I'm frankly disappointed with Corsair's products and support (solved)

Go to solution Solved by Automobili3XF,

Just came by to update you guys on the situation.

Just a few minutes ago the mailman dropped a package with Corsair's name on it, which contained a Scimitar RGB mouse.

It took a while for them to respond and send a replacement product, but i'm happy it all worked out well and in the end i actually got an upgrade on what i had before. 

After i contacted @nicklmg , i sent the mouse for evaluation, they detected the fault and said they didn't have a direct replacement for it (M65) so they would send a model higher up the range instead.

And just conclude everything, i'm really happy with this replacement, its been a while since i was thinking about buying an MMO centric mouse, but now i got it.

Thanks for all the help and camaraderie, i'll be around!

I'll take a picture of the replacement as soon as i get home.

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yeah with that one I fully agree with you, Kingston is a no go, they sure know how to make marketing but awful products my brother's friend bought Kingston HyperX Memory from ML and it died on month 2... not to mention that huge scam with the V300 ssd.

Where did you buy your hardware? couldn't it be an issue with the shop rather? All my Corsair stuff was bought from Kabum.com.br and they never given issues.

I bought my RAM and mouse with Terabyteshop, the H55 was with Pichau.

Terabyteshop has a very good and very fast RMA service, i'm just waiting to see what they can do in this case.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Had two Corsair 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Voyagers that both died on me within 3 months of use for each. The second USB drive I got was a RMA replacement too I think, it's been a while. A 4GB kit of XMS3 memory that seems to crash no matter which system I put them in (tried on both my AMD 890FX system and my bro's Z77 system). Currently using a Vengeance kit in my main school laptop so we'll see how long that lasts. Been running for just over a year now so fingers crossed. But yea, I'm pretty hesitant on Corsair products now.

Every example was purchased from NCIX.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

As a corsair RAM, KB, MOUSE, MOUSEPAD, and CPU cooler user, I love the products and the software to link them is easy and fluent to use

For me it is Logitech that sucks hairy balls :l (both pairs of Z506 always came defective to me). Corsair has been the best for me so far and i have never had to replace their products. On the other hand!, many people also say Samsung is the greatest brand of smartphones in the world yet i have switched what only god knows in terms of flagships from them, with support and repair services being complete crap.

Im starting to wonder if it is always about luck ;...;

Thankfully, my Razer keyboard hasnt died yet. Most people gave it a life expectancy of 1 hour before i returned it to the store xD. Been over a week.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

For me it is Logitech that sucks hairy balls :l (both pairs of Z506 always came defective to me). Corsair has been the best for me so far and i have never had to replace their products. On the other hand!, many people also say Samsung is the greatest brand of smartphones in the world yet i have switched what only god knows in terms of flagships from them, with support and repair services being complete crap.

Im starting to wonder if it is always about luck ;...;

Thankfully, my Razer keyboard hasnt died yet. Most people gave it a life expectancy of 1 hour before i returned it to the store xD. Been over a week.

For me has been the opposite, Logitech has been particularly reliable for me, i have a 3 year old M90 that i use on my job, a 2 year old K400R and just recently got myself an M570 trackball, which i was told to expect double clicking after 2 years or so, but in this case i have a pair of Omron switches i plan on soldering to the board, so no worries.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Just now, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

-snip-

Well i guess we can blame mass production for this :(.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well i guess we can blame mass production for this :(.

Indeed, things like these happens sometimes.

I just hope i get my mouse back, i'm really not in the mood to buy another expensive peripheral...

3 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

-snip-

Yeah it truly is something terrifying to think about! Usually when we spend 50-60$\€ + or with other equivalent currencies, we expect those same peripherals to last in the very least, two years and still be working and looking just as good. 

Groomlake Authority

13 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

About the planned build I have two suggestions in case you're interested:

1. If the new case could fit it I'd suggest an H7 instead of the C7 to reduce noise.  Though idk if the H7 would fit in the case you plan to use.  The C7 is still a very nice cooler I've used one myself so no worries if you'd get that.

2. If you're getting an EVGA 10 series card I'd strongly suggest getting an ICX version since those have an improved cooler design that avoids the issues of the ACX cooler on their 10 series cards without needing any fixes that I'm aware of.

1. The H7 definitely would not fit. The Node 202 is a very compact case. If I really wanted to go out on a limb, I'd get a 120mm AIO and an ITX version 1070 or something and cram them in over where the GPU goes.

