I think we have a weight problem

MadyTehWolfie
5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

May I ask what you look like? I'm genuinely curious and since you were so willing to go through the effort to find a thread from 2 years ago to post pictures of someone else it shouldn't be too difficult for you to post some of yourself.

I'm going to go with 'I look incredibly boring'.

Though, before we get into this.  Let's be clear not so much being critical of the OPs appearance, as much as I am saying that if the OP is going to decry most of their classmates as being 'slapped with the ugly stick' then they themselves should conform to some culturally normative standards of beauty.

fb.jpg

I personally can't exercise as much as I wish I could due to some heart irregularities so diet is what keeps me in check. Eating foods with things like cider vinegar help with breaking down fats and increasing my sense of being full. But otherwise yeah eating in a controlled and smart way is a good method of keeping yourself in check. In my school I've seen quite a few people go from reasonably good looking to woah what happened to you due to eating improperly. 

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

What the fuck even is this thread. 

I'd take being ugly and overweight over being a fucking stuck up cunt any day of the week. 

3 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

You’d be surprised to find that there are many people who appreciate good health and appearance who aren’t dumb as sacks of bricks. Learn a little.

If all you see in OP's posts is "appreciation of good health and appearance", they may be dumber than they think.

Just now, Nicholatian said:

It’s not an either/or proposition, honestly. You can have neither if you really wanted to. Try looking for someone sensible, maybe?

What the fuck are you on about mate 

I'm talking about OP complaining about the majority of their school being ugly, and that then being a bad thing. I simply said I'd rather have that, than the majority being stuck up cunts (OP)

10 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Though, before we get into this.  Let's be clear not so much being critical of the OPs appearance, as much as I am saying that if the OP is going to decry most of their classmates as being 'slapped with the ugly stick' then they themselves should conform to some culturally normative standards of beauty.

Props to you for showing who you are, not many people would do that as it's much easier to just hide behind the keyboard xD

In regards to your point however which culture's "normative standards of beauty" should we, or more specifically the OP, follow? Maybe they're a part of a different culture that places emphasis on different physical traits than others would "normally" consider to be attractive.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

In regards to your point however which culture's "normative standards of beauty" should we, or more specifically the OP, follow? Maybe they're a part of a different culture that places emphasis on different physical traits than others would "normally" consider to be attractive.

In this thread where an American is whining about 'Fat Ugly People', what ODDS do you want to give the chances that they're viewing this from a radically different cultural perspective?  Like, in all seriousness, it's one thing to provide a contrarian point of view, but how likely do you think it is that that's how this is?

Well I guess if you're overweight you could train or eat a bit healthier, but there's not much to be done if you're 'ugly', and to be honest nobody is ugly, there are simply different people with different tastes and everything... Basically what I'm trying to say is you should not judge people so harshly for their appearance!

46 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

In this thread where an American is whining about 'Fat Ugly People', what ODDS do you want to give the chances that they're viewing this from a radically different cultural perspective?  Like, in all seriousness, it's one thing to provide a contrarian point of view, but how likely do you think it is that that's how this is?

Well considering that we're talking about the USA which is considered the "melting pot" due to it being one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world I'd have to say that the odds are pretty high actually...It's not like we're talking about China or Japan here after all...

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Well considering that we're talking about the USA which is considered the "melting pot" due to it being one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world I'd have to say that the odds are pretty high actually...It's not like we're talking about China or Japan here after all...

I would beg to disagree - while America likes to think of itself as the cultural melting pot, mainstream ideas of beauty are pretty uniform across the country.

I would say that there are bigger differences between generations (Eg: The "Millennial" generation vs "Gen-X" vs Baby Boomers, etc) in America rather than actual sub-cultures.

Also remember that with American sub-cultures, mostly that's more to do with Fashion, rather than inherent physical attractiveness.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would beg to disagree - while America likes to think of itself as the cultural melting pot, mainstream ideas of beauty are pretty uniform across the country.

