Amazon S3 servers go down

Djole123

Welp, that happened.

09-0610_HPencore_FP_NS.jpg

The Amazon S3 servers went down for unknown reason and it is unknown when will the services come back.

Spoiler

Sites like Imgur and Medium have been affected.

The Verge is reporting that consumers are having difficulties with Alexa and Nest's app that connects to home thermostats.

Ironically, the popular website isitdownrightnow.com, which monitors web functionality, is also down because of the glitch.

Source:

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/national/internet-stumbles-amazon-server-goes-down/vY50hZJ8jsESBNQPD3Ds6L/

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Rip Internets...and rip all my pictures that were uploaded to imgur then posted here :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

lol I've been reading LTT while I try to load an imgur link from reddit. Now it makes sense why the thing refuses to load.

Sites like Imgur and Medium have been affected.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I find it more funny that there's still parts of Nest that run on AWS when they could probably migrate to Google cloud almost for free due to Google owing them.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

There goes their 99.9999999% uptime!

Yea that's actually correct, 7 digits behind the dot and according to them only goes down when the earth explodes.

The servers are down and well, the earth is still here sooo....

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Oh wait...soundcloud is hosted on AWS? 

Neinnnnnnn...that's why half of my 210 song playlist isn't loading ;-; 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I suspect DDOS - the domains are there but they take quite a long time to process the requests

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I suspect DDOS - the domains are there but they take quite a long time to process the requests

If its a DDoS then that's scary as hell, that they could be botnet to kill AWS is fucking dangerous.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

If its a DDoS then that's scary as hell, that they could be botnet to kill AWS is fucking dangerous.

what it would be truly scary if it was carried via Alexa :ph34r:

There goes most of the shitposts on reddit, I wonder if reddit hosts their image service on their own servers or if they offload it to Amazon, I know the site is run on inhouse servers, but not sure about redditmedia or whatever their image host is called

I'm sure North Korea will claim responsibility.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I noticed a bunch of different sites were down earlier. I thought it may have been another large scale ddos. It still may be. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

25 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

No biggie, Amazon only runs half the internet. :P

Some functionality on 9gag and Enjin also got nuked but Enjin is back now

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 hour ago, Kierax said:

I'm sure North Korea will claim responsibility.

Or Russia.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Oh wait...soundcloud is hosted on AWS? 

Neinnnnnnn...that's why half of my 210 song playlist isn't loading ;-; 

Yep, for me neither. They pushed a notification on desktop saying that they are experiencing issues with some "3rd party". Didn't specify

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

what it would be truly scary if it was carries via Alexa :ph34r:

Dude, don't give the hackers ideas. Dangerous. It could be done. I bet that some israeli startup or university will do this in the next 5 yrs.

This is really bad. All my school services are down including all my work stuff. Not good. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Well, today was fun, it halted/slowed down our work. Very Frustrating.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

This caused a major headache at work for me since the University I work for uses Amazons servers to host our online courses. Luckily it has come online for us last minute before classes needed to come online. Wonder what the issue was to cause them to go down.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

1 hour ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Some functionality on 9gag and Enjin also got nuked but Enjin is back now

And I couldn't download some mod files off Github. Amazon is really used for allll kinds of little things around the internet.