Tesla Is Going To Air An Advertisement, But They Won't Be Producing It

iamdarkyoshi

If you guys can think of a better title, go for it :D

As you guys have probably seen, Tesla has never aired an advertisement. But fans have been creating their own advertisements, some of which are actually really impressive!

A fifth grader named Bria wrote to Tesla and Elon Musk, and had the idea of doing a competition for who can create the best ad, and then Tesla will air it.

(Project Naptha is broken for me, so I can't convert this to text)

Capture.PNG

So basically, Tesla will be holding a competition to see who can make the best ad. Here is a good example of what people have done:

Think you can do better?

More sauce: https://electrek.co/2017/03/01/tesla-fan-made-commercial-competition-elon-musk-5th-grader/

Should LMG make an ad?

I feel like an LMG ad would be more like - "One bad thing I can say about it is that it's red; you can also get it in other colours" 

I would love to see what LMG would spit out for this.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

39 minutes ago, manikyath said:

my first thought with an LMG tesla ad: "we dropped it and left it in the rain, it still works, recommended." xD

30 minutes ago, AUniqueName said:

I feel like an LMG ad would be more like - "One bad thing I can say about it is that it's red; you can also get it in other colours" 

4 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

I would love to see what LMG would spit out for this.

I bought a crane so I could drop it! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I wanna see this. The fan on you linked is really good, it looks quite professional.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Fifth grader already into ads...

/doge

if you're on about the kid... i dont think the ad was his work...

There's no such thing as a free lunch BUT HEY, they're such a thing as FREE MARKETING :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

So they spend billions on Solarcity merger and gigafactory, but invest 0$ in marketing?Marketing is actually more important than the product, how do they even make any money?Are there really so many customers interested in Model S and X?

4 hours ago, MyName13 said:

So they spend billions on Solarcity merger and gigafactory, but invest 0$ in marketing?Marketing is actually more important than the product, how do they even make any money?Are there really so many customers interested in Model S and X?

I think they have allowed for their product to speak for itself. I mean any time anyone mentioned electric cars or solar panels (at least for me) a Tesla was brought up in conversation one way or another. Whether through solar city, talking about Elon musk in general, or straight to the Tesla's amazing design, safety, autonomous driving..... His release conferences was marketing enough by simply explaining all the amazing things put into these cars.

When its only electric car that has nearly zero compromises and does 'car stuff' better than manufacturers that have been at it for years *cough GeneralMotors cough* the product really does speak for itself.

I hope they demolish the market. Shit they even allow other people to use their technologies as long as it for the good in humanity and is ethical. He can revoke this whenever he wants but seriously. ANYONE CAN USE THIS STUFF. He help design some the exact technology our generation needed and is basically handing it out for the world to adopt.

Sorry for the long rant. its just exactly how you said it. 'They accomplish all this with zero marketing'. So i have to disagree, if the product can change an entire generations was of life, the marketing is spread through the deepest desires and wishes for humanity... to survive WITH this planet.

That's the point, if they have such high recognition imagine what would happen if they had a marketing campaign.

Anyway where do they get their money from?They have their own car shops, huge charger network, 1 gigafactory, 1 expensive merger, only 2 products for a pretty small market and they won't even be able to produce enough model 3s.Are illuminati funding them?

18 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

That's the point, if they have such high recognition imagine what would happen if they had a marketing campaign.

Anyway where do they get their money from?They have their own car shops, huge charger network, 1 gigafactory, 1 expensive merger, only 2 products for a pretty small market and they won't even be able to produce enough model 3s.Are illuminati funding them?

From my understanding(which doesn't mean much), what makes the gigafactory so great is that is builds everything from raw materials and solar energy. so I assume they are just buying really cheap raw materials and are able to fab them into whatever they want and not spend any money on electricity. The merge with solar city was kinda on the inside. Once again from my understanding, he created Tesla, and his cousin or someone creates solar city. they just merged with the family and shared profits customer base, and combined their technologies for "solar powered factories" and solar houses. And not to mention that one gigsfactory is efficient enough to supply the Tesla demand for the *don't quote me* ?something like the entire north American continent? Canada, US, and Mexico. That's insane!!!! if it not that much then defiantly the USA demand.

Don't forget they are also re imaging how solar energy is being obtained and peoples overall view if what is means to go green. It used to be nasty gawky flat panels that were expensive heavy and not efficient what so ever. Now they moved onto solar panels that you cannot tell apart from regular roof shingles/brick layouts.. and have way more efficiency so that one roof job can essentially power whatever can be kept under it.

Same with the batteries. battery technology has been at a stand still (compared to other technologies) for decades. It moves forward but with a huge price...... not with Tesla.... The power wall is one of the most compact, safe, and powerful batteries ever created(idk the specifics, i just know all batteries sucked until one power wall can power your whole house and Tesla car). and they are stack able. lol EDIT: sorry their is nuclear glass batteries now. but I mean practical battery usage. UPS, AA, AAA, D batteries.... the Powerwall..... lmao

All of these product can be made from raw material straight out of the gigafactory. It just seems like they are extremely smart and tactical with their decisions. And i have to assume they had some sort of starter money back in the day. But hey have been at this plan for years. Now they are going to tackle trucks, utility trucks, public transportation, and big rigs with battery power as explained in the "Elon Musk's master plan part 2"

That ad gave me the chills.... Talented people!

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

4 hours ago, ZackBarletto said:

sorry their is nuclear glass batteries now.

Wait what? Source?

9 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Before Model S and Model X, they had more products.

They've been making products for longer than you think.

Search "Tesla Roadster"

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, sparkle128 said:

I wonder if @LinusTech would be interested in doing a commercial. I can supply the Tesla in YVR and donate some $$$ for its production cost. ;)

Probably not :)

Thanks though!

18 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Probably not :)

Thanks though!

Why not, I already got a slogan for you:

Tesla, Even though it's not as cool as my pink Lambo, it's still pretty cool!

That or you could let Nicky V pimp a Tesla:P Would totally watch that video!

1 hour ago, HarmFull said:

Why not, I already got a slogan for you:

Tesla, Even though it's not as cool as my pink Lambo, it's still pretty cool!

That or you could let Nicky V pimp a Tesla:P Would totally watch that video!

Plzno

On 03/03/2017 at 5:39 AM, MyName13 said:

The thing is Elon Muskhimself is a piece of marketing by himself and an incredible one at that. Just his popularity on Twitter and how imposing he is as a person is worth so much in terms of marketing. Of course, advertisements wouldnt hurt but as it stands right now, it is not necesary.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things