Linus disrespect

stealth80
Go to solution Solved by Trippik,
On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, stealth80 said:

exactly, I am not spewing hate, I'm just stating that I think he could produce videos without destroying shit - I'm in the UK in small firm, 3-4 people already stating they prefer Jay2cents cause he respects the gear hes provided by sponsor - flame me, but that's RL comments

I think you've hit it right on the head there, yes Linus has grown into a more Top Gear style youtube channel over the years but it's bought him success and subscribers, so you can't blame him for expanding on that trend. When I want something a bit more educational I will head over the Jayz2Cents or Level1Techs. When I want something a bit silly and entertaining I head straight to LTT. That's the great thing about youtube you can see all these different kinds of content right next to each other for free!!! Just saying if you don't like it, there are plenty of other youtubers who will better fit the sensible content you want from LTT. Just watch their Ryzen review if you don't like the occasionally silly moments. 

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Hey now, wait up a second.  I never said that the OP should refrain from further advertising the Ryzen video.  I'm just pointing out that that's what he's doing. :)

I am 100% in favour if his continued efforts to get more people to watch the video even though he doesn't know that that's what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Keep it up and making LMG will give you a free t-shirt for your continued advertising efforts. :)

Nah m8

You're just berating him for discussing this.

OP NEVER SAYS THAT YOU SHOUDLN'T WATCH THE VIDEO

(he probably doesn't care that he is promoting it)

^ Plus most people on the forum have watched/would have watched the video anyway.

He just points out something in said video.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I was talking about your stance for every single product ever, not the specific doctor case.

because I'm a computer programmer

my predisposition is only binary

14 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

You are not linus. linus gets free products because it's a win/win situation for both the manufacturer and LTT.

trust me, ASUS is OVERJOYED that their motherboard is featured in an LTT video with over a million views, and that they only had to pay a few hundred dollars to get it there.

he shows these mishaps because it's funny to the majority of his viewers.

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Oh Boy! He Lost 10 Subs!!

How will he feed his family?!

but seriously, he gains more subs than he loses from this, and you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. he doesn't try to ruin expensive parts. he just happens to do so due to the insane amount of expensive parts around him.

he requested a second board from ASUS because he needed an AM4 board, and he knew that any company would gladly give one to him, not because Linus was an arrogant prick, but simply because it's simple ROI. if ASUS spends an extra $100 on a board, then they can get literally tens of thousands of dollars in sales from people seeing that board on an LTT video.

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Now that's stupid.

Discussing something you don't like should be allowed, and OP shouldn't be admonished for bringing up an issue he deems bad with LTT content.

I don't agree with OP, but I don't think your counter argument is valid either.

he was simply expressing his dissatisfaction with LTT ruining expensive stuff, not saying that LTT should be shut down and lynched.

Guys, my point it this - I reckon the average user of LTT is someone building a new rig (we've seen plenty of those) or an enthusiast - How many of those people wanna see tech ruined/disrespected - 17 years building PC's - ye no where near the IP/OP of Linus, but never knocked something off the table/demanded a new one - I am the average LTT user/viewer. I don't see why it should be ok because it's a business model - it's like pouring water down the drain in front of Africans cause Evian could make money from it (massively out of proportion but same point)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

No he doesn't.  Nothing in the video touches on Linus contact with Asus after the board fell of the table.

Wait, did you not watch the video?  You should watch the video.  This is the video promotion thread after all.  go watch it!  More views!  More views!  More views!

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

it's like pouring water down the drain in front of Africans cause Evian could make money from it (massively out of proportion but same point)

Not even close.

it's like you accidentally spilled your drink at starbucks, and they gave you a new one.

and then some African child walks up and complains about how you wasted the drink and should have not accidentally spilled it and instead sent it to Africa to help thirsty children there.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Nah m8

You're just berating him for discussing this.

OP NEVER SAYS THAT YOU SHOUDLN'T WATCH THE VIDEO

(he probably doesn't care that he is promoting it)

^ Plus most people on the forum have watched/would have watched the video anyway.

Thank you, my point isn't the video, it's the affect on users and the fact we're moving away from PC/tech and over to entertainment - I know he's in business, and more $$$ probably = happy wife like all of us - but I don't agree with wrecking tech infront of the noses of the people that helped you get where you are, and this aint the first time let's be honest

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I am the average LTT user/viewer.

