Linus disrespect

stealth80
Go to solution Solved by Trippik,
On 04/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, stealth80 said:

exactly, I am not spewing hate, I'm just stating that I think he could produce videos without destroying shit - I'm in the UK in small firm, 3-4 people already stating they prefer Jay2cents cause he respects the gear hes provided by sponsor - flame me, but that's RL comments

I think you've hit it right on the head there, yes Linus has grown into a more Top Gear style youtube channel over the years but it's bought him success and subscribers, so you can't blame him for expanding on that trend. When I want something a bit more educational I will head over the Jayz2Cents or Level1Techs. When I want something a bit silly and entertaining I head straight to LTT. That's the great thing about youtube you can see all these different kinds of content right next to each other for free!!! Just saying if you don't like it, there are plenty of other youtubers who will better fit the sensible content you want from LTT. Just watch their Ryzen review if you don't like the occasionally silly moments. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

me? or OP it seems like your post is directed toward me. 

Yeah OP, my bad. Lol. Quoted the wrong person.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

Yeah but that is irrelevant, as Linus needs that board to do product reviews of Ryzen in which case Asus has financial gain from... Both are businesses looking out for their interest. You being the targeted consumer.

its pointless, mods should shut down the thread of circle jerking. 

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

no - its the "oh shit this broke, give me another" attitude - bullshit

I don't think that you quite grasp that what this is is business.  It's not about building computers.  It's about Asus producing products that it wants to see promoted and providing free examples to media personalities in exchange for promotion. It's about Linus producing content with material, some of which is freely provided or given a discount, and generating revenue producing content with those materials.  You talk as if this is some smug elitism where he can treat materials carelessly and they are replaced for free.  But that this is, is the production of something just short of a commercial, a commercial which if Asus hardware performs in a way that impresses viewers/perspective consumers.  While to you, you see this hardware as expensive, it's not, the cost of a couple of motherboards and shipping fees is basically trivial in exchange for the revenue that Asus can generate from the 'free' advertising by supplying products.  None of these things are 'expensive' in comparison to the operational costs of running a media company and certainly not when operating an entire electronics company.

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

still my point stand, people can be wrong. 

if people are wrong, they don't get to be doctors xD

5 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

Gamers Nexus and PC Persepctive are the sources for that, and Paul's/Jay's channel to a lesser extent.

i know, but i said linus

Just now, zMeul said:

if people are wrong, they don't get to be doctors xD

yes they do, doctors are not perfect they don't know everything sometimes they even google the symptoms. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

its pointless, mods should shut down the thread of circle jerking. 

Why shut it down? If me or you knocked our rigs from the desk we would have to pay for the products we already paid for. I don't see why this should be closed. I'm pointing out an issue - and as I said It was actually raised by a work colleague and I thought, actually he's right - Linus is losing viewers/subs over this which is the threads point!

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

How about this..

if you were tasked with showcasing, moving around, and building with high end parts every single day, what's the probability that over the course of a year, you would never drop one, never break one, and never ruin one.

I'd like to think it's very small. Linus treats expensive hardware with respect, but he simply handles so much of it, that it breaks sometimes.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes they do, doctors are not perfect they don't know everything sometimes they even google the symptoms. 

that's why they consult each other

even when performing surgery, they don't do it alone

the diff between a butcher and a doctor is that one went to medical school and also must uphold and oath, while the other ,,, does splatter analysis for the crime lab and murders people in his spare time

Edited by zMeul

6 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

cause that would work for me you, thank you for reinforcing my point

Of course it wouldn't work for you.  Because you have nothing to offer Asus.  Nothing in your existence could in no way help Asus sell product so why ever would Asus provide you with hardware?

You think that this is 'special treatment' but it's just business.  It's two businesses doing business.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't think that you quite grasp that what this is is business.  It's not about building computers.  It's about Asus producing products that it wants to see promoted and providing free examples to media personalities in exchange for promotion. It's about Linus producing content with material, some of which is freely provided or given a discount, and generating revenue producing content with those materials.  You talk as if this is some smug elitism where he can treat materials carelessly and they are replaced for free.  But that this is, is the production of something just short of a commercial, a commercial which if Asus hardware performs in a way that impresses viewers/perspective consumers.  While to you, you see this hardware as expensive, it's not, the cost of a couple of motherboards and shipping fees is basically trivial in exchange for the revenue that Asus can generate from the 'free' advertising by supplying products.  None of these things are 'expensive' in comparison to the operational costs of running a media company and certainly not when operating an entire electronics company.

Yes you are right - Its also about people's perception of what is being done by him to gain subs - and at the moment in my small circle of LTT/Tech enthusiasts he's fucked up

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Of course it wouldn't work for you.  Because you have nothing to offer Asus.  Nothing in your existence could in no way help Asus sell product so why ever would Asus provide you with hardware?

You think that this is 'special treatment' but it's just business.  It's two businesses doing business.

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Yes you are right - Its also about people perception of what is being done by him to gain subs - and at the moment in my small circle of LTT/Tech enthusiasts he's fucked up

see above

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

Why shut it down? If me or you knocked our rigs from the desk we would have to pay for the products we already paid for. I don't see why this should be closed. I'm pointing out an issue - and as I said It was actually raised by a work colleague and I thought, actually he's right - Linus is losing viewers/subs over this which is the threads point!

You are not linus. linus gets free products because it's a win/win situation for both the manufacturer and LTT.

trust me, ASUS is OVERJOYED that their motherboard is featured in an LTT video with over a million views, and that they only had to pay a few hundred dollars to get it there.

he shows these mishaps because it's funny to the majority of his viewers.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, zMeul said:

all doctors don't perform surgery even in surgery they can make mistakes, most don't still my point is that people can be wrong. you are going in a circle. 

