Mechanical Keyboard that's easy to clean, quiet and wallet friendly??

ybriK

Something similar to the BlackWidow X's open design but uses quiet switches and friendly on the wallet?

STZg6gx.png

HAVIT-Blue-LED-Backlit-Wired-Mechanical-

Thanks for suggestions, going to be looking around for these.

I'm very happy with my Drevo Tyrfing tenkeyless board. Apart from the stupid name that is.

Super solid, backlit with all standard effects, double shot keycaps, n-key rollover, braided cable, etc. And only 35 GBP on Amazon.

I picked brown switches because I like the tactile feedback, but you could get the red ones as they're more quiet, or install those rubber rings to make it even more silent.

Does you mum know you're here?

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Corsair's K65/K70. the non-RGB versions are pretty cheap nowadays!

+1

I have the K70 Lux, $100 with a wrist rest and a literally unbendable steel backplate

*Edit* Mechanical key swill be louder in general. I have this and a Logitech G710, same switch type and I found this to be louder, but it was because the K70 doesnt come with O-rings on the keycaps. Putting O-rings on the caps reduced noise a lot! (I would get clear O-rings since the black ones I bought get in the way of some of the lighting on they keys)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I would get a Corsair one, they have the same key design (thin base so you see the bottom of the keys) as the pictures you mention, and you can get them in reds or browns which are relatively quiet. I wouldn't say they are wallet friendly (they are all $150+) but they will last forever so I recommend them.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

Corsair K70 is what i WOULD recomend but the brushed aluminum is hell to clean. i have one and i have just stoped careing. dust and grime and shit just gets everywhere and getting it of isnt just a simple microfibre cloth whipe, noooo, you need fucking water and shit too.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'd add my name to the list for a Corsair model should budget permit.

Additionally, it appears you've also linked a Mechanical Eagle (nope, Magic Eagle) board. Now, I do not have any experience with this company (Mechanical Eagle), but the reviews seem promising and the price is certainly more on the affordable side. It's worth noting that the switches they use to save cost seem to basically be Cherry MX knockoffs. Seems that people report the feel is pretty solid though. Switch life could be a concern over Cherry or other high-end switches.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x

Lol I'll join the chorus.  I got a k70 browns rgb for 120 CAD (90ish isd) Second hand but because of how much of a tank it is I've had 0 issues. Love the rgb solid keyboard all around

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Any point investing in the K70 LUX? Or just some marketing stuff?

1 hour ago, Wheelzz said:

I'd add my name to the list for a Corsair model should budget permit.

Additionally, it appears you've also linked a Mechanical Eagle board. Now, I do not have any experience with this company, but the reviews seem promising and the price is certainly more on the affordable side. It's worth noting that the switches they use to save cost seem to basically be Cherry MX knockoffs. Seems that people report the feel is pretty solid though. Switch life could be a concern over Cherry or other high-end switches.

He's linked a Magic Eagle. Mechanical Eagle/E-element are much nicer boards.

Cherry doesn't make the best switches, either. Most modern endgame keyboards use things like custom Gaterons or Topre. 

7 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

He's linked a Magic Eagle. Mechanical Eagle/E-element are much nicer boards.

Cherry doesn't make the best switches, either. Most modern endgame keyboards use things like custom Gaterons or Topre. 

My bad, I thought I saw Mechanical Eagle.

I'm aware that Cherry isn't the only (or the best) player in the mechanical switch game, but their switches are good and they're the mainstream high-end switch manufacturer that is most common -- with boards that can be had at affordable prices. They also happen to be the only manufacturer I have first-hand experience with.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x