How to keep my cat off my tower!

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is cats jumping on cases really that common of a problem?

I used to have a Define R4 awhile ago when my cat was still alive and she would constantly sit on the power switch or accidentally step on it when jumping onto the case. 

If you have a cat, top io is a bad idea. 

I have the exact way to do it - Get a piece of aluminum foil that is a little crumpled, but flat enough to put on top of your PC case. This will ensure that when he lands on top, he will probably get scared from the crinkling noise and jump off. If you really need to go further, you can put a piece of paper on top and put upside-down tape on top, so that when he jumps up on it, it will stick tape to his feet. Cats HATE this. I had the same problem and this solved it for me. :) 

26 minutes ago, SamStrecker said:

Lol. I watched my cat get hit by a semi at 55mph. I also listened to my cat crawl into an industrial fan. I also witnessed the after math of my cat getting run over by a car tire. I have had many cats. Now I have become numb to animal deaths

holy fuck

16 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Well it is a box and a cat we are talking about here. 

But a computer case is sealed so unlike a box a kitty can't sit inside it.

13 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Because it doesn't see you as superior to itself. You're essentially a subordinate in the eyes of the dog.

You need to show the dog you're also a master here and are above it in the hierarchy.

Can take up to 6 months to train a dog to change its mindset on something. Better start now~

http://www.dogfoodinsider.com/become-a-pack-leader/

I've been living here far longer than him...  They got the bastard as a puppy.

He used to be afraid of me.  It was nice.  He stayed away from me and I didn't so much as look at him.  

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Not when you cover your case in contact explosive and keep a Taser nearby in case they get through.

Your mind has strange ideas.  ?

6 minutes ago, nadecatcher said:

basically yeah he will do that shit LOL

That's why bunnies are best.  The worst the bunny I used to have did was chew on lamp cords.  

4 minutes ago, crysilis said:

use a traditional chinese cooking method

No!    Friends not food!  ?

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I used to have a Define R4 awhile ago when my cat was still alive and she would constantly sit on the power switch or accidentally step on it when jumping onto the case. 

If you have a cat, top io is a bad idea. 

Perhaps OP needs a case without a flat top?  Something less easy to sit on.

56 minutes ago, nadecatcher said:

GRRRRR 

Okay, Guys

i'm new here this is my first post, But i have been watching linus since his NCIX days. I need some help here pronto! My damn cat wont stop jumping on my new tower i just built. I didn't mind it before with my old PC because it was getting to the point to where I no longer cared about it anymore lol, but my new tower is in the gloss black finished s340 case and i'm afraid he is going to scratch it. Not to mention about 50% of his jumps onto my PC he hits the power button and my PC starts to shut down during a gaming session. This is become a pretty serious problem actually, he will inadvertently shut my PC off at least 4-5 times a night. So if anyone could be so kind and share with me ways you keep your cat off your tower, PLEASE let me know.

THANKS! :):)

Make it colder

21 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Perhaps OP needs a case without a flat top?  Something less easy to sit on.

Or citrus cleaning product scent around the pc since cats don't like citrus. 

1 hour ago, nadecatcher said:

GRRRRR 

Okay, Guys

i'm new here this is my first post, But i have been watching linus since his NCIX days. I need some help here pronto! My damn cat wont stop jumping on my new tower i just built. I didn't mind it before with my old PC because it was getting to the point to where I no longer cared about it anymore lol, but my new tower is in the gloss black finished s340 case and i'm afraid he is going to scratch it. Not to mention about 50% of his jumps onto my PC he hits the power button and my PC starts to shut down during a gaming session. This is become a pretty serious problem actually, he will inadvertently shut my PC off at least 4-5 times a night. So if anyone could be so kind and share with me ways you keep your cat off your tower, PLEASE let me know.

I put my PC under my desk.

I close the door to my room so the cat can't get in.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

26 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Or citrus cleaning product scent around the pc since cats don't like citrus. 

Really?    That's interesting.  I wonder why?  ?

Too bad though.  No grapefruit for kitties...  ?  (I love grapefruit.)    Haven't had it in years though.  

21 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Get an SSSCat.

What's that?  lol

theres a device you can see on buildings above doorways to keep birds from shitting all over the place. cant remember the proper name but its basically like a bed of nails where all the spikes make it an undesirable place to rest on

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

39 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Really?    That's interesting.  I wonder why?  ?

Too bad though.  No grapefruit for kitties...  ?  (I love grapefruit.)    Haven't had it in years though.  

What's that?  lol

Pretty much the most entertaining way to keep your cats off of stuff. Its a motion activated can of flamable gas :D My cats respond to me making a PFFFFT noise now:

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Pretty much the most entertaining way to keep your cats off of stuff. Its a motion activated can of flamable gas :D My cats respond to me making a PFFFFT noise now:

Poor kitties...  lol

Are you sure it's flammable?    I mean the goal is to get them off a surface not light them on fire.  ?

I have the exact same problem... My case is NZXT S340, and my cat keeps scratching the top panel.....

When I'm using the computer, I stop her from climbing up my desk. When I'm not using my pc, I just put my keyboard on top so that at least she can't scratch the top panel

2 hours ago, nadecatcher said:

GRRRRR 

Okay, Guys

Put some strong double sided tape (Or something sticky) on where ever the cat go's to and the cat will eventually know it as a no-no spot lol. You can always wipe ur tower if it gets sticky. I recommend using duct tape as its stronger and if you use normal tape the cat might not notice it.

PC Specs:

CPU: i9 10850k

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490-A

Ram: 32GB DDR4 4000MHz

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G 

Case: Cooler Master: MasterCase H500P

Storage: 4TB NVME SSD, 8TB HDD, 500gb SSD

PSU: Corsair AX1600i

Monitor: ACER X34P 34" and LG 34" 34UC88-B Curved LED Monitor (stacked)

CPU Cooler: Cougar Helor 360

Peripherals:

Keyboard: CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Speakers: Sound BlasterX Katana V2

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Poor kitties...  lol

Are you sure it's flammable?    I mean the goal is to get them off a surface not light them on fire.  ?

I saw a picture of flame on the bottle, and yeah, they can be turned into PIR flamethrowers

38 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I saw a picture of flame on the bottle, and yeah, they can be turned into PIR flamethrowers

It might mean the propellant is flammable?  ?

8 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Lol. I watched my cat get hit by a semi at 55mph. I also listened to my cat crawl into an industrial fan. I also witnessed the after math of my cat getting run over by a car tire. I have had many cats. Now I have become numb to animal deaths

When I was 7 I watched one of my kittens cough up its guts and die

16 hours ago, nadecatcher said:

GRRRRR 

Okay, Guys

Just get rid of it? Nothing horrible, just like, give it to a lonely old lady or something. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

23 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

But a computer case is sealed so unlike a box a kitty can't sit inside it.

a crock pot is optimal

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Just now, crysilis said:

a crock pot is optimal

Don't you start with that eating pets nonsense.  ?

Bad whatever you are!  Bad!  lol