What Screwdriver would people recommend to build PC?

Go to solution Solved by mightytech,

Defiantly get a gaming screwdriver. Make sure it has "booming bass" And 7.1 surround,with a million speakers in it since we all know we need that many. And make sure its USB. With water cooling and LED's. :P   

First of all, which Screwdriver would people recommend to get to build a PC or if there is no prefernces than what sort of Screwdriver ahould I get: a.k.a magnetic, made of any particular sort of materials as to not short out any of my components.

Brit,

<p> AMD FX-8350 CPU, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo, Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory,Samsung 840evo 120gb ssd, Samsung 840evo 256gb ssd, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB Graphics card, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) Case, Corsair CS 750W 80+ Gold PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium

A Phillips screwdriver is all you need. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

No Preference use whatever you like. I have built many computers with magnetic ones and no harm has ever been done.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I find just a general good screwdriver to work fine. I use a magnetic tip-ed ratcheting screwdriver personally. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

One that screws stuff

A phillips #2 screwdriver.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

phillips head screwdriver size 2 thats alittle magnetic is what i use all the time :)
i also have a small socket screw drivers for screwing in the motherboard stand-offs too :)

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

One taht fits the screws and perhaps is longer than 2cm. If it fullfills this criteria, you gonna be fine ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

use Philips with magnetic :D 

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

It must be magnetic. Ratcheting if you have the money.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I use a precision phillips set, some screws can just be too small for your standard Phillips screwdriver (i.e. the ones on the back of the 290X when your taking the HSF assembly off to install any aftermarket cooler).

It costs like $20 for the set form your local hardware store, includes Pentalope (always nice to mess around with your old, dead HDDs) and what not, and also magnetic.

I have a Snapon screwdriver with the extra heads in the handle :| its also magnetic which makes it fricking awesome for like £10 lol

Character artist in the Games industry.

My better half have purchased this tool kit in the past and liked it enough to purchase it again,  I know we bought at least one to keep at the office we used to work at for computer stuff for instance.

It is more than you need, but it is frequently on sale for $20.00 and has enough in it for that price I would recommend it, especially if you don't have any other computer tools.  As others have said you stand a good chance of getting by with just a Phillips, but the other stuff can save you some cursing sometimes.  Personally I love the screw grabber claw thingy it comes with. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I use an electric one with changeable speeds and torque. Makes life much easier. The changing torque is nice so it doesn't strip screws and when it's tight (as the set torque) it just stops spinning.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

18716.JPG

CBF going to work to take photo of mine but  magnetic ratchet screwdiver = king

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Something non magnetic :P, preferably a Phillips Head.

Magnetic is honestly perfectly fine.

Get a magnetic screwdriver with changeable tips, and a kit of different tips to go with it.