Are the ads in the forum new?

yathis
27 minutes ago, yathis said:

He is making profit, trust me.

And why does that concern you? Are you against someone trying to put food on the table? Metro Vancouver is not cheap to live in.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

And why does that concern you? Are you against someone trying to put food on the table? Metro Vancouver is not cheap to live in.

Also Surrey where LMG is is kinda a shady place of Vancouver so you need some extra protection too lol

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Also Surrey where LMG is is kinda a shady place of Vancouver so you need some extra protection too lol

that's *actually* what they hired berkel for ;)

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

A student was gunned down a few years ago in the parking lot of one of the campuses I go to every week. It's pretty sketch. Especially with the non-stop gang violence in the area.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Just now, manikyath said:

Nah Dennis can handle it

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Nah Dennis can handle it

Especially with his axe throwing skills.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Nah Dennis can handle it

most perfect cover ever: dennis actually isnt even asian, he's the leader of the albanian mafia that came to LMG to protect them from the local gangs.

Just now, manikyath said:

most perfect cover ever: dennis actually isnt even asian, he's the leader of the albanian mafia that came to LMG to protect them from the local gangs.

@Tech_Dreamer do this 

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Oh, I thought he was part of a Hong Kong triad.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

32 minutes ago, Gale said:

Oh, I thought he was part of a Hong Kong triad.

I thought he was Taiwanese?

1 hour ago, yathis said:

That's part of running a successful business. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Oh, you mean that little ad that's like a 250x250 pixel square on the right corner of the website that I can scroll down and ignore very easily when I'm browsing a forum thread? I wasn't aware that was in my face. I should really get my eyes checked or something so I can enjoy the full in-my-face experience. I hear that's a delicacy around the internet these days.

Or maybe I could invest in an OLED monitor so I can burn in the image of the ad to see it on my screen wherever I go. :o

On a serious note, I'm really not understanding what you're complaining about. It's small, doesn't obstruct much of anything, and you can scroll down to ignore it, especially if you're reading a thread or looking for one of the sections nearer the bottom of the page. Why is this a big deal at all?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 hour ago, TechQuest said:

It can interrupt you, especially when you are typing your forum. In the same time , Google can make money. The way to stop those ads, use AdBlock.

Click in the link below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

It's only a matter of time AdBlock is treated the same way as piracy if you look at the big picture.

Its 1-3 ads. None of them is obstructive in any way (except little on mobile). If you go to ANY online retailers site, you will be blown out by massive ad attack. Same goes with Reddit for example.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's only a matter of time AdBlock is treated the same way as piracy if you look at the big picture.

Surprise people still use AdBlock.  There are better alternatives than that plug-in.

I pretty much don't see ads since I don't install Flash, and use a plug-in to kill scripts that I don't allow to run.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 hours ago, yathis said:

I never noticed it b4.

Its 'in your face' and you can not really ignore it. Must be good profit in that.

Sure, my eyes are blown off by the SSD ad...

300x250 pixels? That's so huge... Do you use a 800x600 monitor?

Because I didn't even notice it...

12 hours ago, manikyath said:

And suddenly Nicky V makes sense. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 hours ago, Factory OC said:

Sure, my eyes are blown off by the SSD ad...

300x250 pixels? That's so huge... Do you use a 800x600 monitor?

Because I didn't even notice it...

With smaller screen forum would revert to using low res version. And with that all ads are under almost everything else. So they would be even more out line of sight.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

With smaller screen forum would revert to using low res version. And with that all ads are under almost everything else. So they would be even more out line of sight.

Thanks for the clearing that up then. Still, I have not noticed them.

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

i actually dont think i've ever seen the ad on anything below 1280 pixel width :P

6 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Surprise people still use AdBlock.  There are better alternatives than that plug-in.

I pretty much don't see ads since I don't install Flash, and use a plug-in to kill scripts that I don't allow to run.

I'm not a huge fan of what I've heard about ABP's antics, but I just kinda like it more than, say uBlock Origin. It just seems less intrusive, easier to use. Not sure how else to put it. I do have it disabled on this forum though, I barely notice the ads, they're totally out of my way and I want to support LMG.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

17 hours ago, yathis said:

not on the ads. But he is

17 hours ago, manikyath said:

the forum is a money sink, trust me.

that one ad, doesnt even come close to what it costs to keep this stuff spinning.

Add up all of the contributors and come back to me. It's not. Some time ago (before ips4 and floatplane) IIRC I got ~ 20k USD a year in contributors. That doesn't even cover one employee, but I can't imagine it's a sink. 

Also, what ads? lol I've never had ads on this forum, adblock or not. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch