PSU: NZXT HALE90 850W (fully modular)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
SSD: 240gb PNY CS1311
CASE: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Keyboard: Azio Prism
Mouse: Logitech g302
Headset: Logitech G930
Monitors: One HP 2150m 21.5" 1920x1080, Two Samsung SyncMaster 920nw 1440x900 

Computer also has an RGB LED lighting system.

I am located in the US

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

if you sell everything together a good $1500

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

I priced out the pc on pcpartpicker (everything but peripherals and monitor) and brand new everything is $1500. Do you think I will have a problem selling this thing around $1000?

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Just now, Hero7750 said:

Put everything in Pcpartspicker.com and then reduce the amount to 10-15%

-- BSOD : ( --

Just now, Hero7750 said:

I priced out the pc on pcpartpicker (everything but peripherals and monitor) and brand new everything is $1500. Do you think I will have a problem selling this thing around $1000?

nope, also did you include the periferals and so on? thats why i said 1500

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I doubt it, in my area (Chicago) systems with 6700ks and Gtx 970s only go for about 1200-1500 on Craigslist. I would guess you could get 1000$ tops. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, Hero7750 said:

Nope, just grab a dumbo to sell to. :P

-- BSOD : ( --

Just now, bgibbz said:

I doubt it, in my area (Chicago) systems with 6700ks and Gtx 970s only go for about 1200-1500 on Craigslist. I would guess you could get 1000$ tops. 

true, didnt look verry closely but this has tripple screens and so on, therefor the pricetag i put

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, bgibbz said:

I am aiming for $1000 so thats perfect 

My Main PC:

you can sell your pc for 600 to 700 usd, or try 800 usd for a slower sale. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

you can sell your pc for 600 to 700 usd, or try 800 usd for a slower sale. 

ive sold a pc with an fx 8350 and r9 290 for 800 so

My Main PC:

Just now, Hero7750 said:

yes, some guy got ripped off, your point? 

yes, some guy got ripped off, your point? 

no my point is your estimate is completely wrong

My Main PC:

4 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

no my point is your estimate is completely wrong

or youre are overestimating crappy pc hardware, FX CPUs is worth nothing.

Just now, bgibbz said:

my pc also comes with 3 monitors, and a corsair obsidian 900d ($350 new)

My Main PC:

or youre are overestimating crappy pc hardware, FX CPUs is worth nothing.

I sold that pc months ago, i know they're worth nothing, hence why i got rid of it

My Main PC:

Just now, Hero7750 said:

I sold that pc months ago, i know they're worth nothing, hence why i got rid of it

you ripped someone off

you ripped someone off

Let me rephrase, I sold the PC back in September. It was a nice computer, 12gb of ram and actually had a 390x instead of a 290 (i build and sell a lot of pc's, it gets confusing), it also came with 2 24'' 1080p monitors, keyboard, and mouse as well as the 8350. I think 800 was a great price for that pc

My Main PC:

16 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

Let me rephrase, I sold the PC back in September. It was a nice computer, 12gb of ram and actually had a 390x instead of a 290 (i build and sell a lot of pc's, it gets confusing), it also came with 2 24'' 1080p monitors, keyboard, and mouse as well as the 8350. I think 800 was a great price for that pc

that makes more sense, still you ripped off some poor kid. 

1 minute ago, Hero7750 said:

right so you sold some kid an unbalanced bottlenecked system, some mismatched ram, some cheap mouse/kb, and two cheap monitors..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($127.96 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($40.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Patriot 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: AMD R5 Entertainment 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($44.70 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($256.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: AOC E2425SWD 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($99.98 @ Jet) 
Monitor: AOC E2425SWD 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($99.98 @ Jet) 
Total: $810.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-21 18:08 EDT-0400

and that's everything new.. maybe $40 difference if you had a 120GB SSD 

idk

This is a huge problem on this forum, and for some reason people always feel they need to chime in with what they think it's worth when really it's irrelevant and the only way to find out is to put in the work yourself.

1. Go on your local classifieds (Craigslist, Kijiji, WHY)
  2. Compare the prices of computers with similar spec
  3. Price either slightly higher if you offer more, or slightly lower if you want a quick sale
  4. Profit

That's the only way you can do it. Computers are worth vastly different amounts depending on where you live and what's currently available on your local used market. If you're the only person selling a computer of that grade, then guess what, you can price a whole hell of a lot higher than a place where there's 8 or 9 other people trying to sell high end gaming computers.

So, put in the work and reap the rewards.

5 hours ago, Hero7750 said:

Then why are you asking?

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that makes more sense, still you ripped off some poor kid. 

I wouldn't say the kid was ripped off, simply failed to do the appropriate research and thus overpaid for what they got.

As if you wouldn't be stoked you made a decent return on what you sold.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

I wouldn't say the kid was ripped off, simply failed to do the appropriate research and thus overpaid for what they got.

As if you wouldn't be stoked you made a decent return on what you sold.

yes and no, ripping people off is not funny or should be encouraged. when i was around 12- 18 i used to hunt for used pc parts, people overpricing was a problem. its sad to see people ripping kids off just because they feel like it. just because you can rip people off that's not the reason to do it, its a dick move. most people buying used computer parts don't have mountains of money to spend on useless overpriced parts.

The whole build seems mismatched I would say it matters on how long you have been using it. Remember that part of the new price is the waranty, I would take the PC part picker list and subtract 35-40%

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes and no, ripping people off is not funny or should be encouraged. when i was around 12- 18 i used to hunt for used pc parts, people overpricing was a problem. its sad to see people ripping kids off just because they feel like it. just because you can rip people off that's not the reason to do it, its a dick move. most people buying used computer parts don't have mountains of money to spend on useless overpriced parts.

Getting ripped off is 100% the fault of the purchaser. I have bought and sold stuff used all my life, and avoiding getting ripped off is a simple matter of due dilligence. If I'm in the market to buy a used 970 and someone offers to sell it to me for $250, I can either accept it, and get ripped off, or I can simply look on google and see that there are tons of other 970s being sold for more like $150. If people can't do the most basic levels of due dillegence on a used transaction, then is their fault for buying mispriced goods. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

5 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Getting ripped off is 100% the fault of the purchaser. I have bought and sold stuff used all my life, and avoiding getting ripped off is a simple matter of due dilligence. If I'm in the market to buy a used 970 and someone offers to sell it to me for $250, I can either accept it, and get ripped off, or I can simply look on google and see that there are tons of other 970s being sold for more like $150. If people can't do the most basic levels of due dillegence on a used transaction, then is their fault for buying mispriced goods. 

not gonna argue but moral high ground, its the fault of the old people for giving scammers money. there is a basic form of integrity people have to be trustworthy as an individual.