Linus disrespect

stealth80
Go to solution Solved by Trippik,
On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, stealth80 said:

exactly, I am not spewing hate, I'm just stating that I think he could produce videos without destroying shit - I'm in the UK in small firm, 3-4 people already stating they prefer Jay2cents cause he respects the gear hes provided by sponsor - flame me, but that's RL comments

I think you've hit it right on the head there, yes Linus has grown into a more Top Gear style youtube channel over the years but it's bought him success and subscribers, so you can't blame him for expanding on that trend. When I want something a bit more educational I will head over the Jayz2Cents or Level1Techs. When I want something a bit silly and entertaining I head straight to LTT. That's the great thing about youtube you can see all these different kinds of content right next to each other for free!!! Just saying if you don't like it, there are plenty of other youtubers who will better fit the sensible content you want from LTT. Just watch their Ryzen review if you don't like the occasionally silly moments. 

This is completely stupid! The cost of advertising their product is more costly than the price of a motherboard or CPU or GPU.

Edit: besides, he returns the products.

6 hours ago, yathis said:

Linus has to lay off the cheesy video thumbnails.

Just wait a week or two...

Or maybe join Floatplane club so you can see it coming early ;)

On 3/19/2017 at 4:38 AM, Trippik said:

I think you've hit it right on the head there, yes Linus has grown into a more Top Gear style youtube channel over the years but it's bought him success and subscribers, so you can't blame him for expanding on that trend. When I want something a bit more educational I will head over the Jayz2Cents or Level1Techs. When I want something a bit silly and entertaining I head straight to LTT. That's the great thing about youtube you can see all these different kinds of content right next to each other for free!!! Just saying if you don't like it, there are plenty of other youtubers who will better fit the sensible content you want from LTT. Just watch their Ryzen review if you don't like the occasionally silly moments. 

Educational

Jayz2Cents

Pick one xD

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

I am not trying to bash Jay2Cents, but if you listen carefully I have noticed A LOT of misinformation or uninformed comments about products and methods on his show. He does have some good content, don't get me wrong, but I think if someone is going to be as arrogant and spout off everything in a know-it-all sort of way they had damn well know it all!

On the flip side to that, yeah I can see your point about the equipment lately, but I think a big thing with LTT videos overall recently is they seem to be in quite a big state of change. So I am willing to forgive a couple lack-luster months with their track record. Not to mention, once in a while, it is great to see something destroyed, just wish it was an iphone or mac book once in a while lol

On 2017-04-09 at 6:04 AM, dyzio2206 said:

Since nothing major is going on in the industry he will adapt..

A ton of things is happening in "the industry".

It's just that LMG is fairly uneducated when it comes to computers so they can't cover what is going on, and their average user would probably not enjoy it either.

6 hours ago, MinionTM2 said:

I am not trying to bash Jay2Cents, but if you listen carefully I have noticed A LOT of misinformation or uninformed comments about products and methods on his show.

I agree, I don't watch nor like Jay2cents, for the matter BitWit's more worthy of my attention :P

RandomGaminginHD ends up being the best videos and like nobody cares to sponsor him a couple of Titan X's, I think that the more you grow and win from the manufactures the worse your contents get...? go figure...

LTT is still my favourite but I definitely don't care to their hard trying funs, for instance I'm subscribed to both Techquickie and LTT but have never gotten anywhere near that "superfun channel".

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I agree with Cadence LMG videos used to have something, but now it just more silly with some silly.  But it's their channel and if people support it how it is, then that is the way things are.

For me I'm subbed to Pauls Hardware, JayZ, and RandomGamingInHD.  Always on the look out for more tech channels.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.