Windows 10 Creators Update – Here is everything you need to know - Out now

GoodBytes
1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

I would recommend to wait at minimum after April 11 for the official release. In the insider Fast ring side, we (Insiders), are on Build 15063.14, I think the official release is on 15063.11. More update might come to fix discovered issues in this build, and fix update process issues as they are reported.

Ya, I'm an insider too but after a few glitches I didn't want to participate anymore. I was tired of having my computer frozen.

19 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Edge support 1 plugin and only 1 plugin alone... Flash... for now.

Where have you been for the past 6 months? I've had ublock origin installed in edge for ages. Plugin support came with the AU update.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Nope, see my post. It literally says "Flash was preinstalled for edge by Windows 10" and I haven't had flash on my PC since I was running Windows 7.

The creators upate installed it, didn't tell me about it, hid it from me and has given me no way of removing it. Either that or its been there since I first switched to 10 and has just been entirely hidden from me until now which is no better.

It's integrated into edge much like the custom version of flash that comes with Chrome. It's possible they've exposed the settings with the creators update, but it's certainly always been there. It's disabled by default and auto-updates, so not much of a concern. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

14 minutes ago, Hawx said:

Where have you been for the past 6 months? I've had ublock origin installed in edge for ages. Plugin support came with the AU update.

Plugins (as in: Flash, Java, RealPlayer, Shockwave, QuickTime, custom company solutions for their crappy internal site, etc.), not extensions as in (as you mentioned: uBlock, MouseGesture, Grease Monkey, LastPass, Pocket, etc.)

The real issue for most users is Flash and Java mass number of security issues, and the fact that you have doors opens to allow people to be tricked to install malware/spyware plugins in their web browser.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Downloaded the ISO of the creator update directly from microsoft(if you use a "mobile device"(or extension to make Microsoft think you're on mobile), you can download an ISO straight from them instead of having to go through the media creation tool), will be installing it this afternoon after work... Reading the comments above make me think microsoft may have screwed up a thing or two with it.

But eh... I literally have to format my PC anyway so I may as well upgrade, because I have a few issues, like not being able to connect my phone to my PC anymore after Microsoft's failed WPD driver update last time that I was one of the lucky few who installed it.

None of the fixes work for me. It did at first, then a few days later the issue crawled back up from the depth of hell and it somehow got rid of all my good drivers, leaving me with the broken one that I had previously deleted to fix the issue...

Not even their troubleshooting tool can fix it, it knows that particular "Emerging issue 108018" is happening on my PC but cannot fix it. So f*ck it and I'll just format. Big updates usually screw up a lot of stuff anyway so might as well start fresh,

You can also download the ISO from the browser.

Go to this link --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Press F12, Press Ctrl+Shift+M to change the device agent and change it to any device listed, then refresh the page. You should be able to download the ISO directly from the browser.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know.. was supposed to be there. Did you do something to remove it before? Was is a bug and missing the Control Panel entry, that you are supposed to have to be able to manage local storage Camera/Mic, and clear video DRM licensing acquired licenses for transfer of system? Maybe...

Might install with Chrome too? I have the click to play thing in chrome as well. But isn't the flash version in Windows done by Microsoft anyways?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

28 minutes ago, Notional said:

But isn't the flash version in Windows done by Microsoft anyways?

Nope. Adobe Flash is closed source, and are not interesting in working with anyone, or open sourcing it, and cut development to minimal (critical security fixes only). Flash died the day Adobe bought Macromedia. Flash was Macromedia flagship product, Adobe saw 0 value in it. The only thing that Adobe was interested in was Firework, and the Macromedia's patents to bring thee advancements to Adobe line of software.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nope. Adobe Flash is closed source, and are not interesting in working with anyone, or open sourcing it, and cut development to minimal (critical security fixes only). Flash died the day Adobe bought Macromedia. Flash was Macromedia flagship product, Adobe saw 0 value in it. The only thing that Adobe was interested in was Firework, and the Macromedia's patents to bring thee advancements to Adobe line of software.

Why is Adobe such a shit company? xD I gave Apple crap for dropping all Flash support back in the day (primarily because it crippled a lot of webpages), but I gotta say, Apple did the right thing, and started a process that was along overdue.