I would say that there are bigger differences between generations (Eg: The "Millennial" generation vs "Gen-X" vs Baby Boomers, etc) in America rather than actual sub-cultures.

Also remember that with American sub-cultures, mostly that's more to do with Fashion, rather than inherent physical attractiveness.

What countries are more culturally diverse than the US? So you're saying that people of African heritage and people of Asian heritage that live in the US have the same ideas of beauty?

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I find it pretty ironic that the OP is criticizing people on their appearances when this is what the OP looks like.  I'm not even trolling, the OP posted these to this very forum.

post-267198-0-56045100-1449614883.thumb.jpg.263436e6f7c5c45c953632ee126d78ef.jpg

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

So we are going to cherry pick pictures huh? Wonder how good looking you are. Maybe you should post a picture of yourself to see if your not contradicting yourself. You won't because your probably ugly as sin.  Next time don't try and personally attack others won't go well for you if you can't back it up little man.

pics 609~2.JPG

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

fb.jpg

Lol You shouldn't throw stones either you look straight up like a dude in a wig. Least I don't pretend to be a girl. Just saying.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Lol You shouldn't throw stones either you look straight up like a dude in a wig. Least I don't pretend to be a girl. Just saying.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm making this into some kind of competition or that I would participate in any such competition.  You are incorrect.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

You seem to be under the impression that I'm making this into some kind of competition or that I would participate in any such competition.  You are incorrect.

No I got the impression you were calling me ugly when I'm at least a 5-6 either male or female while you look like you just put a wig on and said my name isn't Scott anymore it's Sarah. I don't have completions with people to see who the next tranny of America is. Either way your about a 2 as a girl and around a 5 as a guy. Those who are average in looks don't throw stones in glass houses when talking about seriously ugly people. Way you put it made me sound like I was some inbred looking person as my whole thread was about people who are say 1/10 or 2/10 ND why there was so many at my school.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Or maybe you have a perception problem and your expectations are far too high.

Nah all my expectations is don't be fat and don't have a face that looks like the hunchback from the movie 300.

3 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Or you know, just don't eat so damn much and stop eating fast food every day.

It's not about eating a lot, it's about eating the right things at the right times. Unless you're starving yourself, sometimes eating less causes more weight gain.

19 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Well I finally came out and told my friends and family that I'm a transgender.

This seems like a really unusual insult for a transgendered person to throw at somebody. 

inb4 this thread gets locked

Just now, Scionyde said:

This seems like a really unusual insult for a transgendered person to throw at somebody. 

inb4 this thread gets locked

True though that was over 2 years ago a lot happened since then. And the hard truths of reality come crashing down upon you.

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

It's not about eating a lot, it's about eating the right things at the right times. Unless you're starving yourself, sometimes eating less causes more weight gain.

Of course.

I'm more so talking about people new to the "diet". If they start out just gradually eating less and end up eating more normally, everything else will come easier.

Dont know why I expected a rational discussion

Shit, someone pass the popcorn. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Dont know why I expected a rational discussion

Shit, someone pass the popcorn. 

Because we can't have nice things and like to make things personal with other forum users for no good reason. 

42 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Nah all my expectations is don't be fat and don't have a face that looks like the hunchback from the movie 300.

Those are actually high expectations: the vast majority of the population is either fat, ugly or both. Attractive people are rare.

-------

Current Rig

-------

19 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Those are actually high expectations: the vast majority of the population is either fat, ugly or both. Attractive people are rare.

Nah I see a lot of attractive people around just not at my school. I'm not fat and my face definitely doesn't look bad and I don't think a majority of people have bad looking faces. Pretty much just asking why there is so many fat people it's rediculous when 60-70% of my class are severely over weight. Wish there was a magic pill or something for these people. Other than the asthetics of being fat it comes at the risk of your overall health. It's even worse when I see a kid no more then 6 already obese, just so much sad. My mom said if I was ever that big she'd hide all the cookies and control what I ate till I got my weight in check and honestly I can't blame her.