2. I'll look into it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I think pretty much from various responses "I've had a terrible experience with x brand" or "I've had great experiences with y brand" the conclusion we can make is that a lot of it depends on sheer luck. In mass manufacturing there are always some defective products that make it out to the market I don't think you can say that any product from any company is going to be perfect 100% of the time.

IMO the most important thing is how a company's customer service responds when you do have a problem. No matter what my issue is a company with good quality customer service will always get my money again.

On 3/15/2017 at 9:24 PM, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

-snip-

Hey, sorry to hear about the poor experience you had :(

Can you PM me your support ticket number? I'll pass that along to my contacts over there and see if there's anything they can do to help fix the situation... An experience like this is definitely not what we've come to expect from Corsair, so I sincerely believe that our contacts over there will do whatever they can to help!

Thanks,
Nick

On 16/03/2017 at 0:24 PM, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I always had Corsair as a good brand, a brand to be trusted, but as it turns out, i can no longer trust my money towards Corsair products.

It all started with a memory kit i bought from a reputable store here in Brazil, a pair of 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (16GB CL10) RAM sticks, simple stuff.

I'm not sure if this kit is particularly problematic or something, but i had to RMA 3 BNIB kits in order to get one that both sticks would work correctly, the store i bought them from was very kind to send the kits via fast shipping to my home, but just the money i spent on shipping the 3 defective kits back to the store, if added to the price i paid for the first kit, would be enough to buy memory from another brand, say Patriot, since i never had a single problem with their products.

Ok, in the end i got a working kit, fine, i thought "i was just unlucky, perhaps", but no, not to be outdone, almost a year later, the pump on my H55 decides to die. Fine, i didn't even try to RMA it (i'll explain why later), i trew it in the trash and bought a Zalman CNPS10X Extreme to replace it. But that was not the end, just a few days ago i posted here on the forums that i had a problem with the scroll wheel and the middle click button going haywire, in which i stated that i used the mouse since early 2014, which is not true, i confused myself at the time, this is my second M65, the first one i sold around january 2016, just to realise that i wasn't happy with any other mice at the time, and buy a Corsair M65 once again around the same date, i'll show proof of purchase if you feel i'm not telling the truth. Easy fix, i just bought a Logitech M570 trackball to use as my daily driver, and i was planning to keep the M65 as just my gaming mouse, since i don't use the scroll wheel or middle click in any game, add the fact that i really like the overall shape of the mouse. But today all buttons decided to stop functioning, the sensor works, but not a single button works, not even the DPI adjustment buttons. I didn't try to RMA this mouse as well, and i'll explain why: Some months ago (August 31st of 2016 to be exact) i was adjusting the weights under my M65 and i applied a little too much force on one of the screws, which made the metallic thread rotate inside the plastic shell and fall. I spoke first with Corsair to see if i could do something, in which they responded something along the lines of "we do not provide official support in your country (Brazil), speak with your vendor". I decided not to bother, i just used the mouse like it was and didn't contact my vendor, already knowing that they would probably figure the case as user's fault. Not only that, but if Corsair doesn't provide official support on Brazil, that means the 3 years warranty claim on the boxes cannot be taken for granted, vendors with CNPJ are only forced to provide a 3 month warranty over imported products, most offer a full year warranty, but not more than that, and my mouse failed over a full year of use, even if i tried to RMA it now, i wouldn't get anything.

And just to finish it of, i'm never, i said NEVER, buying anything from Corsair from now on.

Sorry if misspelled any words on this post or something similar, i'm not a native speaker and its already past 1a.m. but i just wanted to show my disappointment with the brand.

I think you probably got scammed by the market.

Context Matters!

I have  A LOT of corsair stuff: 3 Cases (a SPEC M2, a SPEC 02, and a 400 C), four PSUs (two CX 500s one CX 430 and one RM750), two water coolers (one H60 and one H80i), one mouse (m65 RGB with ugly logo), and a keyboard (STRAFE RGB), and I've only had a problem with the keyboard (got a faulty switch), for which I got a free replacement. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is a perfect example of why to never trust the internet for product reviews. What we have here is a collection of people who got the defective products that inevitably happen when you manufacture tens, if not hundreds of thousands of a product.

What you do NOT see is the overwhelming majority of Corsair customers who have not posted because they've had no issues, nor the number of people who have had issues with non-Corsair products.

ALL companies have faulty products.
ALL companies have limited warranties and rules to follow when dealing internationally.
ALL things are relative. Corsair's reputation is that they are relatively superior to most other PC hardware manufacturers. 

