What game made you feel most empty after completion?

Tech Wizard

Hey,

So as the title asks, I'm curious to what games you've finished, that had the biggest effect of emptiness on you.
Image result for when you finish a game empty

I just completed Witcher 3's last DLC, Blood & Wine, and the original game about a week ago. With over 200 hours played, all main/side quests completed, and even made backup save files every 10 minutes to explore every single ending/cutscene on the different quests/cutscenes, my journey has finally come to an end. CD Project Red has done an amazing job with this title, best I've ever played. Now I'm sad & empty inside :(

What game had the biggest effect like this on you? 

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

Dishonored 1 but then 2 came out, still working on that, Cod Ghosts (gonna get hate) and Dying light

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

The ending of the witcher 3 was satisfying for me. 

For me personally i'd say mass effect 3. Playing through 1 2 and 3 and all the dlc and shit. (Using the happy ending mod too so i'm not just annoyed) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

56 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

Hey,

So as the title asks, I'm curious to what games you've finished, that had the biggest effect of emptiness on you.
Image result for when you finish a game empty

I just completed Witcher 3's last DLC, Blood & Wine, and the original game about a week ago. With over 200 hours played, all main/side quests completed, and even made backup save files every 10 minutes to explore every single ending/cutscene on the different quests/cutscenes, my journey has finally come to an end. CD Project Red has done an amazing job with this title, best I've ever played. Now I'm sad & empty inside :(

What game had the biggest effect like this on you? 

Borderlands 2 had a good story but after that it is so repetitive, and you cannot replay it in the story.

Far cry 4 had plenties to do after completion. I finished the story only %40 through the whole Game. 

Borderlands TPS is the same as Borderlands 2

Destiny didn't have a story

Battlefield 1 had only a few short stories

Skyrim, I have spent 200 hours fucking around not even %30 through the campaign.

I loved Far Cry 3, maybe even Metal Gear Solid 4 or Ace Combat 5.  The Last Story, that's also one that left me feeling empty.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4) Loom

3) Simon the Sorcerer 2

2) The secret of Monkey Island. I couldn't play the 2nd part for a while, so knowing it existed wasn't enough.

1) The secret of Moneky Island 2. This time it was over for real - and with that ending...

Tales of The Abyss stands out. That is really about the only one. Games, Manga and anime do this on a regular basis though. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Half life: opposing force , it kind of just ended...and Sheppard is put into indefinite stasis

First game I actually raged at the screen. it's only happend 3 times and 2 where half life games

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Not a game, but Bojack horseman is the one of the two shows I've ever watched that ever made me cry. I was depressed for two days after finishing s2. Code geass's ending is the other one. 

Edit: it's probably cus the last story based game I played watch dogs, but I'm planning on picking up Witcher 3.

- snip-

3 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Finishing Life is Strange, realising you'll probably never play a game with such an emotional impact ever again.

EtaXway.gif

Definitely this.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Also The Witcher 3, especially after the Blood & Wine expansion. Still can't sleep or find meaning to life

Don't know because I almost never finish games campaign's unless they're racing games...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I just finished replaying through Sleeping Dogs for the 3rd time last week and I still feel kinda empty. D:

But the game which made me feel the most empty?Hmm...that's a good question. I seriously have no idea, each one is special in its own right.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Life is Strange

Yes

Life is Strange

I have no clue what to do with my life or what is going on anymore

14 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Finishing Life is Strange, realising you'll probably never play a game with such an emotional impact ever again.

Spoiler

I WAS EATING THOSE BEANS

One that stands out for me was Bioshock Infinite, there was something with that story and ending that stuck with me.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Dishonored 1's High Chaos ending for sure. You went from noble Lord Protector to savage murderer, losing all honor and respect for the innocent in the process. You're a disgrace to the Empire and to the memory of the Empress, and have killed indiscriminately to get your way. By the end, your former allies hate you, even your personal boatman tries to kill you, and Emily has become a ruthless tyrant like you. You now have no choice but to continue to murder and lie to keep the Empire in line. Samuel's final line sums it up well: "So, the Admiral's powermad, Martin's a snake, and Lord Pendleton's a coward. But you, Corvo - the thing's you've done, you could be the worst of all of us."

Really gave a feeling of "well, I won... but look at what a monster I've become to do so." Provides a reason to try a low chaos run, to get a much lighter ending and one that actually reflects Corvo's ideal goal.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Starbound (this was in like 2015), I literally completed every single thing,

Had basically every item,

Everything maxed out,

Defeated every boss,

Explored basically all planets,

and then

I just got bored, haven't played since

I had so many mods that assisted me in the game, and everything is lost now haha

They don't back your stuff up on cloud so I wiped my pc like around near the end of 2016 and forgot to backup.

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)