Amazon to aqcuire Whole Foods

There almost nothing you can't buy on Amazon and now people can get fresh groceries too. Yes there is Amazon Fresh, but that's not the point. Amazon wanting a piece of the food business, is said to acquire Whole Foods Market for $13.7 billion dollars, where it's probably going to finalized in the 2nd half of this year.

Amazon Founder, Jeff Bezos said,

“Millions of people love Whole Foods Market because they offer the best natural and organic foods, and they make it fun to eat healthy. Whole Foods Market has been satisfying, delighting and nourishing customers for nearly four decades – they’re doing an amazing job and we want that to continue.”

Whole Foods will continue to sell items under their own brand, with their HQ remaining in Austin, and chief executive of Whole Foods John Mackey, will get to keep his job position.

-1x-1.png

http://wccftech.com/amazon-whole-foods-acquisition-13-7-billion-usd/

https://www.bloomberg.com/technology

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Im looking forward to this mainly because i see all of these Whole Food's stores getting the Amazon Go tech

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

With my current location, the history of where my Amazon packages come from, and the chart above all in mind, I am now very confused.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

25 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

With my current location, the history of where my Amazon packages come from, and the chart above all in mind, I am now very confused.

Amazon has been rolling out a lot of new locations.  The smaller ones have a much lower stock than others. Amazon is clearly heading for much tighter vertical integration with the supply chain.  Some people that live near the big distribution centers are getting products in a couple of hours.

5 hours ago, Chasem121 said:

As a mail carrier...

? ?

Job security? At least until drone deliveries become feasible

Main Rig: i7-4790 | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM

Laptop: 2016 Macbook Pro 15" w/ i7-6820HQ, RX 455, 16GB RAM

Others: Apple iPhone XS, ATH-M50X, Airpods, SE215

It's funny how this online giant who were putting the squeeze on physical stores is pushing to become more and more of a brick and mortar store themselves.

10 minutes ago, Ertman said:

It's funny how this online giant who were putting the squeeze on physical stores is pushing to become more and more of a brick and mortar store themselves.

Realistically, they're becoming something like an "within the day" mail-order catalog. A lot of their reach was limited because of trying to avoid Tax issues, but tech & States caught up to all that so they've shifted.

No surprise since they already announced they would be breaking into the Australian food market later this year iirc. Amazon is becoming the google of things lol.

3 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

No surprise since they already announced they would be breaking into the Australian food market later this year iirc. Amazon is becoming the google of things lol.

Apparently they'll have a hard time doing that. 

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/retail-expert-reveals-why-amazon-might-struggle-in-australia/news-story/8c4d3c1c4506161f55e4a341775cf329

I've also heard from other sources that only about 3% of Aussies buy food online and a further 30% said they would only consider it in the future. 

I recon if they come here this year it is not to take the market by storm but only to setup a presence for when the tide changes.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, Ertman said:

they didn't acquire a single company but they also got 400+ distribution centers in uptown and densely populated areas