Correction;  As someone who has proclaimed to have unsubbed from LTT, you are in fact not any kind of LTT viewer at all currently.

Unless of course you were going to watch LTT videos anyway, dispite being unsubbed, which would make unsubbing a meaningless gesture done only to make yourself feel good but otherwise accomplishing nothing.

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

it's like pouring water down the drain in front of Africans cause Evian could make money from it (massively out of proportion but same point)

That's basically techrax.

LTT is not techrax. they don't destroy products on purpose, and they aren't happy when products die.

Desktop:

Laptop:

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Not even close.

it's like you accidentally spilled your drink at starbucks, and they gave you a new one.

and then some African child walks up and complains about how you wasted the drink and should have not accidentally spilled it and instead sent it to Africa to help thirsty children there.

No, cause you didn't buy it, the motherboard/water was free, you poured it down the drain (broke it) in front of people that would have loved it (the budget consumer - I'm on i7 I'm happy, like I said its a work colleague observation) and then asked for another (not you personally obviously :D)

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Correction;  As someone who has proclaimed to have unsubbed from LTT, you are in fact not any kind of LTT viewer at all currently.

Unless of course you were going to watch LTT videos anyway, dispute being unsubbed, which would make unsubbing a meaningless gesture done only to make yourself feel good but otherwise accomplishing nothing.

you aren't helping/contributing at all  - and I have unsubbed - my point remainds

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

you aren't helping/contributing at all  - and I have unsubbed - my point remainds

Except, and let's make sure we're clear here, you are not the average LTT viewer, or any kind of LTT viewer, because you are not an LTT viewer.  I'm just here helping you with an accurate presentation of information.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Except, and let's make sure we're clear here, you are not the average LTT viewer, or any kind of LTT viewer, because you are not an LTT viewer.  I'm just here helping you with an accurate presentation of information.

you are not contributing - at all, just pointing out what I've already said  -  I unsubbed

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

No, cause you didn't buy it, the motherboard/water was free, you poured it down the drain (broke it) in front of people that would have loved it (the budget consumer - I'm on i7 I'm happy, like I said its a work colleague observation) and then asked for another (not you personally obviously :D)

Alright.

revised version:

The President goes to starbucks, and to show their patriotism, they give him a free coffee, because the president is an important and influential figure.

the president accidentally (Yes he broke the AM4 board by accident) spills it on the floor. it just so happens that people were looking at the president when he spilled the coffee.

then, starbucks buys him another drink.

suddenly, someone who can't afford starbucks is yelling at the president for ruining the drink, and for demanding another one from starbucks.

see, it makes no sense. Linus didn't break the board on purpose, and he's not breaking expensive hardware just to show how rich he is.

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Linus doesn't break stuff on purpose. Its more of a joke about him that he breaks stuff when in fact everyone breaks stuff on accident once in a while. And when the stuff you handle costs from hundreds to thousands, then that's the stuff thats gonna be broken. Expensive stuff break all the time. You only notice it with Linus because it freaking got caught on camera. Oh how about Linus stooping low any only wasting everyday common stuff LIKE FREAKING THROWING RICE DOWN THE TOILET HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT HUH?

HEY RICE DESERVERS TO BE BOILED!!

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Alright.

revised version:

The President goes to starbucks, and to show their patriotism, they give him a free coffee, because the president is an important and influential figure.

the president accidentally (Yes he broke the AM4 board by accident) spills it on the floor. it just so happens that people were looking at the president when he spilled the coffee.

then, starbucks buys him another drink.

suddenly, someone who can't afford starbucks is yelling at the president for ruining the drink, and for demanding another one from starbucks.

see, it makes no sense. Linus didn't break the board on purpose, and he's not breaking expensive hardware just to show how rich he is.

Still doesn't mean the people that can't afford starbucks feel any better. Also the President doesn't choose to air that, the media do. Linus chose to air the fact he broke shit, and then posted on twitter to ask for another - sup - email broke ???

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

you are not contributing - at all

Me, not contributing?  Well, get's go over this thread quickly and add some things up...

In terms of Agree, Thumbs Up, ect that posts can receive, the total number you've accumulated for your posts in this thread is;

Zero.

Me?

