Apple Factory in India

ZackCodesAI

With our new Prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi, a lot of efforts were done to increase foreign investments, which eventually led to Apple and Foxconn to open a Manufacturing plant in India, which currently is being said to be est. in Bengaluru(Bangalore), Karnataka. Which is a obvious enough move as it's the Silicon City of India.

Articles confirming - 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysomaney/2017/02/02/apples-manufacturing-plant-in-india-is-a-go/&refURL=https://www.google.co.in/&referrer=https://www.google.co.in/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/its-official-apple-will-make-iphones-in-india-at-bengaluru-facility/articleshow/56944302.cms

With this, what I think is that prices of Apple products not only in India, but (highly unlikely) everywhere would decrease because India has really cheap labor and at great quality, you'd have to admit that Indians are great are tech. They might also get really cheap manufacturing here. 

And they'd be having partnership with Central and State government which would also help them a lot.

What's your thoughts on this?

Maybe they step up the game against Samsung with this?

-- BSOD : ( --

Just now, Himommies said:

The first think I think of when you say India and Tech are those tech support scammers

Like?

Just now, Zackbare said:

Like?

soudcloud.com

Pls don't ban me

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I seriously don't know anything about that, I'd love to know.

If you're not allowed to speak about that here, then maybe DM me.

12 minutes ago, Himommies said:

The first think I think of when you say India and Tech are those tech support scammers

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. That and call centers.

41 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

With this, what I think is that prices of Apple products not only in India, but (highly unlikely) everywhere would decrease

I personally don't think they'll drop prices on anything, but rather the margin for profit would increase.

15 minutes ago, Vindyctive said:

I personally don't think they'll drop prices on anything, but rather the margin for profit would increase.

Actually even I thought that, but still hoped for the best..

i dont see this going well at all . india has two products telephone scammer and pc scammers

i cant wait for this ,included with the phones is a required fee to be paid by moneygram for your phone to be unboxed , then another fee sent by western union to a support member to unlock your phone so you can play candy crush or make a call .:P

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

5 hours ago, Zackbare said:

With this, what I think is that prices of Apple products not only in India, but (highly unlikely) everywhere would decrease because India has really cheap labor and at great quality, you'd have to admit that Indians are great are tech. They might also get really cheap manufacturing here. 

And they'd be having partnership with Central and State government which would also help them a lot.

What's your thoughts on this?

Maybe they step up the game against Samsung with this?

Manufacturing is not the same as R&D. Apple will take anything they can save on manufacturing costs and give it back to their shareholders not their customers. Skilled and educated Indians might get management positions but the top jobs will be given to Americans.

The only good thing i see coming out of this is a boost to the local economy with rent, food, and recreational businesses providing for the workers. Maybe working conditions will improve but unlikely considering Foxcon has suicide nets around their factories.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 hours ago, cj09beira said:

just in geographical perspective is a great place to make a plant, with easy access to europe, Africa and asia

they do have a pirate problem. Real pirates, the ones with boats and guns. Theyve been trying to get NZ to send a frigate to patrol their coast as part of trade negotiations for years but I dont know if that has happened yet considering NZ went over budget on their last boats

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 hours ago, Zackbare said:

I seriously don't know anything about that, I'd love to know.

If you're not allowed to speak about that here, then maybe DM me.

look on youtube for some videos mocking scamers

Barnacules has a good video explaining and mocking a scamer

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

they do have a pirate problem. Real pirates, the ones with boats and guns. Theyve been trying to get NZ to send a frigate to patrol their coast as part of trade negotiations for years but I dont know if that has happened yet considering NZ went over budget on their last boats

No, Indian Navy is good at that, I can guarantee you at least that, our govt. provides merchant navy to container ships and all, and mind you India is the fourth most powerful country, there gotta be something to it..

9 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

No, Indian Navy is good at that, I can guarantee you at least that, our govt. provides merchant navy to container ships and all, and mind you India is the fourth most powerful country, there gotta be something to it..

its a big coast line and they need as many boats as they can get. they need international help because the whole trade route needs patrolling. They're not doing a good job of proving a business case to get a NZ frigate when the cost of that frigate would need to come out of the taxes from trading, which doesn't really make it a free trade agreement.

heres the latest news i could find, i dont think we have yet sent a vessel over to india. Looks like they are just building up the same kind of defense relationship we have with every other country

http://www.newshub.co.nz/business/nz-india-deal-not-just-free-trade--also-defence-2011062918

but in an older article that i cant find i remember the PM rejecting a request for a frigate.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

its a big coast line and they need as many boats as they can get. they need international help because the whole trade route needs patrolling. They're not doing a good job of proving a business case to get a NZ frigate when the cost of that frigate would need to come out of the taxes from trading, which doesn't really make it a free trade agreement

I don't know about NZ, but I've never heard of piracy at Indian coast or Indian ocean. It's a rare phenomena here, if it were happening go knows how much amount of oil, iron and steel were to be lost in that. 

Just now, Zackbare said:

I don't know about NZ, but I've never heard of piracy at Indian coast or Indian ocean. It's a rare phenomena here, if it were happening go knows how much amount of oil, iron and steel were to be lost in that. 

no its the whole trade route, mostly somalia i guess, maybe some other african countries. I bet India's neighbours dont have very interesting navies or security

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

no its the whole trade route, mostly somalia i guess, maybe some other african countries. I bet India's neighbours dont have very interesting navies or security

Even I can bet that, except Pakistan, coz they keep security to save themselves from "Indian terrorists" thus saving themselves from piracy.