AMD Ryzen Confirmed Launch Date and Pricing, 28/2/2017!!

JamieOlive
1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah it does, i'll stop buying Intel products. I don't support companies who abuse their position in a market.

The funny thing is, you can't buy AMD either, because AMD licenses Intel's technology. By proxy, by buying AMD you are supporting Intel.

I mean I guess the other way around works too since Intel has to license x64 from AMD.

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah it does, i'll stop buying Intel products. I don't support companies who abuse their position in a market.

You don't anyway based on your profile so your boycott is pointless as you wouldn't have anyway

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

You don't anyway based on your profile so your boycott is pointless as you wouldn't have anyway

Recently bought an Intel laptop lol, and an SSD... So um no, I have nothing against Intel. I just will if they drop the prices dramatically due to Ryzen. Because that deeply hurts consumers due to it dropping the resale value. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Recently bought an Intel laptop lol, and an SSD... So um no, I have nothing against Intel. I just will if they drop the prices dramatically due to Ryzen. Because that deeply hurts consumers due to it dropping the resale value. 

Why would Intel's price drop when in reaction to Ryzen affect resale value anymore than Ryzen's release already does. If a Ryzen CPU performs better than an intel CPU at a lower cost, then that resale value will go down, or atleast should on paper 

25 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Also, can't wait to see budget builds with those 4C CPUs! Four real cores for 130$! This is one step closer to the death of dual cores, and I couldn't be happier.

Alright, sign me up for that mate!!!

35 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I work that way. And I am a consumer. If Intel can more then afford to massively drop their prices on their product due to new competition then I will obviously know that they were abusing their position in the market with no regard to their customers. 

Businesses are businesses, they need to make money, I know that. I know R&D is expensive, but there is a difference of making a profit and abusing a position in a market.

Allright first of all, Intel and Nvidia are abusaing their position in the market for at least 4-5 years now.

Secondly, if you run a firm as a somewhat monopolitic provider of a service or product, wouldn't you charge as much as the average person is willing to pay for your product.Think medicine they charge you whatever they like, raise prizes whenever they like and you can't do anything.

Intel in a lesser extend has donhe ythe same with CPUs.

There is one thinng that makes me scared though guys. Obviously Intel will not sit idle, I think RYZEN is gonna dominate the market for lets say 6-10 months, but then INTEL is gonna introduce 9nth Gen i7 and x299 chips and they are gonna be ridiculous guys, if AMD doesn't profit quickly and retaliates quick enough after Intel 9th Gen release its GAME OVER FOR EVER....!!!

And that is the reason why Ryzen musts succeed, no matter what!!!

23 minutes ago, JamieOlive said:

I think RYZEN is gonna dominate the market for lets say 6-10 months, but then INTEL is gonna introduce 9nth Gen i7 and x299 chips and they are gonna be ridiculous guys, if AMD doesn't profit quickly and retaliates quick enough after Intel 9th Gen release its GAME OVER FOR EVER....!!!

I would agree that if this stuff is true, AMD will do well in the price to performance segment, but I don't think they will "dominate" anything really.

Thanks for the prices

I'm trying to find the differences between these:

AMD Ryzen 5 1300 4/8 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz N/A $175
AMD Ryzen 3 1200X 4/4 8MB 65W TBA 3.4GHz 3.8GHz $149
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 4/4 8MB 65W TBA TBA N/A TBA
AMD Ryzen 3 1100 4/4 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz N/A $129

See how the Ryzen 3 1200x is 150$? But the Ryzen 3 1100 is 129$? But they are both 4cores and 4threads. So what's the point? Just a higher clockspeed? 

But then that begs the question, if we can just overclock the Ryzen 3 1100 passed the 1200X's MHZ speed, why spend the 150$? We can just buy the 129$ and OC, theoretically right?

13 minutes ago, BaalRunz said:

Thanks for the prices

I'm trying to find the differences between these:

AMD Ryzen 5 1300 4/8 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz N/A $175
AMD Ryzen 3 1200X 4/4 8MB 65W TBA 3.4GHz 3.8GHz $149
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 4/4 8MB 65W TBA TBA N/A TBA
AMD Ryzen 3 1100 4/4 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz N/A $129

See how the Ryzen 3 1200x is 150$? But the Ryzen 3 1100 is 129$? But they are both 4cores and 4threads. So what's the point? Just a higher clockspeed? 

But then that begs the question, if we can just overclock the Ryzen 3 1100 passed the 1200X's MHZ speed, why spend the 150$? We can just buy the 129$ and OC, theoretically right?

