Nvidia 378.78 drivers grant 33% increase in tomb raider, 23% increase in hitman, nearly double digit for others.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i gurantee you that it does...and i did read the comment i even answered it :)

Huh, didn't notice!

Either way, I definitely remember something that mentioned the 980Ti and Titan XM a bit different Maxwell architecture, hence why they didn't lose as much performance in DX12 compared to their lower-end counterparts, that could mean that only those two Maxwell-based cards could benefit from this update...

Though overall that there is such an update released is a great news for people owning those cards :)

P.S. When there's always a thread like that I got this in my head: "If this was an AMD thread then zMeul would definitely come and say how AMD is garbage because it released a DX12 update almost 3 years after 900 series launched and it's no longer relevant in terms of sales for the company considering newer generations and that they should release the card with its full performance potential at launch, but when it's an Nvidia thread then let's hail how amazing their engineers are for achieving this!" ^_^

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

P.S. When there's always a thread like that I got this in my head: "If this was an AMD thread then zMeul would definitely come and say how AMD is garbage because it released a DX12 update almost 3 years after 900 series launched and it's no longer relevant in terms of sales for the company considering newer generations and that they should release the card with its full performance potential at launch, but when it's an Nvidia thread then let's hail how amazing their engineers are for achieving this!" ^_^

ohhh come on...AMD boys are stupid enough to even give it a name ''fine whine'' and stuff.. :P just let us be happy for once!! haha

Can i get a ''N'' ...no? ok then :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

22 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Nvidia's Fine Whine Technology :P

Let's call NVidia's version... FineShine. :D 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

they've been beating the driver optimization drum for ages over on the AMD camp and now that nvidia is doing it as well they are downplaying the shit out of it :P

it's pretty funny..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

14 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ohhh come on...AMD boys are stupid enough to even give it a name ''fine whine'' and stuff.. :P just let us be happy for once!! haha

Can i get a ''N'' ...no? ok then :P

It's not even about Nvidia or AMD, it's about him planting cancer in every thread like that :P He literally became a meme of the forum

This update is an amazing news, although a bit late, might finally bring DX12 performance closer to what AMD offers in that field (relatively)

I've got only one concern though: They represented those big "figures" about how the driver improves the performance, but they played the marketing part a bit over the edge to me

14 hours ago, Technicolors said:

and of course Nvidia is completely false in their claims...

index.php?ct=news&action=file&id=19226

GeForce GTX 1080 @ WQHD GeForce 378.66 GeForce 378.78 Difference %
Deus Ex : Mankind Divided 69 70 1,43%
Hitman (2016) 92 104 11,54%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 93 94 1,06%
Gears of War 4 95 94 -1,06%
Ashes of the Singularity 86 88 2,27%
Sniper Elite 4 89 89 0,00%
Battlefield 1 95 96 1,04%
The Division 72 75 4,00%

except maybe Hitman 

They presented those number as a relative comparison to launch drivers performance, launch game version (which affects the performance a lot in games such as BF1 as you well know for instance in how the CPU is utilized in BF1) at 4K with a GTX 1080, this heavily suggests to people who don't know as much as we do about this stuff and just go like this:

"Oh, I heard Nvidia increased DX12 performance in my GTX 970 by 33%! So great!" When he gets 1-2FPS in reality... Funniest that they called it a "Breakthrough DX12 driver performance" :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Oh man. The amount of cringe. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Come on man this is nothing but a stepping stone, i don't mind the extra few frames, but except Hitman which had major performance for base line the other improvements are nothing to brag about.

Going from 20 to 27 fps at ROTTR is a cheap joke of an advertisment, for a company the size of Nvidia, they just sit on their asses for the last few years, making DX12 adoption really slow, and now with Vega they need to do it fast in order to maintain their position among developers and consumers.

The article isn't bad, but the title IMHO is misleading.

16 hours ago, Camofelix said:

Nvidia 378.78 drivers deliver huge gains in Tomb raider, a traditionally AMD optimized title.

Personnal opinion on what this may mean:

Pre-amble 

Pre-DX12 Nvidia was able to completely own the market with what were objectively simpler and smaller chips. From interviews over the years this was said to be caused by Nvidia having an insanely well optimized DX11 pipeline, essentially a more direct and elegant render path. AMD on the other hand managed to deliver similar performance by sheer brute force (think back to 7970 vs gtx 680), consuming more power and costing more to manufacture (bigger chip) in comparison to the green teams offering at the time. 

What this means today 

With Nvidia posting these sort of gains with DX12, it may that they've (bad pun incoming) cracked the code for how best to set up the driver pipeline and not have to take a more brute force approach that always comes with a new API, before either team realizes what code path would work best with their respective architectures. 

Source:PCgamer

ZbvhEzwzWnyFDrShFT4JCo-650-80.jpg

Fake news!!

This was done comparing launch drivers with the newest ones pure fake news. The real gains are in around the 6% mark

and here i was thinking nvidia finally made that DX12 driver they have been on about since maxwell. ohh well maybe someday.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

45 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

Fake news!!

This was done comparing launch drivers with the newest ones pure fake news. The real gains are in around the 6% mark

10/10 for observation, I mean its only literally in the results as a giant emboldened header, somehow I missed that /s

Its not fake, its cherry picked. That's something entirely different but every bit as shady. Anecdotal evidence shows real gains to not even be 6%.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

These broke my GTX970 1501mhz (not max) overclock thats been stable across all games and drivers before it.

And I just got Dishonored2 and need those frames ;)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

Not enough G's in the name. 0/10 could not market.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i played battlefield 1 for about 2 hrs yesterday and it ran beautifuly across the board and i'm on the new driver...just saying.

Maybe its the 10 series side of things they fucked up (again)

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

Hurt my folding ... will have to role back.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER