7900X Coming In Hot?!

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Doesn't look like an issue to me

Gamer's Nexus is working on regaining some of their lost AMD fan base from their negative Ryzen reporting.  They pissed off a lot of AMD guys so they are pulling a Joker Production right now.  lol 

Just now, tom_w141 said:

When yours is a non reviewer sample and you go above 1.25V you may see the issue ;) 

Reviewer Sample 7700Ks overclocked worse than the consumer versions. Idk why Intel would spend time and money binning those CPUs just to send them to reviewers....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

He is buying a 7900X so yes he could afford the 16C Threadripper and still have $150 :P 

Well its pretty well known @done12many2 can afford to buy intel anytime anywhere, so I ain't including him ;) 

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Great point.  I hope they can bud.  It would be great for everyone.  

If not, the future is still looking much better for us all. 

In the future, people will wonder the day where they can afford 54C/108T CPU 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Ofc it will but lets wait and see how it performs against a CPU in its price bracket ;) 

It'll lose as the entire world already knows.  Who the hell buys Intel for value?  An idiot.  Who buys Intel for the most performance?  Smart people.  xD

Just now, done12many2 said:

Gamer's Nexus is working on regaining some of their lost AMD fan base from their negative Ryzen reporting.  They pissed off a lot of AMD guys so they are pulling a Joker Production right now.  lol 

Yep like I said the tech reviewer cabal is working against poor Intel. So far these issues are present in GN, OC3D and LTT, who will come out with these blasphemous lies next? Tune in next time.

It'll lose as the entire world already knows.  Who the hell buys Intel for value?  An idiot.  Who buys Intel for the most performance?  Smart people.  xD

You just contradicted yourself... "it will lose" you bought it for its performance not its value yet if it loses then it has neither?

5 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Yep like I said the tech reviewer cabal is working against poor Intel. So far these issues are present in GN, OC3D and LTT, who will come out with these blasphemous lies next? Tune in next time.

Oh, I'm not saying they're lies bud.  Temps will be high if someone is dumb enough to try to cool a high clock speed 10 core with an AIO.  That's just stupid.  Yet all the reviewers keep trying.  4.5 to 4.8 on a small CLC is just ridiculous.  Why not just go for 4.3 to 4.4 and still enjoy the great performance results.

I for one am glad they can clock that high and even higher as I don't plan to use a CLC.  Intel gave me the option on how high I want to talk it and I appreciate that.  

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

You just contradicted yourself... "it will lose" you bought it for its performance not its value yet if it loses then it has neither?

It will lose if you compare it to the Threadripper CPU that costs the same. If you compare it to the AMD CPU that has the same number of cores, it will destroy it

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I think you took "it will lose" the wrong way.  No biggie.  

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It will lose if you compare it to the Threadripper CPU that costs the same. If you compare it to the AMD CPU that has the same number of cores, it will destroy it

Thanks, I'm getting bored.  lol

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

CPUs are best compared on price bracket, like R5 and i5 for example. If you compare a 1600 to 7800X obviously it loses duh but if you compare it to the product it competes against (i5s) it wins.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks, I'm getting bored.  lol

Good maybe if you are done the thread can return to the topic :P though the idea of a fantasy reviewer cabal against Intel was amusing, though it is slightly troubling that you find Intel infallible.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

CPUs are best compared on price bracket, like R5 and i5 for example. If you compare a 1600 to 7800X obviously it loses duh but if you compare it to the product it competes against (i5s) it wins.

So why the fuck did AMD compare Ryzen to X99 CPUs? IDIOTS! 

19 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Don't really care cause delidding anyawys.

Butttttt testing with close loop piece of shit AIO's is a turn off.  Put a custom loop on it so we can see the behavior on a more standardized "best case" cooling setup and then people can extrapolate downwards if they use an AIO.

1 A multi-billion dollar company should use something better than toothpaste for TIM. The fact you almost need to delid Intel chips is insane.

2 Not too many care for or need a full custom loop nor do many want to deal with maintenance when AIOs are plug-in-play for decent temps. While a custom loop test would be nice, if you're getting high temps with an AIO, this does not look good regardless.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Good maybe if you are done the thread can return to the topic :P 

Which was?  Oh yeah, high "package" temps on x299.  Just as an informational, "package" temps are always higher on HCC Intel CPUs compared to core temps.  It's the nature of design.  How familiar are you with Intel's package temp measuring?

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

It'll lose as the entire world already knows.  Who the hell buys Intel for value?  An idiot.  Who buys Intel for the most performance?  Smart Rich* people.  xD

Corrected that one for you! :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Which was?  Oh yeah, high "package" temps on x299.  Just as an informational, "package" temps are always higher on HCC Intel CPUs compared to core temps.  It's the nature of design.  How familiar are you with Intel's package temp measuring?

No, you got it wrong. It was: "Let's hate on Intel because the CPUs we can't afford run hot"

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Consumer CPUs....sure...

High end desktops where performance matters first...no...I dont agree with the prices but for workstation chips, price is not the way to compare them. 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Corrected that one for you! :P

Good one bud.  Smart people too.  :D

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Which was?  Oh yeah, high "package" temp on x299.  Just as an informational, "package" temps are always higher on HCC Intel CPUs compared to core temps.  It the nature of design.  How familiar are you with Intel's package temp measuring?

Core temps not far behind did you watch or listen?

Good one bud.  Smart people too.  :D

*Looks at our signatures* FUCK YEAH :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Consumer CPUs....sure...

High end desktops where performance matters first...no...I dont agree with the prices but for workstation chips, price is not the way to compare them. 

That's how @tom_w141 compares most things.  Value is his #1.  Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the same for a guy like me.  

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

1 A multi-billion dollar company should use something better than toothpaste for TIM. The fact you almost need to delid Intel chips is insane.

2 Not too many care for or need a full custom loop nor do many want to deal with maintenance when AIOs are plug-in-play for decent temps. While a custom loop test would be nice, if you're getting high temps with an AIO, this does not look good regardless.

No no the thread is irrelevant now. @done12many2 has enlightened us to the lies of all the tech reviewers, they are forming a Cabal to bring down beloved, infallible Intel. The thermal issues are not present it is a scheme concocted by the Cabal to hurt Intel.

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Core temps not far behind did you watch or listen?

How far is "not far"?

... and you still didn't answer my question.