Windows 10 Creators Update – Here is everything you need to know - Out now

GoodBytes
53 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yup. Also, if you really can't wait for joining in the insider ring (may take up to 24h), the ISO (Insider Preview) file is already out. But be aware that if you go in the Insider Preview, you'll need to clean install to get out.

ISO Insider Preview - Build 15063: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced?tduid=(b5dffe3a8c7f2c4aaf5d2bef8450ac4d)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU47396)()

Cheers, will get it installed later.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 28/03/2017 at 5:55 PM, GoodBytes said:

Under the Process tab, they are in the last group at the end. Details tab, nope. You can sort by name (default), and skip/ignore them yourself.

Chrome alone triggers me the F up. Like wtf is that, can you at least group them up lol

PS: I only have 13 tabs.

bfiti4I.png

56 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Chrome alone triggers me the F up. Like wtf is that, can you at least group them up lol

PS: I only have 13 tabs.

Oh they can regroup them. You do that by making threads instead of process. But now, if 1 thread crashes, the whole program crashes.

And the role of the Task Manager is to show you all processes running on your system at all levels. If you want some sort of expandable item where you have 1 process name, you expand it, and see all its processes, that would be the role of the Task manager to present the information differently. But then, it might be confusing... as it might suggest that these sub items of a process are threads, and not processes with the same name...

Some news: Microsoft said that you will be able to get it April 3rd, if you want it early, but else it will be released in waves starting April 11th.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Some news: Microsoft said that you will be able to get it April 3rd, if you want it early, but else it will be released in waves starting April 11th.

Great, need a clean install from USB, the faster the better.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 3/30/2017 at 10:56 AM, themctipers said:

im ready for windows 10 to not be compatible with my 

• mouse
  • keyboard
  • cpu
  • gpu
  • ram
  • motherboard
  • ssd
  • monitors
  • webcam
  • microphone
  • 3.5mm audio output
  • privacy

This brings back memories of Windows Vista. To be honest, Windows 10 is slowly becoming like Vista, at least in my opinion. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

This brings back memories of Windows Vista. To be honest, Windows 10 is slowly becoming like Vista, at least in my opinion. 

I haven't lived long enough to experience vista, only xp and 7 :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

I haven't lived long enough to experience vista, only xp and 7 :P 

Windows Vista was launched in 2006, Windows XP was launched in 2001. How come? 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Windows Vista was launched in 2006, Windows XP was launched in 2001. How come? 

my first computer was in 2007 I believe

and then I got a p4 extreme a few months later :P no more Sempron suffering for me, ''2500+' -> some extreme Pentium 4 for socket 478

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Except Vista was a questionably-stable ram hog.  If you threw 4+ gigs of ram at it Vista was perfectly usable, although it generally performed worse than XP, and didn't really have a lot to offer that XP didn't.  The problem was that most computers at the time were selling with only 1-2 gigs of ram, which was perfectly fine for running XP, but completely tragic on Vista.

In my experience, 10 has performed just as well as 7, if not better.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

4 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

In my experience, 10 has performed just as well as 7, if not better.

In my experience, 8.1 is more stable and manages memory better than 10. 

53 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

In my experience, 8.1 is more stable and manages memory better than 10. 

I only really used 8.1 on a couple of work computers, so I didn't really lean on it hard enough to weigh in there.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

I believe the latest Windows 10 Media Creation Tool will now give you the Windows 10 Creators Update capability and ISO too.

Get it here https://goo.gl/hbcYQM

Version of that tool got updated from 14393 to 15063. So, it should give you the latest one.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Seems nice!

although RIP f.lux :( 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

creating the boot drive right now

I'll 1st update the laptop since it's the least critical machine - will provide feedback later or tomorrow; it's already 10PM here

@GoodBytes looks like the Snip tool got an update too unless I just didn't notice this before the update. You can now take window screenshots.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

@GoodBytes looks like the Snip tool got an update too unless I just didn't notice this before the update. You can now take window screenshots.

as in it snaps to a window and only captures that? that was in windows 7, LOL

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

as in it snaps to a window and only captures that? that was in windows 7, LOL

No I mean you can literally take a screenshot of a window in your house.

updated the laptop, took about an hour+

no issues so far, but I haven't checked all, it's too late and I need to sleep

fuck this shit!

I did on my main PC, was really fast compared to Anniversary Update

but ... the Start Menu is empty

15 minutes ago, zMeul said:

oh MicroSoft .... when will you learn?! eh

tKvZGKb.png

You need an R9 390 to run this 218.png_large

6 minutes ago, Daring said:

You need an R9 390 to run this 218.png_large

had to nuke the video drives and reinstall them - that also seems to have solved the issue with the start menu

how the fuck does the start menu ties with the video drives ..... dunno; but MS surely found a way

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

had to nuke the video drives and reinstall them - that also seems to have solved the issue with the start menu

how the fuck does the start menu ties with the video drives ..... dunno; but MS surely found a way

Anything that is made using UWP is GPU rendered. Every version of Windows, since Vista, Microsoft is switching more and more things from CPU rendered to GPU rendered.