Why I won't tell my parents about Christmas.

miyabwah

Not trying to be derogative. This is a serious suggestion.

Get a job - even temporarily - and give your parents a gift! :)

• 1 month later...

0.o my brother spends more than that.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Ask for money.

I always ask for money, I get more with that strategy. asking small bits. I'm not the kind to spend on small things I don't really need. I need relevant things that often are a big one-expense

''Where did you get that money (800$) ''

''savings''

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Necromancy!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm about that age (just turned 13 on the 9th), and I've been trying to save up for a gaming rig too. I managed to convince my dad to pay me minimum wage for doing jobs around the house(cleaning, shoveling snow, fixing grandma's PC, etc.). In about two months I earned $300 dollars. Because minimum wage is so low ($7 an hour) he agreed that he might double my money (some might say that is a lot, but my family makes HUGE messes, and shoveling snow at my house isn't easy. My driveway is big, and the snow is always HEAVY. I'm not the strongest either) . That is $600 dollars in two months. Getting money is easy if you know how to do it. You might not be able to get your father to double your pay, but you could still get a bit of money. Good luck!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Just so you know...Christmas has no meaning, Newton was born on the afford mentioned holiday.

Jesus (if he was real) was born in the summer, not the winter, his birthday was moved for "christmas" which is supposed to celebrate the winter solstice just coz.

It was then later adopted and turned into buy your kids useless shit they don't need and are not thankful for.

Christmas as its known today, has as little meaning as valentines day.

I stopped getting presents when I was 14, my choice mind you.  My parents still insist on getting something, which usually just turns into like £50-100 they force down my throat.....parents pshh

You must be a blast at parties Mr "too edgy to have fun with my family".

You're not as grown up as you think you are. Actually, you're very immature and egocentric.

You're not as grown up as you think you are. Actually, you're very immature and egocentric.

I don't go to parties, I'd rather not get involved in that.

Immature for what exactly?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Just so you know...Christmas has no meaning, Newton was born on the afford mentioned holiday.

Jesus (if he was real) was born in the summer, not the winter, his birthday was moved for "christmas" which is supposed to celebrate the winter solstice just coz.

It was then later adopted and turned into buy your kids useless shit they don't need and are not thankful for.

Christmas as its known today, has as little meaning as valentines day.

I stopped getting presents when I was 14, my choice mind you.  My parents still insist on getting something, which usually just turns into like £50-100 they force down my throat.....parents pshh

How old are you?

Do chores

Get a paper route 

Do chores for neightbours etc

Lots of things you can do to get money.

Also

we have christmas in summer...

I don't go to parties, I'd rather not get involved in that.

Immature for what exactly?

Because you don't understand what Christmas is about. I doubt that many people actually celebrate it solely because they believe Jesus was born that way. Not sure about you, but my family celebrate Christmas because it's a tradition, and it's a reason to meet a lot of relatives you don't see that often. It's also fun to make the kids happy. You don't need to have religious beliefs to enjoy Christmas and if you think you do (which you are implying by dedicating like half your post about how Jesus wasn't born in December and Christmas has no meaning) then you are missing the point.

I don't get why you would choose to not get presents either. Why do you think parents buy presents for their kids? It's to make the kids happy. You are being very egocentric by saying that you don't want presents, and then be ungraceful when they give you money so you can buy something to yourself. Not just egocentric because you didn't take their feelings into consideration, but you are also robbing them from their enjoyment of seeing you happy. You are denying them enjoyment and making their Christmas less fun, and now you're trying to do the same for the people in this thread. Don't like Christmas? Then why post in this thread and try to ruin it for the people who enjoys it?

You're not being mature or smart by calling Christmas "exploitation" or saying that it's just about "buying your kids useless shit they don't need and are not thankful for". You are just being edgy.

I don't get why so many people on this forum are edgy, and likes any post that is.

lots of stuff here

Chrsitmas,and especially holidays have become an excuse for parents to buy something for their kids.If you care about your children(who doesn't?) you'd get him presents anytime,you don't need an excuse for it.It's just one of the many results of today's shitty society,and you can do nothing about it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

stuff

What Nineshadow said, summed it up pretty nicely.

I buy things for my parents all the time, no matter how small they are, they also buy me things, throughout the year.  Just because we love each other and want to see each other happy.

You shouldn't need any sort of reason for any of what you said about family/gifts.  It's something you should be doing anyway unless you choose not too (like I choose not too with family as I have no interest in talking to them)

Sorry but "Christmas" as its celebrated by millions today, is a made-up excuse for getting parents to give sellers (shops etc) there hard earned money.  While also ripping them of by increasing the price for the holidays, because they know parents will pay it to see there children "happy" for a few days.

Parents get joy from Christmas when Kids are young, because of the "magic" of it all, the kids love it.

Once you get older, it slowly goes away and you wake up, then it starts again when you become a parent yourself and want to see your kids happy and it keeps going.  Its something that has been programmed into us for a very long time and its become a "tradition".

Expecting another..."you are not edgy" post.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Chrsitmas,and especially holidays have become an excuse for parents to buy something for their kids.If you care about your children(who doesn't?) you'd get him presents anytime,you don't need an excuse for it.It's just one of the many results of today's shitty society,and you can do nothing about it.

Be careful to not cut someone when you're that edgy. I actually do buy gifts every once in a while even though it's not a birthday/Christmas/some other holiday.

Your reply only addresses a tiny part of my post by the way, and ignores the rest.

