I broke another key today...(PLEASE REPLY)

As the topic says, I always end up breaking the key mechanism when trying to snap back the keys. I don't fucking know why. Why the fuck does this happen to me? The keys just won't snap back! 

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

11 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

As the topic says, I always end up breaking the key mechanism when trying to snap back the keys. I don't fucking know why. Why the fuck does this happen to me? The keys just won't snap back! 

they arent meant to be taken off?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

6 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

they should be imo.

Why does this happen to me? That is the question!

9 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

They are meant to be taken off. The people who has the same laptop model as me, said they can take off the keys.

What specific laptop model are we dealing with here?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nevermind, I can finally put back keys.

I have a ativ book 8. Today I broke the k key while trying to detach the k key. This is the 3rd key i've broke on my laptop.

Why does this happen to me?

2 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

I have a ativ book 8. Today I broke the k key while trying to detach the k key. This is the 3rd key i've broke on my laptop.

Why does this happen to me?

Why do you keep taking keys off if you keep breaking them?

1 minute ago, Unexas. said:

Why do you keep taking keys off if you keep breaking them?

Because everyone knows how to take off keys.

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

Apparently you don't.

2 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

R U mad?!

I didn't know what to put here...

So should I buy a cheap keyboard for $3 or should I get the keyboard fixed for $60? My mom usually scolds me if I tell her that I need to fix my computer using my money.

7 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

So should I buy a cheap keyboard for $3 or should I get the keyboard fixed for $60? My mom usually scolds me if I tell her that I need to fix my computer using my money. Maybe she has a fucking cancer.

Coming from the other post you just made, you might want to calm down before writing any more or calling your mother out for having cancer which she most probably doesn't have.

19 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

Clearly you don't? Why are you taking keys off anyways? 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

9 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Clearly you don't? Why are you taking keys off anyways? 

To clean the bread crumbs and dusts inside the computer

The ATIV Book 8 is impossible to replace the keyboard by disassemblying it from the inside. Even the ATIV Book 8 owners confirmed that. Why the duck did the designer design this computer like this? Did the designer have a cancer?

Becasue designers design products to be elegant and work, not to be maintained, worked on or replaced. Especially the keyboard. Sometimes its an oversight, sometimes its intentional so if it breaks you have no choice but to buy a new one. How did yours break anyways?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

So I made a post before about whether should I replace the keyboard for $60 or not. But the cost for repairing the keyboard wasn't $60. It was acually $150. The samsung tech support said it will cost $60 to replace the keyboard, but when I took my laptop to the service center, they said it will cost me $150 because the keyboard is very hard to fix on this laptop. I could just buy the keys seprately, but the metal hook that holds the caps lock key is broken, so I have to get it fully replaced.

Should I buy a new computer, or should I replace the keyboard for $150, or should I buy the keys and give up the caps lock key? 

Don't tell me to get a external keyboard. I hate lugging them around.

What's your model?  I replace keyboards pretty regularly.  Depending on the model, it might not be that hard.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

It's a simple matter of economics:

$150 to replace your keyboard vs. how much does it cost to get a new laptop with minimum similar specs?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

12 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

So I made a post before about whether should I replace the keyboard for $60 or not. But the cost for repairing the keyboard wasn't $60. It was acually $150. The samsung tech support said it will cost $60 to replace the keyboard, but when I took my laptop to the service center, they said it will cost me $150 because the keyboard is very hard to fix on this laptop. I could just buy the keys seprately, but the metal hook that holds the caps lock key is broken, so I have to get it fully replaced.

Should I buy a new computer, or should I replace the keyboard for $150, or should I buy the keys and give up the caps lock key? 

Don't tell me to get a external keyboard. I hate lugging them around.

You are also paying labor charges when you have any service center or tech install hardware. Do it yourself, save some money. If the keyboard costs 60 bucks, it'll cost you 60 bucks. If you are unsure how to install, some tech savvy friend may help for a 6 pack of good beer.