Linus disrespect

stealth80
Go to solution Solved by Trippik,
On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, stealth80 said:

exactly, I am not spewing hate, I'm just stating that I think he could produce videos without destroying shit - I'm in the UK in small firm, 3-4 people already stating they prefer Jay2cents cause he respects the gear hes provided by sponsor - flame me, but that's RL comments

I think you've hit it right on the head there, yes Linus has grown into a more Top Gear style youtube channel over the years but it's bought him success and subscribers, so you can't blame him for expanding on that trend. When I want something a bit more educational I will head over the Jayz2Cents or Level1Techs. When I want something a bit silly and entertaining I head straight to LTT. That's the great thing about youtube you can see all these different kinds of content right next to each other for free!!! Just saying if you don't like it, there are plenty of other youtubers who will better fit the sensible content you want from LTT. Just watch their Ryzen review if you don't like the occasionally silly moments. 

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

exactly, I am not spewing hate, I'm just stating that I think he could produce videos without destroying shit - I'm in the UK in small firm, 3-4 people already stating they prefer Jay2cents cause he respects the gear hes provided by sponsor - flame me, but that's RL comments

He's drilled through motherboards though...

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so, people can't be wrong? 

when accusing someone of "shit" might wanna check 1st - especially when the whole channel is tech oriented

if this was from Martha Stewart, I would've understood

like when Jayz drilled 4 wholes in a mobo ... good god!

Linus respects hardware and does not like when it is damaged. However, you are not taking a key factor into account. And that is the MASS amount of hardware Linus handles and receives on a daily basis. So the probability of something getting dropped/damaged is increased exponentially compared to other tech Youtuber's/reviewers.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

And rad

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Lol, I was just about to edit my post to say this. You beat me to it.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

And rad

I was talking about Jay.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

6 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Would you be more happy if he had only low end hardware?  The man has built an incredibly successful YouTube empire!  He's an entertainer and a business man.  And a damn good one.  The disrespect you talk about is all in your head.

I would be happy if he respected it

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

1) Ultimately, what LMG is operating is a film/television set, and despite best efforts, accidents and damages will occur on a film/television set.  This is the reality of producing entertainment content.

2) He didn't demand.  He rather apologetically BEGGED for a replacement, even admitting that he'd understand if Asus never sent them a free demo unit again.  It was pretty much the total opposite of a 'demand'.

My point is he's gone away from what he was, I for one am unsubbing - I will use these forums as I think the community is great, for tech vids I will remain with Jay2cents

4 minutes ago, poopy said:

i dont care about the "disrespect" but yeah i really freaken wish educational linus would come back

yup

5 minutes ago, RezChi said:

You actually truly thing the AM4 rig falling was set-up!?

no - its the "oh shit this broke, give me another" attitude - bullshit

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

jay2cents is a channel i don't respect because of the attitude, i watch a video for content not to be reminded of his attitude

if you are talking about good calm channels i would say ltt, paul hardware, nexus( i love truthful in-depth reviews he goes the extra mile), df foundery. 

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

That wasn't even his attitude in the slightest. You are making things up in your head buddy.

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

when accusing someone of "shit" might wanna check 1st - especially when the whole channel is tech oriented

if this was from Martha Stewart, I would've understood

we are humans, even a well-versed person in their field can be wrong, example doctors can make mistakes fyi

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Linus respects hardware and does not like when it is damaged. However, you are not taking a key factor into account. And that is the MASS amount of hardware Linus handles and receives on a daily basis. So the probability of something getting dropped/damaged is increased exponentially compared to other tech Youtuber's/reviewers.

But Jay didn't go "oh shit guys, I'm  dick and drilled though the mobo you provided me, give me another" hence my point!

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Yes because that is totally demanding a new one with no respect.

Just now, stealth80 said:

But Jay didn't go "oh shit guys, I'm  dick and drilled though the mobo you provided me, give me another" hence my point!

No, but Linus was in the other room and no one was near the test bench when it happened to loose footing and fall off the table. He apologized sincerely to ASUS and said he would understand if they won't send him any more products. However, he respectfully requested another. You are full of it tonight aren't you?

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

we are humans, even a well-versed person in their field can be wrong, example doctors can make mistakes fyi

when 1 doctor does it, tough luck

when two doctors do it ... well then, doctors you say!?

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

he was being sincere also free marketing for asus. 

5 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Why do people give a shit, it was an accident. Live and learn, yes it was kind of ASUS to send a replacement to Linus. 

It wasn't the way it happened it was the "hey guys I dropped this shit, give me another kk"

If that's us? Fuck you, buy another

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, zMeul said:

when 1 doctor does it, tough luck

when two doctors do it ... well then, doctors you say!?

still my point stand, people can be wrong. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

he was being sincere also free marketing for asus. 

Yep, now I know you are trolling. Just stop giving this guy attention. That is exactly what he is here to attain. Why else would he post such a controversial topic on a forum he knew it would rile up?

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

cause that would work for me you, thank you for reinforcing my point

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, Orangeator said:

Yep, now I know you are trolling. Just stop giving this guy attention. That is exactly what he is here to attain. Why else would he post such a controversial topic on a forum he knew it would rile up?

with 4.4K posts I doubt I'm trolling ... it's a genuine concern/point

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, Orangeator said:

me? or OP it seems like your post is directed toward me. 

11 minutes ago, poopy said:

i dont care about the "disrespect" but yeah i really freaken wish educational linus would come back

Gamers Nexus and PC Persepctive are the sources for that, and Paul's/Jay's channel to a lesser extent.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

cause that would work for me you, thank you for reinforcing my point

In no way was that an English sentence with any actual meaning, you lose 50 points and may not pass go.

It wasn't the way it happened it was the "hey guys I dropped this shit, give me another kk"

If that's us? Fuck you, buy another

Yeah but that is irrelevant, as Linus needs that board to do product reviews of Ryzen in which case Asus has financial gain from... Both are businesses looking out for their interest. You being the targeted consumer.

30 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

of course it was - as was his remorse when he tweeted it demanding a new one and of course - Asus shit them selves and shipped one over night

Why would they shit themselves? Because Linus would call them out on twitter because they won't send him another free product? Think about that for a second. 

The nail thread had more sense than this. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.