I started a dog walking business when I was 10 and now I walk 3 dogs everyday after school and earn $45 a week (a little over $2 per walk),

that's how I've been getting the parts for my PC. I know its not that much but my build right now isn't bad, I have an 8350 and a 7970.

Also I'm planning on getting a real job In two years when I can drive.

I wish I had that ambition when I was your age, or even now.

Be careful to not cut someone when you're that edgy. I actually do buy gifts every once in a while even though it's not a birthday/Christmas/some other holiday.

Your reply only addresses a tiny part of my post by the way, and ignores the rest.

Umm...so?I've just stated the con of Christmas.

Umm...so?I've just stated the con of Christmas.

I don't think you know what the word "con" means.

I don't think you know what the word "con" means.

Downside sounds better Mr. Criticism?

Figure out a way to save up money... Or make an allowance system with your parents. I wrote an essay on how allowance is beneficial to kids, and now  I get $2.50 every week for doing chores. That adds up to approx. $130.00 every year. Just think about it, in only about 5 Years, I'd have $650.00, I'm guessing. Add Christmas Money ( $30.00 ) and B-Day Money ( $30.00 ), and I'd have that in like, 3 Years. Point is, if you figure out a way to span money over time, it will seem like a LOT LESS. During Christmas I'm getting either the AZIO Levetron Clicker, or the CM Storm Quickfire TK. Another option is to take advantage of the weather. Go to neighbors houses and like, shovel snow or rake leaves for money. My friend made $180 doing that. If you're too young for that, then you don't need a PC at all.

Downside sounds better Mr. Criticism?

Your post didn't really specify any downside of Christmas either, so no I am still not pleased with your wording.

What Nineshadow said, summed it up pretty nicely.

Except his post didn't really address any points I brought up.

I buy things for my parents all the time, no matter how small they are, they also buy me things, throughout the year.  Just because we love each other and want to see each other happy.

You shouldn't need any sort of reason for any of what you said about family/gifts.  It's something you should be doing anyway unless you choose not too (like I choose not too with family as I have no interest in talking to them)

Sorry but "Christmas" as its celebrated by millions today, is a made-up excuse for getting parents to give sellers (shops etc) there hard earned money.  While also ripping them of by increasing the price for the holidays, because they know parents will pay it to see there children "happy" for a few days.

Parents get joy from Christmas when Kids are young, because of the "magic" of it all, the kids love it.

Once you get older, it slowly goes away and you wake up, then it starts again when you become a parent yourself and want to see your kids happy and it keeps going.  Its something that has been programmed into us for a very long time and its become a "tradition".

Expecting another..."you are not edgy" post.

Why did you put "Christmas", "happy" and "tradition" in quotation marks? I am as old as you by the way, and while I don't think Christmas is that special I still enjoy the time I get to spend with my relatives since they get time off work. Going into a thread full of young teenagers like this and telling them why you dislike Christmas is like going to a kindergarten and telling people that Santa isn't real. Don't ruin the fun for other people just because you don't like it. It is yet again a very egoistic thing to do.

Do you think the same way about birthdays and other things we celebrate? That it's just ways for shops to force people to give them their hard earned money?

more stuff

And yes I think the same way about birthdays and other holidays etc.  Birthdays meh...it has a meaning (your birth day) but its not as big as a deal as people make it.

All I expressed was a fact that Christmas as it USED to be celebrated is a lie (the jesus part that is)

Church leaders decided that they needed a Christian celebration to compete with the solstice celebrations of nonbelievers. They settled on December 25th and celebrated the first Feast of the Nativity in Rome in 336 AD. This directly challenged the preexisting celebration of the birth of the Cult of Mithras's infant god of light! 

Nevertheless, taking a closer look at the Bible's text, we realize that Luke 2:8's "shepherds keeping watch over their flock by night" can mean only one thing - Jesus' birth had to have occurred in the spring! This is because shepherds would only watch their flocks both day and night during the lambing season. 

and Christmas certainly has a meaning today (the buy loads of crap meaning) and my opinions on the entire ordeal.

Same goes with valentines day, mothers day, fathers day and all that rubbish those are corporate made holidays designed to make you spend.

I'm free to my own opinions you know, you seem to have a real issue with it for some reason.

god damn it i want a PONY !!!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Your post didn't really specify any downside of Christmas either, so no I am still not pleased with your wording.

... has become an excuse for parents to buy something for their kids...

Umm...kay?

We dont even celebrate christmas

you poor soul

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

He's egocentric and immature for not enjoying being given gifts? That's a bit of a cop.

Next your going to tell me I'm self centred for not celebrating birthdays and Christmas! :-P

Op, I find it hilarious when children complain about their parents not buying them exactly what they want. The first computer I got that could game I built myself, working a casual jobs after school and mowing lawns when I was between 12-15. Ended up buying a laptop which I later regretted but it was powerful enough to play games, until then I used whatever I could get, I got multiple old computers, ex school machines, I used to play the original far cry at 7 fps on everything on low, and I enjoyed it. Also if you celebrate Christmas you had better be getting presents for others in your family too. If you aren't then you've no right to request particular items, or complain when you don't get it.

Tl:dr 100 bucks is more than enough for Christmas, if you only care about the physical items then maybe they should be spending even less.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Next your going to tell me I'm self centred for not celebrating birthdays and Christmas! :-P

tumblr_m9g0qpUIYD1rqfhi2o1_500.gif