AMD Capsaicin And Cream Stream "Countdown"

SammoFS

I hope you'll join me in this. AMD Will be streaming soon (within one hour and 30 minutes.) 

MANY Speculations that Vega info/release date will be announced here. 

EDIT/TIMELINE: (Thanks to rattacko123 for this.) 

Timeline:

17:53 Stream begins

19:00 Raja talks about afterparty and history of capsaicin

24:09 Raja starts talking about Vega, no Vega product launch today.

25:40 Vega Architecture

27:00 the Sword of bahubali (indian movie), VR movie rendered in real time.

30:02 bahubali vega rendering in real time, actually begins 30:40

31:57 willhelm scream, raja talks about realtime VR capture using Vega + Ryzen

35:17 Vega High-Bandwidth Cache Controller, Drivers are ready for performance enhancing features.

36:33 Demo of HBCC on vs off, in memory limited scenarios (2GB VRAM used in a 4GB recommended game)

38:16 Rapid Packed Math (Vega feature)

39:30 Rapid Packed Math on vs off in tressfx. >Double the hairs!!

40:52 Radeon Virtualized Encode, partnering with liquidsky to stream games to millions of gamers using GPU virtualization technology

43:20 Ian McLoughlin LiquidSky CEO playing Battlefield 1 on a surface pro, streaming from cloud server. The experience of a high end GPU for the masses (assuming you have a fast internet connection :P), worlds first free gaming streaming service using ads with your game playing experience. HBCC is very good for this because they can restrict the amount of memory significantly with little performance impact.

46:50 Raja moving away from vega ;-; (Vega Summary)

48:58 Sniper Elite 4 Developer Presentation, Chris Kingsley begins

49:30, Dual RX 480 with 100% scaling

52:20 radeon pro duo, in relation to Sniper Elite 4 development, DX12

53:40 Raja talks about Ryzen, 8 cores is good

54:44 Dan Baker Oxide Games, apparently he is a vocalist or something, 100% usage on 16 threads. Nitrous Engine excellent multi-threading and DX12 focus.

59:05 Roy Taylor: Leaping forward in VR. Screen door effect breaking immersion, developing is a set of trade offs (high framerate vs high game entities vs high resolution). Asynchronous reprojection.

1:02:46 Dan O'Brien: HTC Vive, Async Reprojection in Steam VR, new tracker,

1:05:25 Frank Vitz: New AMD employee, Unreal Engine, Deferred vs Forward Rendering. Forward rendering removes overhead (increases fps) and improves Anti Aliasing quality. Robo Recall

1:10:00 Tom Sanocki: VR movie, using subsurface scattering.

1:13:18 Hess Barber: Unreal engine version 4.15 with forward renderer. Gameplay footage of ROM Extraction: Overrun. ROM Extraction 75% off ($5) during GDC on steam.

1:18:41 Creators of Raw Data for HTC vive and oculus (Nathan Burba): New game, Sprint Vector. Forward rendering is also a topic here.

1:22:58 Kyle Bennett: "Inside VR" TV show, documenting VR development/ecosystem. Ryzen is able to provide compelling VR experiences.

1:28:38 Raja is back! Raja talks about collaborating with Bethesda (id Software) with DOOM, which was a highly optimized vulkan title with excellent AMD optimization.

1:31:20 Partnership with Bethesda to optimize their titles for AMD Ryzen and Radeon. Engineering collaboration, not a marketing strategy (like AMD evolved for example). Long term strategic relationship. Raphael Colantonio, talks about Prey, currently being optimized with help from AMD engineers. Raja is excited for what Bethesda will release in the future. Bethesda partnership is huge

1:34:39 Raja announces an extra spicy announcement which is the Vega GPU name: Radeon RX Vega. The audience gets Vega T-shirts. Spicy food and great ice cream in after party.

1:38:00 Stream ends.

9 hours later: everyone gets drunk in after party

TL;DR

A few AMD Vega architecture details are shown, shows demos of how the memory performs well in memory restricted scenarios and shows much better performance in maths heavy scenarios like Tress fx which needs calculation for each individual hair. AMD has managed to get Vega drivers working, so no more of those "fiji-drivers" that were used during CES. Vega is good for virtualization scenarios, so AMD partnered with LiquidSky and now game streaming will be available to millions of people for free, but with ads. A bunch of VR stuff is mentioned. The rest of the livestream talks about developer relations: VR developers, developers optimizing for AMD hardware, and major Bethesda Partnership.

The product name of Vega is revealed but no other details about the product are announced. All we know is expected performance (gtx 1080+) and a vague release date of Q2 2017.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

oh nice, only about 40 min untill we see Vega get even more hyped about AMD lol. hope they can do the same thing with GPUs they did with CPUs lol but i doubt that, but imagine a 1070 for $300 lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

oh nice, only about 40 min untill we see Vega get even more hyped about AMD lol. hope they can do the same thing with GPUs they did with CPUs lol but i doubt that, but imagine a 1070 for $300 lol

They'll speak about vega probs but we dont know if they will release any info bout' it

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

They'll speak about vega probs but we dont know if they will release any info bout' it

Vega release is im pretty sure confirmed ComputeX atleats. but yah they promised Vega talk and i hope we can see some early benchmarks or something and some technical info :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

I hope they talk about what graphics they will use on Ryzen-based APUs, but it might be a bit early for that still.

1 minute ago, Okjoek said:

I hope they talk about what graphics they will use on Ryzen-based APUs, but it might be a bit early for that still.

17 minutes left

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Prysin said:

This is totally gonna be a "OMFG IWANT" and by the end of the video "damn"

Welp they're live. just a count down atm

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

This is totally gonna be a "OMFG IWANT" and by the end of the video "damn"

well if its anything like the launch of the 10 series from NVIDIA then yah lol

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well if its anything like the launch of the 10 series from NVIDIA then yah lol

probably. It will most likely going to catch up to Pascal, but not beat it, and be priced JUST a bit cheaper to make it the price to perf value option.

Just now, Prysin said:

probably. It will most likely going to catch up to Pascal, but not beat it, and be priced JUST a bit cheaper to make it the price to perf value option.

i think it has potential to beat NVIDIA for once, i hope it does but im sceptical, they will probably have a card thats mid way between the 1070 and 1080 though

Builds:

Spoiler

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

We're within ten minutes, noobs.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

We're within ten minutes, noobs.

We're within 8 minutes. 7 MINUTES 30 SECONDS AND COUNTING!!!!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

WITHIN 6 MINUTES!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

It's beginning to look a lot like GPU Day

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

WITHIN 5 MINUTES!

O M F G B !

Just now, Swatson said:

ofc

WITHIN 5 MINUTES!

WITHIN 4 MINS! HYPEEEE

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

O M F G B !

wtf is your youtube name i wanna yell at you in chat lmao throughout this spam

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Swatson said:

yep, NVIDIA event just a while after

Builds:

Spoiler

Tres minutos!

Just you wait lads
More Vega goodness.
It's starting right now.

"If you ain't first, you're last"