That being said, why is it now so difficult to get to the old control panel in creators update? Right clicking on the windows button no longer gives the shortcut.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, Notional said:

Why is Adobe such a shit company? xD I gave Apple crap for dropping all Flash support back in the day (primarily because it crippled a lot of webpages), but I gotta say, Apple did the right thing, and started a process that was along overdue.

That being said, why is it now so difficult to get to the old control panel in creators update? Right clicking on the windows button no longer gives the shortcut.

All Flash developers (including myself) knew quickly that Flash development stop when Adobe purchased Macromedia. How? Well Flash versions started to  rushed released, finishing quickly what was in the works by Macromedia and bugs and security issues reported were ignored, and very slowly fixed. How rushed? Here is an example: Making text Bold no longer works. A workaround needed to be done to get that functionality back. Pretty bad!

Newer version of Flash had virtually no new features, got more bloated and resource heavy.  The initially talks (well, based on rumor/leaks) to open source Flash and have Macromedia make money on its IDE disappeared. I think many/most Flash developer started to focus on a new career path when they noticed the start of this mess. Users in general passed from liking Flash a lot, to hating it. Apple pulled the plug, despite the wide support. But at this point, web devs were seeking alternatives solutions. This is why you started you have the big push for HTML5 + JavaScript to take over Flash. Heck, the moment we got something working, sites already started to switch to it, even if the standard was not finalized. Now, everything Flash can do, HTML5 + JS can do. As for desktop apps (yes, it is a thing. The biggest example is Windows XP first start tutorial thing when you first login), well you have better languages already.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Now, everything Flash can do, HTML5 + JS can do.

Exactly, and I think it's for the better instead of using some proprietary technology. Hopefully, it offers more flexibility and features than flash. I certainly won't miss it. However there are still too many websites that relies on flash, and it's really annoying.

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Exactly, and I think it's for the better instead of using some proprietary technology. Hopefully, it offers more flexibility and features than flash. I certainly won't miss it. However there are still too many websites that relies on flash, and it's really annoying.

Yea, 'cause they don't want to update it. My guess, is that they don't have a full time web dev staff. They only have people for maintainable, and the web site dev was contracted by a firm ages ago. OR just have contracted firm made the website ages ago, and provide contracted support. When web browser will kill Flash plugins, all sites would have no choice to rush out to replace their player (and probably will present some new website)

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea, 'cause they don't want to update it. My guess, is that they don't have a full time web dev staff. They only have people for maintainable, and the web site dev was contracted by a firm ages ago. OR just have contracted firm made the website ages ago, and provide contracted support. When web browser will kill Flash plugins, all sites would have no choice to rush out to replace their player (and probably will present some new website)

I hope so. But right now the danish version of BBC has online streaming, both live and on demand. However, their player uses flash (and is utter useless). I honestly don't think they will release an html5 player in time.

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

HOLY FREAKING SHIT MICROSOFT, IF I FIND OUT YOU'VE INSTALLED FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY PC WITHOUT TELLING ME I WILL DROP YOUR DOGSHIT OS AND MOVE TO LINUX FULL TIME SO HELP ME FUCKING GOD!!!!!

~snip~

Calm down. That's not Adobe Flash Player. That's the pepperflash plugin by Google and Adobe, the same one chrome uses. The control panel entry is there to allow configuration. The reason you can't uninstall or disable it is because it's not installed. It's just a part of edge. It doesn't have a standalone player or a Netscape plugin, can't ever run outside of edge and is run in its own process sandbox to keep it from breaking other shit if it crashes or is compromised.

4 hours ago, Hawx said:

It's integrated into edge much like the custom version of flash that comes with Chrome. It's possible they've exposed the settings with the creators update, but it's certainly always been there. It's disabled by default and auto-updates, so not much of a concern. 

This. It's not just like the chrome version, it is the chrome version using the pepper API, just with a wrapper for edge.

2 hours ago, Notional said:

Exactly, and I think [HTML5+JS is] for the better instead of using some proprietary technology. Hopefully, it offers more flexibility and features than flash. I certainly won't miss it.

Very much so. HTML5, WebGL, and the JavaScript APIs hit feature parity with Flash a while back, but it's also expendable so new JavaScript hardware APIs can be added fairly easily in the future.

