AMD Capsaicin And Cream Stream "Countdown"

SammoFS
Just now, goodtofufriday said:

Why does amd need to rush their product launch because of the 1080ti? Oh right they dont. And this wasn't expected to be a product launch. That would take attention away from ryzen, which would be stupid. 

A lot of people are waiting for them to release something to counter NV in the high end. Or at least lower prices. NV has been unchallenged for almost 1 year all alone. This event is separate from Zen anyways.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I think it's more of not showing anything tangible that people actually care more about. It also would not take attention away from Ryzen - dunno why you would think that.

I think better performance from half the memory is pretty tangible... And lets say they released a date for vega, then people may cancel their pre-orders, or delay purchasing ryzen until vega. Thats not something they want. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

A lot of people are waiting for them to release something to counter NV in the high end. Or at least lower prices. NV has been unchallenged for almost 1 year all alone. This event is separate from Zen anyways.

Again, no one was expecting a product launch. For a long time its been expected at the end of Q1. You nor anyone else should have expected this to be the release.

And lets say they released a date for vega, then people may cancel their pre-orders, or delay purchasing ryzen until vega. Thats not something they want. 

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I think better performance from half the memory is pretty tangible... 

Not really. Their memory modules are already overkill and it's kinda expected.

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

And lets say they released a date for vega, then people may cancel their pre-orders, or delay purchasing ryzen until vega. Thats not something they want. 

That literally makes no sense in my opinion. I don't see why anyone would cancel a Ryzen pre-order and wait for Vega?

Lol

ItqOlCnc1D-amd-fanboy-vega.gif

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Again, no one was expecting a product launch. For a long time its been expected at the end of Q1. You nor anyone else should have expected this to be the release.

Will it help if now ppl buy RyZen and 1080s or 1070s so they won't buy Vega(n) later

Just now, Kloaked said:

Not really. Their memory modules are already overkill and it's kinda expected.

That literally makes no sense in my opinion. I don't why anyone would cancel a Ryzen pre-order and wait for Vega?

But it has nothing to do with the memory modules and everything to do with caching... this wasn't expected. 

Because consumers are finicky like that. And you don't want to chance it either way.

Just now, goodtofufriday said:

Because consumers are finicky like that. And you don't want to chance it either way.

I don't follow.

AMD, get Ryzen's marketing team on Vega. They know how to market properly.

Ye ole' train

15 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I don't follow.

In a nutshell, if AMD thought it wouldnt affect RYZEN launch, then they would have shown more vega. 

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well if its anything like the launch of the 10 series from NVIDIA then yah lol

probably. It will most likely going to catch up to Pascal, but not beat it, and be priced JUST a bit cheaper to make it the price to perf value option.

Look man i think it will surpass Pascal, propably 60-70% of Volta GPUs, Nvidia's next Gen which will be released in about 12-16 months or so, but it will be much much cheaper.

Remember Ryzen Pricing, 650$-800$ they said for the 1800X for 80-90% of the performance of a 6900K, it was 500$, so lets say the same math applies here, we could get a GTX 1080 comp which retails at 700$ on avg for 449$, that really disruptive.

Imagine a GTX 1070 which retails 500$ and is insanely powerful card for 90% of the users, for 299$, that would be incredible value.

On top of that Vulkan along with Ryzen will make it an absolute machine for gaming and proffesional applicastion for under 1000$, which for Intel+Nvidia is at least 2000$.

Isn't nVIDIA having a stream later? When's that on? Hmm I hope it doesn't conflict with Awesome Hardware.

1 minute ago, JamieOlive said:

Look man i think it will surpass Pascal, propably 60-70% of Volta GPUs, Nvidia's next Gen which will be released in about 12-16 months or so, but it will be much much cheaper.

Remember Ryzen Pricing, 650$-800$ they said for the 1800X for 80-90% of the performance of a 6900K, it was 500$, so lets say the same math applies here, we could get a GTX 1080 comp which retails at 700$ on avg for 449$, that really disruptive.

Imagine a GTX 1070 which retails 500$ and is insanely powerful card for 90% of the users, for 299$, that would be incredible value.

On top of that Vulkan along with Ryzen will make it an absolute machine for gaming and proffesional applicastion for under 1000$, which for Intel+Nvidia is at least 2000$.

I don't think you can look at what they did with Ryzen and appy it to what RTG will do with Vega.

RTG has no history of largely undercutting Nvidia prices, and doesn't have the same need to buy back market share and reputation that their CPU line did.

1 minute ago, -BirdiE- said:

I don't think you can look at what they did with Ryzen and appy it to what RTG will do with Vega.

RTG has no history of largely undercutting Nvidia prices, and doesn't have the same need to buy back market share and reputation that their CPU line did

I think they want to disrupt the market. Raja said it at least a dozen times, Lisa Su said it a few dozen in Ryzen presentation.

I agree that Radeon has more market share, correct me but it is 75%-25% currently if I am not mistaken, i read it a few days earlier.

