Ryzen 1700 'Low Price' Scam on Amazon

So I was shopping for Ryzen Processors as I'm upgrading to the platform from my AM3 Fx 8320 Platform. I usually shop on amazon since I have Prime Membership and Usually get that 2 day shipping bonus. (since Amazon has a catalog for almost everything and I also get Student benefits) However I caught myself a scam that's going on around the Ryzen 1700. I bought the cpu on amazon because of the price, I was thinking "$300 + 5 dollar shipping?? That's a deal there" Well and behold I got scammed. No tracking number since March 15th and the seller has a lot of horrid reviews now since my purchase. I've already contacted amazon and by around Tuesday/Wednesday I'll receive my money back and I'll be on my merry way to building the ryzen system =D. Until then, I'm here to give a warning to those wanting to buy a Ryzen 1700 cpu from amazon. I went ahead and bought the CPU from Newegg and it'll be here at my Home Wednesday along with the motherboard.

I've also made a video talking about this, although I'm not the best speaker. I'm just giving a PSA so that other won't fall for the same trap as me.

Spoiler

Also mods, I hope I posted this in the right area, if not please send this thread to the right area.

I despise people who do that.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just now, Marhfg said:

See there are also third party sellers on Amazon, which scams, not amazon themselves, you have to keep an eye on then and check their ratings before buying from them. It's not totally amazon's fault, their are a lot of sellers.

-- BSOD : ( --

Clearly you should have your credit card confiscated by your parents until you learn how to safely shop online...

It's not hard to avoid scams like these, just use your brain a little.

You're lucky they will give your money back for your mistake.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Always check buyer reviews. If there are none for such well known products, something is fishy. Also you bought from an Amazon seller, not Amazon itself. However, making the purchase on Amazon means you're protected. 

Mind telling us from which seller did you buy from.?

The persons store is gone however their username was joyfulisa, and at the time before I bought the Cpu, they had one positive review. Which that review was around 2009. Also yeah, I'm not too worried about this since I'm told by amazon that they'll refund me on Tuesday. I didn't see any negative reviews from the person until 2 days after I purchased from them.

6 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

See there are also third party sellers on Amazon, which scams, not amazon themselves, you have to keep an eye on then and check their ratings before buying from them. It's not totally amazon's fault, their are a lot of sellers.

Yeah, I never really had a problem with amazon or third party's since being a member since 2015. So i am at fault for being negligent on fully reviewing the person.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Clearly you should have your credit card confiscated by your parents until you learn how to safely shop online...

It's not hard to avoid scams like these, just use your brain a little.

You're lucky they will give your money back for your mistake.

What credit card?
I used my money that I worked for. So actually I used my Debt card.

So I had one mistake with money. So I should have my Card confiscated from me?
My credit Score is in the Good to Very Good Range. I financed a car that's under My name, and I'm currently 2 months of payments Ahead.

Please. Don't tell me how to manage my money. If I made a mistake Oh well.

Dang that sucks.

Yeah, with hard drives, you have to be careful with the third party sellers. Some are selling refurbished hard drives or OEM drives (seller warranty only either) as new on amazon.

6 minutes ago, Marhfg said:

What credit card?
I used my money that I worked for. So actually I used my Debt card.

So I had one mistake with money. So I should have my Card confiscated from me?
My credit Score is in the Good to Very Good Range. I financed a car that's under My name, and I'm currently 2 months of payments Ahead.

Please. Don't tell me how to manage my money. If I made a mistake Oh well.

Ok, if you want to waste your money on scams and obviously fake products then go ahead, I'm not stopping you (although maybe your parents should have? :P)

Credit card, debit card, potato card, you know what I meant. It's not like the difference matters anyway, it's just a form of payment.

I don't see how your car financing is relevant at all to you falling for a scam. Maybe you should also tell us your favourite colour to back up your decisions!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Some listings off of Ebay are low price, but they aren't scams. 

IMO, just check on the Seller. I'd be careful about sellers that are Just Launched or lack reviews. 

Just now, Enderman said:

Ok, if you want to waste your money on scams and obviously fake products then go ahead, I'm not stopping you (although maybe your parents should have? :P)

Credit card, debit card, potato card, you know what I meant. It's not like the difference matters anyway, it's just a form of payment.

I don't see how your car financing is relevant at all to you falling for a scam. Maybe you should also tell us your favourite colour to back up your decisions!

let's not make each other an issue. Obviously your sarcasm on the first post ticked me wrong, So honestly apologies on my end for throwing some shade at you. Lets not get at each others throats for some shitty reason lol.

So yeah, i'm an emotional wreck right now so i'm kinda venting my frustrations (which isn't good.) and it's a personal reason as well. 

2 minutes ago, Marhfg said:

let's not make each other an issue. Obviously your sarcasm on the first post ticked me wrong, So honestly apologies on my end for throwing some shade at you. Lets not get at each others throats for some shitty reason lol.

So yeah, i'm an emotional wreck right now so i'm kinda venting my frustrations (which isn't good.) and it's a personal reason as well. 

Everything I post on this forum is a joke, just like life, don't take it so seriously ;)

We all learn lessons by making mistakes.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Everything I post on this forum is a joke, just like life, don't take it so seriously ;)

We all learn lessons by making mistakes.

Thank you lel, I usually live life to the fullest I can everyday.