The bigger thing though is webassembly. Webassembly is a precompiled intermediary for JavaScript that's going to give webapps performance that's *VERY* similar to native apps. That combined with WebGL allows for webapps to do pretty much anything you'd use a normal desktop app for, but would also be OS/Architecture independent.

And while WebGL is based on OpenGL ES and only exposes features that the mobile OpenGL has, the upcoming successor to WebGL is planned to map to low level APIs like Metal, DX12, and Vulkan. This means in a year or two when it hits, webapps will be able to take advantage of full desktop grade rendering and there's the possibility for some wicked web games that can give you a PC grade gaming experience from a browser regardless of your OS.

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

See my post above yours and be warned, the creators update will install flash player on to your PC without telling you and not even list it as an installed app.

I don't actually mind Flash player. I just set my browser to ask me whenever it wants to playback a flash media. Too many websites still rely on flash player unfortunately.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Hmm, installed on my laptop without any issues. Really happy the Settings panel is more useful with more settings to mess with (Though RIP control panel).

Sadly I changed my PC to Windows Server 2016 so I can't play with the new Edge as much (Edge is shaping out to be pretty good to me).

Actually I opened IE on my laptop with the update...there's a new tab button...but to open a new tab in edge. lol

Capture.PNG.587e7aa32746aa04b3d719825b8bdc0c.PNG

Edited by scottyseng

Is it better to do a clean install or just update from anniversary edition?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

28 minutes ago, TheGosuStandard said:

Is it better to do a clean install or just update from anniversary edition?

Clean installs are always better, but they're also more annoying (usually). So I would personally just update and if you find anything not as it should, then do a fresh install. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 2017. 04. 06. at 1:19 PM, yian88 said:

Calm down you are coming back to windows anyway after your drivers wont work on linux.

FYI i cant even install any linux because the idiotic linux susbsytem cant detect my monitor during installation, from DVI to VGA and it sets 85hz 1280x1024 on a 1360x768 60hz screen its so stupid its not even worth my time.

5 sec google:

http://www.itechlounge.net/2016/10/linux-change-installation-and-boot-video-resolution-on-centos-rhel-7/

(Its for centos but this method will work in most cases.)

See? Its just a matter of determination. If you want to use it and you can use google properly its not that hard. But you choose to run away when the first small problem presented itself...9_9

Does anyone have any idea when exactly ISO files will be available? I want to do clean installs on both my main PC and my work laptop as both are pretty much still "upgraded" Windows 7s ^_^

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Does anyone have any idea when exactly ISO files will be available? I want to do clean installs on both my main PC and my work laptop as both are pretty much still "upgraded" Windows 7s ^_^

Probably after April 11th

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Isn't it already out? I've downloaded it from MS site: https://www.microsoft.com/lt-lt/software-download/windows10 . As far as I understand it's a legit copy as well (not beta or something)

And this is the window of insider program sing up, which translates to that I'm not an insider preview tester.
075f8b8248ec4c1a8e897698e550f2be.png

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Just now, JuztBe said:

Isn't it already out? I've downloaded it from MS site: https://www.microsoft.com/lt-lt/software-download/windows10 . As far as I understand it's a legit copy as well (not beta or something)

And this is the window of insider program sing up, which translates to that I'm not an insider preview tester.
075f8b8248ec4c1a8e897698e550f2be.png

So it's just a clean, complete W10 iso that includes the Creator's Update? Cause that's what I'm looking for :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

So it's just a clean, complete W10 iso that includes the Creator's Update? Cause that's what I'm looking for :)

Seems so, unless I'm missing something obvious, but from what I've gathered it looks like the build they'll be pushing at April 11th

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

2 hours ago, JuztBe said:

Seems so, unless I'm missing something obvious, but from what I've gathered it looks like the build they'll be pushing at April 11th

It's the Creators update. I upgraded my PC with the Windows Media Creation tool and it's running the creators update with game mode, the new settings, themes, and the privacy pop up when I signed in for the first time. It's all there. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

my friend did a clean install from a USB drive made from the windows media creation tool and it had the cortana stuff during install so I think he is already on the creators update.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc