Ryzen Or Kabylake

Hey guys I am wondering if I should wait for Ryzen to come out or get Kabylake.

2 minutes ago, Single Noodle said:

Hey guys I am wondering if I should wait for Ryzen to come out or get Kabylake.

Depends on what you will be doing.

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xwcjLD

Ryzen's only a month or so away, might as well wait and see what it's like. Can't hurt.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

true true, but the only reason I would get Kabylake right now is because Ncix is selling the H100i gtx for only 80 (this is in cad), and some other stuff are on sale right now

If you absolutely need a new PC right now, you'd go for what already exists on retailer shelves. 

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Ryzen's only a month or so away, might as well wait and see what it's like. Can't hurt.

Exactly this!

Although I've been seeing the 'wait for ryzen' for 8 months or more now. it's only about now that there is some sort of release date it's worth the wait. Back then people would of been better off just buying a dam pc lol

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

7 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Exactly this!

Although I've been seeing the 'wait for ryzen' for 8 months or more now. it's only about now that there is some sort of release date it's worth the wait. Back then people would of been better off just buying a dam pc lol

Haha, yeah to wait that long is just ridiculous. Now that we know it's almost here though....much excite.

I hope they were smart enough to get review units in the hands of many, many reviewers before launch!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

15 minutes ago, Single Noodle said:

Also anyone know when the rgb ram is coming out

G.Skill Trident Z RGB has been on sale on Newegg for like a week now. Last I checked a lot of the options were sold out, though. Also, they're pretty damn expensive.

4 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

G.Skill Trident Z RGB has been on sale on Newegg for like a week now. Last I checked a lot of the options were sold out, though. Also, they're pretty damn expensive.

Also what about the corsair one

1 minute ago, Single Noodle said:

Also what about the corsair one

No idea - I don't think there's been a release date yet. IMO, the G.Skill implementation looks better anyway.

hmm maybe with the savings on ryzen it will compensate for the rgb ram

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'd probably get Skylake over Kaby Lake anyway.  Kaby Lake runs hotter.

but muh 300mhz boost!

/s

idk

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

1 hour ago, Droidbot said:

but muh 300mhz boost!

/s

And it overclocks better.

14 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

And it overclocks better.

Not if it gets hotter because they used the worst TIM ever. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

its also about 3-7% of an improvement, but in the instance of the 6500 to the 7500 its about 7% faster and 3% more expensive. but thats a different thread i suppose.

edit: i dont think intel made kaby lake to really do anything other than some drm bs and to make another buck...that being said, same for skylake mostly.

@OP, i would wait for ryzen (now that theyactually gave a release date), if nothing else because it will more than likely shake up the cpu market and more than likely lower cpu prices from intel a bit. unless you dont have a working machine right now, just wait it out.

2 hours ago, Single Noodle said:

-snipitithesnipsnipsnip-

I would go with Kabylake, because Intel has more experience with CPUs, and they are bringing new CPUs every year to the Market. And AMD on the other hand needed to Build a hole new CPU Architecture (with Ryzen) because their weren't CPUs from AMD for Like 5-6 years... !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

12 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

I would go with Kabylake, because Intel has more experience with CPUs, and they are bringing new CPUs every year to the Market. And AMD on the other hand needed to Build a hole new CPU Architecture (with Ryzen) because their weren't CPUs from AMD for Like 5-6 years... !

Because AMD is a smaller company with a smaller Research and Development budget. 

They have just as much experience building processors as Intel does. 

idk

It's the worst time to buy any cpu now.  Ryzen will shake up cpu prices in a good way. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not if it gets hotter because they used the worst TIM ever. 

Well if you look around, people are getting 5 GHz with significantly lower voltages than on Skylake. 

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Well if you look around, people are getting 5 GHz with significantly lower voltages than on Skylake. 

Ah, then it's probably the IHS or TIM.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440