Are Case Fans really necessary?

Im about to buy a Gaming PC with the case of NZXT Noctis 450 Case and wonder if case fans does any good? feel free to leave suggestions on both why there good or bad!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HxvjsJ <--- My PC that im about to buy 

Budget: $1400

Theme: Blue/White

TL;DW, after 3 fans theres no performance benefit

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I've seen videos where CPU temps were really affected by the number of fans. However, the difference between fans decreased each time.  After 3 fans adding them made almost no difference. 

It's going to depend a lot on the case, CPU, and cooler you have. 

Edit: Lol ninjad

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Lol ninjad

;)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

TL;DW, after 3 fans theres no performance benefit

It really depends on the scenario also... In a case like that, ya 3 fans is probably plenty but if you've got a dual GPU setup, all this shit cluttering your case, more would for sure benefit and even in smaller cases.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

33 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I've seen videos where CPU temps were really affected by the number of fans. However, the difference between fans decreased each time.  After 3 fans adding them made almost no difference. 

It's going to depend a lot on the case, CPU, and cooler you have. 

Edit: Lol ninjad

CPU i5 7600k (will be overclocking)

Cooler A40 Ultimate

Case NZXT Noctis 450 White

7 minutes ago, DYGaming said:

CPU i5 7600k (will be overclocking)

Cooler A40 Ultimate

Case NZXT Noctis 450 White

You will absolutely need at least two case fans. Overclocking a Kaby Lake CPU is going to lead to lots of heat. If you are very concerned about noise and don't mind spending some extra money, I suggest these. They're incredibly quiet because they use magnets greatly limiting friction. 

Edit: Didn't realize that's a water cooler. It's going to make plenty of noise on its own, so I assume that's not an issue. Just get two cheaper 140mm fans for your GPU. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Choosing the right fan for the job is far more important then filling every available fan slots on a given case.

Quality over quantity.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

9 minutes ago, DYGaming said:

guys is the  CRYORIG QF120 Balance 49.0 CFM 120mm Fan enough to cool down the CPU?

CPU: i7 7700k (Will be overclocking)

Cooler: cryorig a40 ultimate

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

I just want to clear something up. Are you concerned about noise? 

To my opinion case fans are necessery only if you have heat that stays inside the case, if you use a water cooler for the CPU and you use a let say GTX 1070/1080 seahawk or other GPU that is water cooled so the case fans won't be so necessery. 
Now according to ypur build you will need at least 2 case fans because of the GTX 1070, all the heat that it will genrate wiil stay in the case. 

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I just want to clear something up. Are you concerned about noise? 

im fine if it is about 30-35 give or take

5 minutes ago, shairene said:

To my opinion case fans are necessery only if you have heat that stays inside the case, if you use a water cooler for the CPU and you use a let say GTX 1070/1080 seahawk or other GPU that is water cooled so the case fans won't be so necessery. 
Now according to ypur build you will need at least 2 case fans because of the GTX 1070, all the heat that it will genrate wiil stay in the case. 

thanks.. I've updated it to this build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xbx2Z8

The Blue Vortexes are good. 

The stock FN V2 case fans are very middle of the road when it comes to performance and are relatively smooth sounding for bundled fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.