Computex: ASRock motherboards. AM4 ITX and, yes you're going to read this right, X299 ITX.

3 minutes ago, flukey said:

@MageTank As someone who's seriously considering the related motherboard for my next build I'm looking around at the best SO-DIMM memory and found the choice between the g-skill set you linked and the corsair set:

http://www.ebuyer.com/767781-corsair-vengeance-32gb-kit-ddr4-sodimm-3000mhz-laptop-memory-cmsx32gx4m2a3000c16

Do you know this set to have sloppy timings (post OC)/be generally worse? I think the price seems pretty decent. 

The Corsair kits use SK Hynix IC's, and have some shoddy compatibility issues on nearly every laptop (including the ones with modded BIOS's). For a desktop motherboard with access to tertiary timings, it won't be that big of a deal, as you can force any kit of ram to work with enough patience. That being said, I have yet to see an IC clock as well as Samsung B-Die on air, so G Skill's highest offering would still be your best bet if you are looking for "the best".

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

33 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

So when do we get Monoblocks? 

When EK feels like it.

Ye ole' train

15 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

When EK feels like it.

It was bitspower who released the x99itx monoblock. So we are likely to be relying on them this time too

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

58 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

It was bitspower who released the x99itx monoblock. So we are likely to be relying on them this time too

@goodtofufriday

I think read a statement from notcua saying the new socket's heat sink mounts are the same as the old LGA2011. If you have to fall back on standard old blocks/coolers that is ;)

That Ryzen board is massively disappointing. Why would you only put 5 USB ports on a high end board? Why would you include 2 HDMI ports on a board that will likely be used with CPUs that don't have onboard graphics? I might have to go team Blue based on motherboard selection alone at this rate.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

That Ryzen board is massively disappointing. Why would you only put 5 USB ports on a high end board? Why would you include 2 HDMI ports on a board that will likely be used with CPUs that don't have onboard graphics? I might have to go team Blue based on motherboard selection alone at this rate.

Who uses more than 3 USB ports, 4 if you have a USB headphone? 2 for keyboard/mouse (and keyboard usually has a passthrough), one for I don't know, some random USB stick and maybe a webcam. If you need more, get a USB hub.

Ye ole' train

8 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Who uses more than 3 USB ports, 4 if you have a USB headphone? 2 for keyboard/mouse (and keyboard usually has a passthrough), one for I don't know, some random USB stick and maybe a webcam. If you need more, get a USB hub.

I do.

I don't want to have to use a hub.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

I do.

USB ports on the case?

5 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

If you need more, get a USB hub

USB hubs are inferior. Any desktop system should br able to support at least 6, otherwise it is worthless, IMO.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

I do.

Like what? If youre doing something heavily media related then not many itx boards are gonna do you any better. You could do a usb c to usb a hub and that would really be better to do. Easy to remove all devices. 

I use mouse, kb, and sometimes usb storage. Thats 3. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Kingston and crucial did make so-dimms back then with heatsinks so they look like their desktops. Problem was itx did not exist and having the heatsink cause problems for laptops, like can't install 2 sticks of ram or close the ram cover. After that, they got rid of those heatsinks. Now it's just a sticker.

Actual heatsink

kingston-hyperx-sodimm.jpg

Sticker heatsink

HyperX_Impact_16GB_pht6.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

I do.... I currently use all 6 on the back of my pc, and 1 of 12 on my monitors. My 2 USB 3.1 on the front are reserved for said 3.0 and 3.1 backup and usb devices so a total of 9 usb ports used right now. 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

USB ports on the case?

Most of the cases I'm looking at don't have them, or they're positioned so that it would be more awkward than anything to use them. Plus a lot of the things I'm plugging in don't belong in a front port.

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

USB hubs are inferior. Any desktop system should br able to support at least 6, otherwise it is worthless, IMO.

Exactly! Why have 2 HDMI ports on a board like this? One of those could have easily been 2 - 4 more USB ports...

4 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Like what? If youre doing something heavily media related then not many itx boards are gonna do you any better. You could do a usb c to usb a hub and that would really be better to do. Easy to remove all devices. 

I use mouse, kb, and sometimes usb storage. Thats 3. 

1. Keyboard
  2. - Onboard USB port used for mouse
  3. Keyboard (takes 2, though to be fair I don't know if both need to be plugged in)
  4. Monitor's USB hub, into which is plugged in:
    - Logitech adapter
    - USB speakers
  5. Printer
  6. External hard drive
  7. External hard drive
  8. WiFi adapter
  9. USB hub affixed to the underside of my desk

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

If I didn't have the ports available to me on the devices, I'd need even more. Granted the WiFi adapter could be replaced with something else on a different motherboard.

2 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

C'mon ASRock, X399 TR4 mITX boards. 

good luck

....I'd love to see it, not gonna lie. Even if they had to move the m.2 and RAM slots onto the back of the motherboard.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Exactly! Why have 2 HDMI ports on a board like this? One of those could have easily been 2 - 4 more USB ports...

Well, the one is becuase AM4 is supposed to be both CPU and APU, whereas it was the AM and FM platforms before. The other is because the board's designer had a stroke. I think that there should be non-APU counterparts that DO have more IO like USB, 1/10GbE NICs, etc. That, or design the mainboard with some modularity so that we can swap video outs if we don't want them.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:
  1. Keyboard
  2. - Onboard USB port used for mouse
  3. Keyboard (takes 2, though to be fair I don't know if both need to be plugged in)
  4. Monitor's USB hub, into which is plugged in:
    - Logitech adapter
    - USB speakers
  5. Printer
  6. External hard drive
  7. External hard drive
  8. WiFi adapter
  9. USB hub affixed to the underside of my desk

That's what I can think of off the top of my head

For me, on my main  system, it's

Direct to mainboard:

K70 RGB LUX, probably switch it back to the K95 Plat if I can get the switches swapped

Logitech Unifying reciever(albeit through the K70/95 passthrough)

Predator USB 3.0 hub

On the Predator's hub

Galaxy Fit 2 charger

Qi Charger

Razer Seiren (only for temporary cable management reasons, it'll be going back to the mainboard soon, sees slight audio playback issues on the hub).

Here's what's currently unplugged, and for what reason:

C922 webcam. Latency issues on hub, mess by the tower.

Razer Ripsaw. Huge latency and bandwidth issues on hub, cables too short for setting it up be the tower.

NZXT Hue+. All internal headers already used, but it's meant to be mounted to my desk anyways.

3 USB 3.0 HDDs. Don't need to sun them 24/7, but I always need the ports to accomodate all 3. Bandwidth issues on hub.

Bluetooth adapter. Don't need it on my main as of right now

Wifi adapter. Same as bluetooth adapter.

Xbox 360 wireless adapter. Too cluttery.

Xbox One adapter. It's on my emulator box currently, but can be swotched when ever.

Misc. Charging cables. Haven't ran out of outlets by my desk yet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Finally.  FINALLY a B350 ITX board.  X370 makes no friggin' sense in ITX form factor.

Now, we just need an X370 mATX board and we're good to go...

Mini-ITX X299 looks beast.

Annnd that H110 Pro BTC is going to be my friends new favorite toy.

I'll be waiting for X399 ITX boards

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

16 hours ago, PigWithAMustache said:

I'll be waiting for X399 ITX boards

Good luck. Don't think there's any room left on the board for anything once you slap the massive socket on an ITX board. 

Ye ole' train