The 1200X chip has automatic overclocking based on your cooling solution, if the rumors are true and the X at the end stand for that.

4 minutes ago, MrStrul3 said:

The 1200X chip has automatic overclocking based on your cooling solution, if the rumors are true and the X at the end stand for that.

Automatic overclocking, what the fuck? Wait, is that different than intel's turbo boost technology?

3 minutes ago, BaalRunz said:

Thanks. I don't have a good feeling about that, I want to be in 100% control of my cpu's power voltage/etc

XFR will probably have an option to be disabled so that you can set your own overclock.

7 hours ago, JamieOlive said:

actual and conrfirmed

what about an WCCF article is confirmed :P 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

These look very competitive indeed, can't wait for confirmation about it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'm planning to build my first computer with the release of Ryzen, I've got my sights set on that 1400x. If these prices are correct, it'll be $40 cheaper than the 7600k I would otherwise get, but with the additional hyperthreading. If mobos are cheaper as well, that will help influence my decision. The only question that I have left is actual gaming performance. I'm not concerned that the 7600k may still be better, but if it is better, what is the margin? Does the price advantage of Ryzen appeal more than the performance edge of the 7600k, if there is one?

Whether I choose AMD or Intel, I'm thrilled to build my first computer.

I feel like they have way to many choices for the average joe they won't understand anything hell even now I know what they do but quite a few of these feel pointless and some at some price point will choose intel just cuz they need the speed/cores the lower end Amd got you covered but in way to many places...

6 hours ago, corevo said:

I'm planning to build my first computer with the release of Ryzen, I've got my sights set on that 1400x. If these prices are correct, it'll be $40 cheaper than the 7600k I would otherwise get, but with the additional hyperthreading. If mobos are cheaper as well, that will help influence my decision. The only question that I have left is actual gaming performance. I'm not concerned that the 7600k may still be better, but if it is better, what is the margin? Does the price advantage of Ryzen appeal more than the performance edge of the 7600k, if there is one?

Whether I choose AMD or Intel, I'm thrilled to build my first computer.

It won't differ much in gaming performance really though your graphics card will matter way more.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

14 hours ago, BaalRunz said:

Thanks. I don't have a good feeling about that, I want to be in 100% control of my cpu's power voltage/etc

Well technically, XFR is similar to nVidia's GPU boost, but for CPUs. 
If you want full control, you get the non-X version and OC it how you see fit.

X versions are going to be for people that have a bit of knowledge when it comes to computers, but don't want to bother with OCing. 

Non-Xs should be the bang for the buck, while the X versions should be the "max performance/safe choices".

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I hope the sales tilt the scales in AMDs favour at launch to force an Intel price drop, so don't want to pay $500 AUD for a 7700k.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

How long will it take before the prices from intel lower? I'm in Europe so it will take a while I guess... what do you think? 

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

How long will it take before the prices from intel lower? Or is it not 100% sure the prices will lower? 

No guarantee, but if Intel's PC builder sales dry up they will have to do something.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

38 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

X versions are going to be for people that have a bit of knowledge when it comes to computers, but don't want to bother with OCing. 

Non-Xs should be the bang for the buck, while the X versions should be the "max performance/safe choices".

That depends if amd will bin the cpus or not

1 hour ago, TorqueS said:

You will still be able to OC X variants. XFR will work not much different to how Intel's TurboBoost works with OC, you set the max multiplier and the CPU will boost up to that. You can disable those boost/power state features but you don't really want your CPU running at 100% multiplier all the time.

22 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You will still be able to OC X variants. XFR will work not much different to how Intel's TurboBoost works with OC, you set the max multiplier and the CPU will boost up to that. You can disable those boost/power state features but you don't really want your CPU running at 100% multiplier all the time.

Yeah but all I was saying is that X variants would cost more if users did not want to bother with manual OC. They would still be able to squeeze more performance out of their CPUs, but they will miss the fine-tuning of manual OCing(even if you could still OC X chips normally), thus the price difference and X CPUs' place in the market.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

4 minutes ago, TorqueS said:

Yeah but all I was saying is that X variants would cost more if users did not want to bother with manual OC. They would still be able to squeeze more performance out of their CPUs, but they will miss the fine-tuning of manual OCing(even if you could still OC X chips normally), thus the price difference and X CPUs' place in the market.

That is a much better explanation :). Was just a little concerned that it looked like you were saying we couldn't have the fine control if using an X, which would suck. Will be very interesting to see reviewers OC X and non-X variants, however don't the X variants have 95W TDP and non-X 65W TDP? Might actually meaning nothing but there may be something to that.