Funny x 1

Agree x 2

Thumbs Up x 3

...Looks like the one failing to contribute to this thread is you.  Let's see you hustle and get those numbers up!  You're the OP after all but all you are doing is disappointing yourself! :( 

Still doesn't mean the people that can't afford starbucks feel any better. Also the President doesn't choose to air that, the media do. Linus chose to air the fact he broke shit, and then posted on twitter to ask for another - sup - email broke ???

He chose to air that because LTT have made the assessment that more people enjoy seeing these mishaps than hate seeing them. that's all it is.

^ He chose to post the Email for the same reason.

True, it doesn't make the people who can't enjoy the starbucks/Ryzen feel any better, but it shouldn't make you feel worse either. it should just make you laugh (or at least chuckle)

he's not making fun of you for being poor. he's not bragging that he is rich. he just reviewed expensive hardware, and accidentally broke it. shit happens sometimes.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Me, not contributing?  Well, get's go over this thread quickly and add some things up...

In terms of Agree, Thumbs Up, ect that posts can receive, the total number you've accumulated for your posts in this thread is;

Zero.

Me?

Funny x 1

Agree x 2

Thumbs Up x 3

...Looks like the one failing to contribute to this thread is you.  Let's see you hustle and get those numbers up!  You're the OP after all but all you are doing is disappointing yourself! :( 

wow, you 12? you adding up contribution by that? I've added structured comments the whole way through the thread, you have added nothing but criticism

Ryzen Ram Guide

Zero.

Me?

Funny x 1

Agree x 2

Thumbs Up x 3

that doesn't mean anything.

posts on the LTT meme thread get lots of likes/funnies, but it doesn't mean they are contributing to any intellectual discussion.

the majority is not always correct.

Desktop:

Laptop:

wow, you 12? you adding up contribution by that? I've added structured comments the whole way through the thread, you have added nothing but criticism

I have given this post of yours a 'Thumbs Up', it's an act of charity! ^.^  Now you go get the rest and contribute to the thread!

He chose to air that because LTT have made the assessment that more people enjoy seeing these mishaps than hate seeing them. that's all it is.

^ He chose to post the Email for the same reason.

True, it doesn't make the people who can't enjoy the starbucks/Ryzen feel any better, but it shouldn't make you feel worse either. it should just make you laugh (or at least chuckle)

he's not making fun of you for being poor. he's not bragging that he is rich. he just reviewed expensive hardware, and accidentally broke it. shit happens sometimes.

Like I said, I have i7 I'm happy with no reason to upgrade. This was pointed out to me by a work colleague and I agree - he said some stuff to me and I was like wow really? Like I said, I have no issues with the forums so please don't confuse the issue

Ryzen Ram Guide

I have given this post of yours a 'Thumbs Up', it's an act of charity! ^.^  Now you go get the rest and contribute to the thread!

And now you're just berating him which means you're no longer contributing.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

imagine two posts,

one got 10 likes, and said that 1+1=3

the other got 2 likes, and said that 1+1=2, with a full explanation for why this is correct.

Which one is right? Which one contributed more to the discussion? Which one should people listen to?

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

that doesn't mean anything.

posts on the LTT meme thread get lots of likes/funnies, but it doesn't mean they are contributing to any intellectual discussion.

the majority is not always correct.

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

And now you're just berating him which means you're no longer contributing.

Thank you, like I said, I'm not trying to start a hate thread, ive been here a few years now, I've just had this pointed out and thought actually, ill make a thread and see what happens

Ryzen Ram Guide

imagine two posts,

one got 10 likes, and said that 1+1=3

the other got 2 likes, and said that 1+1=2, with a full explanation for why this is correct.

Which one is right? Which one contributed more to the discussion? Which one should people listen to?

For the love of God.  How are you POSSIBLY taking my post about counting up the reputation marks in this thread as me being anything other than facetious?  I literally can't comprehend how you looked at the posts about the rep points and thought "Well, they clearly aren't taking the piss, so I must respond to what certainly isn't a piss taking with absolute seriousness."

How was it not at all obvious?  How did I manage to accidentally communicate that in a way that you read as being totally serious.  Please tell me so that I can do better next time and prevent others from reading something that's obviously stupid and taking it seriously.

(sorry if i'm not understanding your rant correctly) 

So linus dropping the mobo, asking asus for new one over social media and email, posting it on social media cause of lol's cause of his "accident"

And you are angry/mad because you think the post was targeting poor people who cant afford or have the option to take advantage of large companies and having connections?