I think AMD's whole plan is to be the leader in the CPU AND GPU world for the next 15-20 months. Thats propably twice the time Intel and Nvidia will take to retaliate and in that meantime build the platform,stuff on Vulkan and how Ryzen and Vega along with Vulkan will change the gaming industry, and make their products better as well, then I think they will start taking their prices up a bit in their 3rd Gen for Vega and Ryzen respectivly.

I believe Ryzen will make AMD go toe to toe with Intel by the year's end, and with Nvidia by the first half of 2018, and I mean like 50%-50%. 

8 minutes ago, JamieOlive said:

I think they want to disrupt the market. Raja said it at least a dozen times, Lisa Su said it a few dozen in Ryzen presentation.

I agree that Radeon has more market share, correct me but it is 75%-25% currently if I am not mistaken, i read it a few days earlier.

I think AMD's whole plan is to be the leader in the CPU AND GPU world for the next 15-20 months. Thats propably twice the time Intel and Nvidia will take to retaliate and in that meantime build the platform,stuff on Vulkan and how Ryzen and Vega along with Vulkan will change the gaming industry, and make their products better as well, then I think they will start taking their prices up a bit in their 3rd Gen for Vega and Ryzen respectivly.

I believe Ryzen will make AMD go toe to toe with Intel by the year's end, and with Nvidia by the first half of 2018, and I mean like 50%-50%. 

I think AMD's Ryzen strategy is going to go well for them. It will take Intel time to react to these prices. They can't just drop the price since they've sold a ton to resellers (Retailers, as well as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) already... So they'd either have to wait for all those to sell, OR they would have to issue rebates to all the resellers and explain to their investers why the earnings they reported are no longer accurate. It will take Intel a while to drop their prices, and in the mean time AMD will have captured back a sizable amount of market share.

With that being said, I think that was simply due to the dire state of their CPU line. RTG might be 25% to 75% with Nvidia, but their CPU line was probably 3% to 97% with Intel. Not to mention that it works much better against Intel because they pretty recently released Kaby Lake, where Nvidia has Volta looming... making it much easier for them to combat AMD prices. I don't think it would be nearly as effective, and would simply cost AMD revenue they pretty desperately need.

AMD's hoodie, Raja is wearing. The color design look so familiar, hmmm.....

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

25 minutes ago, JamieOlive said:

ahaha you're fucking hillarious man. Dunno what you are smoking, but i want it. I WANT IT ALL!!

8 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

I think AMD's Ryzen strategy is going to go well for them. It will take Intel time to react to these prices. They can't just drop the price since they've sold a ton to resellers (Retailers, as well as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) already... So they'd either have to wait for all those to sell, OR they would have to issue rebates to all the resellers and explain to their investers why the earnings they reported are no longer accurate. It will take Intel a while to drop their prices, and in the mean time AMD will have captured back a sizable amount of market share.

With that being said, I think that was simply due to the dire state of their CPU line. RTG might be 25% to 75% with Nvidia, but their CPU line was probably 3% to 97% with Intel. Not to mention that it works much better against Intel because they pretty recently released Kaby Lake, where Nvidia has Volta looming... making it much easier for them to combat AMD prices. I don't think it would be nearly as effective, and would simply cost AMD revenue they pretty desperately need.

no, AMD has had a healthy 18-26% market share in the CPU market since 2012 according to forbes/pew and some other publications. AMD has been able to stay on Newegg and Amazons top selling CPU list with their FX cpus, simply due to price AND "eit corz"...

Any info on performance?

If they are avoiding the subject it's a bad sign, the demos they have shown so far have looked bad in terms of performance.

Just now, Humbug said:

Any info on performance?

If they are avoiding the subject it's a bad sign, the demos they have shown so far have looked bad in terms of performance.

it seems this was more focused on the industry people than us 

15 minutes ago, Prysin said:

no, AMD has had a healthy 18-26% market share in the CPU market since 2012 according to forbes/pew and some other publications.

It's definitely higher than I thought it was.

According to PCWorld, it was at 12.1% 4Q2015.

I'm having trouble finding much other information.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3060666/hardware/how-amd-is-ressurecting-itself-as-a-formidable-rival-to-intel.html

27 minutes ago, Prysin said:

no, AMD has had a healthy 18-26% market share in the CPU market since 2012 according to forbes/pew and some other publications. AMD has been able to stay on Newegg and Amazons top selling CPU list with their FX cpus, simply due to price AND "eit corz"...

Man with their 300mm2 die I actually don't want to know what margins they have. Probably 0.02% LOLZ

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

what a freaking dissapointment...  i had to go for a few hours so im a bit late but this. was. a. dissapointment. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what a freaking dissapointment...  i had to go for a few hours so im a bit late but this. was. a. dissapointment. 

They did mention something about access to some service for gaming, with some element of play for free.  All I saw is Free Vega GPUs for everyone!