You guys got defective products. That's why they have a warranty.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Knight said:

This thread is a perfect example of why to never trust the internet for product reviews. What we have here is a collection of people who got the defective products that inevitably happen when you manufacture tens, if not hundreds of thousands of a product.

What you do NOT see is the overwhelming majority of Corsair customers who have not posted because they've had no issues, nor the number of people who have had issues with non-Corsair products.

ALL companies have faulty products.
ALL companies have limited warranties and rules to follow when dealing internationally.
ALL things are relative. Corsair's reputation is that they are relatively superior to most other PC hardware manufacturers. 

You guys got defective products. That's why they have a warranty.

I'm not taking a conclusion out of this just yet, i'm just showing my indignation since all my Corsair products came to be faulty, which is a desastrous coincidence, but after i spoke with Nick i sent my mouse for the RMA claim, i'm waiting to see what they will do it.

Doesn't change my point. You got burned with defective products in (Maybe) a poor region for their support legals. Too bad, tough shit, it happens.

But subjective data is always subjective. Personal experience is irrelevant. You have no basis on which to claim that manufacturer A is any more likely than manufacturer B to ship defective products or vice versa. You need more data, vastly more data, and the vastly more data that is the internet's common wisdom says that you have a better chance buying Corsair products than just about any others. 

FYI - I have one Corsair product, a K70 RGB. It's had to be RMA'd twice (This is my third), on both occasions because of key chattering faults. This third one is beginning to chatter on W. It is not Corsair's fault. The fault is with the switches, which are of course Cherry. Not only is it not their fault, but they've twice given me a turbo RMA (Sending me the product against a credit surcharge for zero downtime), and their customer support is the best I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with (Used to work tech support, contacting Samsung, Sony, Dyson, you name it, I phoned them): They actually pick up the damned phone, in their US offices, and talk to you directly! No Indian call centre!

People need to take a step back and use the perspective to make a real, considered assessment of their situation. Usually, it's not actually the end of the world :)

I've never experienced any major issues with Corsair products personally.  My only gripe with them right now is their inability to get me my AM4 bracket for the H115i cooler so I can finally complete my build.  1 month and waiting....

As for the CX430's mentioned earlier, we sell them at my store and so far have not had any issues.  Actually, I take it back, we did have one that was returned, but we're not entirely convinced it wasn't caused by the customer (however, since we couldn't be certain of that, we replaced it under warranty).

BK's point above is spot on.  Sometimes you just get a faulty product.  When products are mass produced, they can only test so many of them before they leave the factory.  It's unfortunate, but inevitable that some bad products will slip through.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few minutes ago the mailman dropped a package with Corsair's name on it, which contained a Scimitar RGB mouse.

It took a while for them to respond and send a replacement product, but i'm happy it all worked out well and in the end i actually got an upgrade on what i had before. 

After i contacted @nicklmg , i sent the mouse for evaluation, they detected the fault and said they didn't have a direct replacement for it (M65) so they would send a model higher up the range instead.

And just conclude everything, i'm really happy with this replacement, its been a while since i was thinking about buying an MMO centric mouse, but now i got it.

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Glad they sorted it out for you :) 

On 3/16/2017 at 8:22 AM, Princess Cadence said:

Yeah with that one I fully agree with you, Kingston is a no go, they sure know how to make marketing but awful products my brother's friend bought Kingston HyperX Memory from ML and it died on month 2... not to mention that huge scam with the V300 ssd.

Where did you buy your hardware? couldn't it be an issue with the shop rather? All my Corsair stuff was bought from Kabum.com.br and they never given issues.

I thought Kingston was a good brand for memory? I always heard good things about them. Speaking of which, do you know anything about their headphones? I'm thinking of getting some HyperX Cloud II's, and I'd like to hear some opinions on them.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

I thought Kingston was a good brand for memory? I always heard good things about them. Speaking of which, do you know anything about their headphones? I'm thinking of getting some HyperX Cloud II's, and I'd like to hear some opinions on them.

I avoid Kingston at all cost, they have the most shady market practices there is:

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Damn ok

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

37 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

That was from three years ago.  Is there evidence that they still perform these types of shady practices?  I'm not excusing their behavior, I just want to know if it's still ongoing.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

That was from three years ago.  Is there evidence that they still perform these types of shady practices?  I'm not excusing their behavior, I just want to know if it's still ongoing.

Not that I'm aware of, but it makes you wonder, if they'll do it once, why wouldn't they do it again?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, N1ghtshade said:

From my own experience, the Cloud Cores are a tad better than the Cloud IIs.

They're good headsets, basically a Takstar hi2050 with a "mike".