not, apple's storage on their IPhone is blazing fast, and is better than anything a micro SD card could deliver.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

35 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

a 128GB microSD card goes for 50 bucks but the upgrade from 32gb to 128gb costs an extra hundred on the iphone 7, really twice as much for 75% the capacity bump, how is that NOT a ripoff?

Do you even know how much NVMe solid state drives cost? Apple has been using NVMe since the iPhone 6s. 

1 hour ago, gonvres said:

You're ignoring so much of the market. Medium and high end Android tablets are fantastic, for a tablet running a mobile OS. Everything that the iPad "Pro" is supposed to be, the Wacom Cintiq Companion, Surface Pro, and Vaio Z Canvas do better, except battery life, which is the only saving grace of the iPad in this regard.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

There's this weird black line at the bottom right corner of the screen lol.

I think the regular ipad can be a good device for many people, especially those who're computer illiterate.  I bought one for my mom so she can watch movies and she's enjoying it.  However, the ipad pro makes no sense as product other than to bait the diehard fans into spending more money.  Despite it's "pro" name, it's not really targeted towards the prosumer crowd because it's still running iOS. You might as well get the Surface Pro since it has full fledged windows so at least you can run the programs you want.

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Do you even know how much NVMe solid state drives cost? Apple has been using NVMe since the iPhone 6s. 

a 250GB 960 evo nvme goes for about 130 retail, so more then DOUBLE the capacity on a price per gigabyte compared to apple's upcharge to go from 32GB to 128GB on the Iphone 7.

@Daniel644 maybe you're looking at things only from your point of view. I know people that prefer to draw with the old iPad rather than the best cintiq... So maybe you should consider you are NOT the target consumer for something like an iPad... But at least you should have some respect for real people that worked on the thing which packs incredible technology, even if you don't like it.

A bit dissapointed to see that even in LTT forums there's people like this, but also happy to see the incredible amount of people not being fanboy of either side. Not perfect but LTT forums seems much more mature and adult than most alternatives out there, IMO.

EDIT: It's funny how just after saying this someone below makes fun of how not important the 120hz is. That's why II always say "it's not important for me"

WTF, the only "Important" thing about this tablet is the screen refresh rate? How os this relevant? Linus said there are lots of reasons why this is good, than he just says TWO reasons, and both of them are pathetic.

- it makes the tablet "faster". REALLY? It does not actually make it faster, and it is hardly relevant.

- it is better for games?? Ffs, mobile gaming is cancer anyway, you wont play game that really benefit from it (if on pc 60Hz is good enough for most games, why would you want 120Hz for shitty games? It is not like you will play serious fps on a tablet).

I dont really care about apple, but this decision looks like a "number battle" move - it only makes difference when compairing numbers that dont matter.

"Look, I need a 120Hz screen to watch Netflix, because it must be better than a 60Hz, right? Right? PLEASE SAY IM RIGHT!1!"

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

2 minutes ago, Tiz said:

@Daniel644 maybe you're looking at things only from your point of view. I know people that prefer to draw with the old iPad rather than the best cintiq... So maybe you should consider you are NOT the target consumer for something like an iPad... But at least you should have some respect for real people that worked on the thing which packs incredible technology, even if you don't like it.

maybe you should just admit how Apple OVERCHARGES for a product, where have I been disrespectful to the folks that built it? I haven't said one bad word about the Chinese workers being worked to death (12 hour shifts 6 days a week) for $400 USD a month plus room and board, my opinion on a product is not a comment against the people that build it, Apple simply overcharges for there products.

@Daniel644

Yes, Apple overcharges for their products. I didn't know that was a secret to anyone (?). Still, there's huge amount of people that buys them only for the brand, and then some amount of people that buys them for specific reasons, in this case, for example, for drawing. I myself own an iPhone SE because there's no Android phone so small and yet so fast (I tested my iPhone SE against one of my friends Galaxy S8 and they were the same).

As always, I'll enjoy my digital life using any kind of products from any brand without worshiping anyone ;) I still think it's the best way and the most productive.

How to bait a PCMR extremist on LTT? Post something positive about Apple and watch them squirm and get triggered.

IMG_5595.GIF.d9c028f007c5450275e05b6b2e9368ae.GIF

People think that this forum is a safe space for PCMR cultists. Apparently, it's not. 

Edited by hey_yo_

Whoa, what the heck, why has this been an Apple hate-fest from the get-go? I mean, I get it, PC guys hate Apple, but still, that's not the point of the video in the slightest. Chill and instead of looking at it from the perspective of whether or not you have a use for it, look at it from the perspective of where the industry is heading.

Android tablets (and phones, let's be real here) have just been in a contest competing with each other for the highest numbers on a spec sheet regardless of how relevant they are. 3D touch has become a thing on Android now after Apple rolled that out, as has the rush to cram the most pixels into a display of a given size since Apple pushed the Retina Display.

At this point, I'm calling that we'll be seeing a rush to 240Hz and beyond on the Android side just because they'll be trying to squeeze out every advantage they can from the super crowded ecosystem. Does that matter to most people? No. But >60Hz and adaptive refresh is something OEMs are going to look at and start implementing on their own hardware, which can only serve to improve the user experience across the whole category.

That's the point of the video. Not "everybody should buy an ipad because of this feature" or "everybody should buy an ipad because lol android sucks". Not even "ipads are good". Just "this is a boring market segment that hasn't seen anything new in years and this is a major new feature whose significance few people seem to understand".

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

12 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

That's the point of the video. Not "everybody should buy an ipad because of this feature" or "everybody should buy an ipad because lol android sucks". Not even "ipads are good". Just "this is a boring market segment that hasn't seen anything new in years and this is a major new feature whose significance few people seem to understand"

Absolutely.

To many butthurt commentary on this subject.

*edit

Tablets are a category of their own and what Apple has done is good for the product but its not ground breaking tech, just implementing current tech on a device that needed an upgrade. That is all. 

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well until Apple finds a way to get OSX running on that thing, to me, it's not going to be changing everything. Because in practice (and you see this in University campuses), it's going to do whatever iPads currently do which is... reading PDFs and consuming content.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580