Deal with technological illiteracy

i need some way of getting everyone i know to shut up. my school is nearly entirely technologically illiterate and all but two of my friends are console gamers who despise PCs and spew bullshit. its ok if they prefer consoles but all they do is spew absolute horsecrap and i am fed up. some quotes include "a 1000 pc cannot beat a console" "TVs have graphics cards thats why consoles are so good" "pcs always are shit look how shit it is *talking about our schools core 2 duo pcs with 2gb ram that just crashed" "you cant run black ops 3 on a pc" "you just bought a (£500) pc because you cant afford a ps4(£210)" "consoles run games with 1200 fpses"

and it makes me wanna kms. they also make fun of me for knowing what pc hardware is (i said these pcs have core 2 duos and are lga 775, "i can be smart too hgb 1880e j9675 and your just making that up to sound smart. like seriously is there anyway to convince them that they or wrong or atleast to shut up.

You're probably in high school right? 

Just let them at it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

don't worry, you guys are at know at all age, in time it will change. for reference, people get whatever they want but spreading misinformation is not worth your time. talk about other things, if pc vs console causes problematic discussions. 

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

You're probably in high school right? 

Just let them at it. 

yeah i guess. it just pisses me off, especially when my IT teacher says things like "i bought a £1000 pc and it is worse than my ps4" which may have been true as she then claimed "i bought it from alienware who make the best pcs"

Just now, Glenwing said:

Nope

balls

They are 2, you are 1. Rather ignore them or if you wanna convince them go with some heavy research. 

Better, get them on this forum, but they will see for themselves

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

yea, look on the bright side, at least they aren't asking you for help yet, I remember I once needed to teach someone to use google, so yea, at least you haven't needed to do that yet. It is mind numbingly boring and horrible

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

4 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Let idiots be idiots. Don't let it concern you.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, Ethan Meskin said:

yeah i guess. it just pisses me off, especially when my IT teacher says things like "i bought a £1000 pc and it is worse than my ps4" which may have been true as she then claimed "i bought it from alienware who make the best pcs"

that IT teacher sounds like a moron or an ultimate troll. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

don't worry, you guys are at know at all age, in time it will change. for reference, people get whatever they want but spreading misinformation is not worth your time. talk about other things, if pc vs console causes problematic discussions. 

the thing is, when i try to talk to my pc gamer friends about hardware, they just butt in and wont shut up. ah i hate how immature these people are

3 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

my friends are console gamers who despise PCs and spew bullshit.

Show them this video 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

that IT teacher sounds like a moron or an ultimate troll. 

moron, i tested her on what pc hardware was and she took 2 minutes (probably google) to recognise a picture of a gtx 1080 as a graphics card

Just now, Ethan Meskin said:

the thing is, when i try to talk to my pc gamer friends about hardware, they just butt in and wont shut up. ah i hate how immature these people are

yea, it happens, no one wants to feel they have an inferior hardware especially with "next gen" marketing.  

2 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

They are 2, you are 1. Rather ignore them or if you wanna convince them go with some heavy research. 

Better, and get them on this forum, but I they will see for themselves

i know, its like this with everything for me tbh- music, gaming etc

3 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

yea, look on the bright side, at least they aren't asking you for help yet, I remember I once needed to teach someone to use google, so yea, at least you haven't needed to do that yet. It is mind numbingly boring and horrible

i get that in maths and science and english and the list goes on

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yea, it happens, no one wants to feel they have an inferior hardware especially with "next gen" marketing.  

i guess, but the bullshit they spew... did you see the quote about the graphics cards in tvs?

2 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

i get that in maths and science and english and the list goes on

yea, it's "fun"

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Just now, grimreeper132 said:

yea, it's "fun"

honestly i prefer that to being bad at it but i am a bit of an attention whore tbh and it does piss me off a lot

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

i guess, but the bullshit they spew... did you see the quote about the graphics cards in tvs?

yes its funny, technically they are not wrong, modern smart TVs have SOC built into them for the OS but its funny to hear a 2 dollar SOC running GTA 5 or the os smoothly. 

Just now, LabRat said:

so this is the meaning of  "modern maturity".

? what?

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yes its funny, technically they are not wrong, modern smart TVs have SOC built into them for the OS but its funny to hear a 2 dollar SOC running GTA 5 or the os smoothly. 

they meant that is what the console uses to render games so yeah its pretty bad

forgot to mention they are all colossal apple fanboys @nerdslayer1

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

forgot to mention they are all colossal apple fanboys @nerdslayer1

i am offended, i like ios! ^^/s

theres no way, ignorance is bliss. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.