Yes you are right - Its also about people's perception of what is being done by him to gain subs - and at the moment in my small circle of LTT/Tech enthusiasts he's fucked up

It's just business. I may not want to see the boards wrecked, but this is entertainment and promotional material as mentioned by others. The amount of money generated by both sides is way more than enough to replace the motherboard. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes you are right - Its also about people perception of what is being done by him to gain subs - and at the moment in my small circle of LTT/Tech enthusiasts he's fucked up

And yet you've fed into it.  You literally made a thread on this forum to draw more attention to the video that he said 'would go viral' to Asus before he even released the video.  This thread right here is just you helping it be more viral.  If he's 'fucked up' why are you feeding the viral video?  'Gosh, I hate what Linus does.  ...Now let me feed into exactly what he does, while I simultaneously protest what he does'.  Why feed into it if you dislike it so?

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It's just business. I may not want to see the boards wrecked, but this is entertainment and promotional material as mentioned by others. The amount of money generated by both sides is way more than enough to replace the motherboard. 

again, but were moving away from the forums' initial intentions

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

And yet you've fed into it.  You literally made a thread on this forum to draw more attention to the video that he said 'would go viral' to Asus before he even released the video.  This thread right here is just you helping it be more viral.  If he's 'fucked up' why are you feeding the viral video?  'Gosh, I hate what Linus does.  ...Now let me feed into exactly what he does, while I simultaneously protest what he does'.  Why feed into it if you dislike it so?

I aint linked any video - I know hes lost at least 10 - 12 subs due to this - tiny/minuscule but that's my friend/geek circle only - I'm in an isolated/tiny place in the UK, Linus is worldwide, anyway I for one have unsubbed due to his lack of respect for tech hardware - sorry if I upset any fans

of course I will still use the forums cause I love you guys :D 

Ryzen Ram Guide

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

the diff between a butcher and a doctor is that one went to medical school and also must uphold and oath, while the other ,,, does splatter analysis for the crime lab and murders people in his spare time

Yet they manage to amputate the wrong leg and do similar stuff from time to time.

Anyhow, you really are always on the extreme side. There is no grey are for you, only black or white? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I aint linked any video - I know hes lost at least 10 - 12 subs due to this - tiny/minuscule but that's my friend/geek circle only - I'm in an isolated/tiny place in the UK, Linus

As if you have to link it?  You made a thread that is ALL about that video.  You have everyone talking about that video.  This thread accomplishes nothing but to further promote the video.  Your thread is going so fast you have a 'HOT' marker on it.  Automated software has literally recognized your accomplishment in promoting this video.  Think about that for a second.

You are literally boasting about how you 'unsubbed' while drawing more attention to the video that you think shouldn't get attention.  You've now moved from 'consuming LTT' to 'selling LTT'.  Congrats.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Yet they manage to amputate the wrong leg and do similar stuff from time to time.

Anyhow, you really are always on the extreme side. There is no grey are for you, only black or white? 

why should be a gray side?

you can't walk with a 1/2 amputated leg

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

again, but were moving away from the forums' initial intentions

I aint linked any video - I know hes lost at least 10 - 12 subs due to this - tiny/minuscule but that's my friend/geek circle only - I'm in an isolated/tiny place in the UK, Linus is worldwide, anyway I for one have unsubbed due to his lack of respect for tech hardware - sorry if I upset any fans

of course I will still use the forums cause I love you guys :D 

Oh Boy! He Lost 10 Subs!!

How will he feed his family?!

but seriously, he gains more subs than he loses from this, and you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. he doesn't try to ruin expensive parts. he just happens to do so due to the insane amount of expensive parts around him.

he requested a second board from ASUS because he needed an AM4 board, and he knew that any company would gladly give one to him, not because Linus was an arrogant prick, but simply because it's simple ROI. if ASUS spends an extra $100 on a board, then they can get literally tens of thousands of dollars in sales from people seeing that board on an LTT video.

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

As if you have to link it?  You made a thread that is ALL about that video.  You have everyone talking about that video.  This thread accomplishes nothing but to further promote the video.  Your thread is going so fast you have a 'HOT' marker on it.  Automated software has literally recognized your accomplishment in promoting this video.  Think about that for a second.

You are literally boasting about how you 'unsubbed' while drawing more attention to the video that you think shouldn't get attention.  You've now moved from 'consuming LTT' to 'selling LTT'.  Congrats.

Now that's stupid.

Discussing something you don't like should be allowed, and OP shouldn't be admonished for bringing up an issue he deems bad with LTT content.

I don't agree with OP, but I don't think your counter argument is valid either.

he was simply expressing his dissatisfaction with LTT ruining expensive stuff, not saying that LTT should be shut down and lynched.

Desktop:

Laptop:

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well fantastic, plenty of people will see my point!

Like I said, it was raised to me by a work colleague, ye he's right ...

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

why should be a gray side?

you can't walk with a 1/2 amputated leg

I was talking about your stance for every single product ever, not the specific doctor case.

Anyhow don't want to derail this super logical thread. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Discussing something you don't like should be allowed, and OP shouldn't be admonished for bringing up an issue he deems bad with LTT content.

Hey now, wait up a second.  I never said that the OP should refrain from further advertising the Ryzen video.  I'm just pointing out that that's what he's doing. :)

I am 100% in favour if his continued efforts to get more people to watch the video even though he doesn't know that that's what he's doing.

Well fantastic, plenty of people will see my point!

Like I said, it was raised to me by a work colleague, ye he's right ...

Keep it up and making LMG will give you a free t-shirt for your continued advertising efforts. :)