my house burnt down :'(

willsamuels

all four of my desktops gone and all my other stuff. we went to Walmart and came home to it burning and there was a fire somewhere else so the firemen didn't get there in time :'(

my house .jpg

Delta power supply?

That really sucks, hope you get shelter and stuff figured out :(

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

This is why you don't get CX or VS psu's people! :D

Anyway, sorry for your loss, any idea what you are going to do now?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Must have overclocked an AMD chip and GPU at the same time.

Sorry about the loss man, that really sucks, hopefully no pets were inside and nobody got hurt

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Delta power supply?

That's no an inappropriate joke to make here...

By the way, you sure you don't mean Corsair CX? :D 

Sorry for your loss and I guess it doesn't help that you're not Austin Evans either so you won't have people donating stuff to you :/ 

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Nah, I think it was dual GTX480s in SLI...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Delta power supply?

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

This is why you don't get CX or VS psu's people! :D

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

"A person's home burnt down!  Let's use it as a chance to make fun of computer parts!"

Jesus Christ.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

"A person's home burnt down!  Let's use it as a chance to make fun of computer parts!"

Jesus Christ.

What if that was the cause, though?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Jesus Christ.

They are just light-hearted jokes ya know...I mean us saying "sorry for your loss" and what not may allow OP to feel a little better but it won't actually replace the stuff he lost. 

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Delta power supply?

That really sucks, hope you get shelter and stuff figured out :(

Delta PSUs are reliable though, have had one in my "server" and it's been running full load for 4 years almost non-stop

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

2 hours ago, MeepLikesToBuildPc's said:

Delta PSUs are reliable though, have had one in my "server" and it's been running full load for 4 years almost non-stop

SOME Delta PSUs are reliable, not all.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Jesus Christ.

The thing is if the person in question did indeed used a cheap-ass psu it's perfectly possible that's the reason the house is now what it is.

There is a reason why you shouldn't cheap out on your psu and raising awareness about it is a good thing. This is probably not the best/nicest but then again taking the comments seriously would be sad, this isn't facebook...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

That really sucks, hope everything's covered and that you have somewhere to stay in the meantime.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

If you are the homeowner, hopefully you have good insurance. If you are a renter, hopefully you have renter's insurance.

Just be happy that the people you love are safe!

I sure hope you had insurance... Was the entire house made of wood or something? Kind of strange how there's barely anything left standing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I sure hope you had insurance... Was the entire house made of wood or something? Kind of strange how there's barely anything left standing.

If I am not mistaken, he is from the US. Depending on the region, they don't build houses like those in Canada, due to earthquakes, tornadoes, and warmer temperatures. Here in Canada, our houses are over-built, and I think, Canadian are particularly proud of this. Heck, we have homes that dates back well over a century, and still standing strong (mind you they got some good owners maintaining them, but it keeps this rich history, especially in older cities like Montreal or Quebec City, amongst others).

2 hours ago, willsamuels said:

it ok guys thank I needed the pick me up no one was hurt and my dog is fine

What kind of dog? Can you post a picture?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

I am sorry to hear about your loss of home. It is definitely a situation that most people, including myself, can't and will never be able to relate. Also, forgive us for the lack of proper words used to explain ourself, it is not a common situation.

But all I can say, is that I, and I am sure the whole community here at LTT forum are happy that you and your family are safe and sound. While one can easily say that "these are just stuff", I don't like saying this, because yes, they can be replaced, it still built on memories that can't be replicated, including hard work. And loosing everything at once, is devastating.

All I can say: How can I help?

I hope you have family and friends close by that can provide you the help you need which I know I can't provide due to different countries and distance separating us.

For those who don't know:

The biggest problem when one loses a home, is beside a lot of sentimental items disappears, not to mention, all in one shot, not to mention memories, but life style change. It takes a long time to rebuilt this. Let alone, get another roof on your head. Insurances aren't the type where you get money the next days, and you are ready to go to some store and buy a new home. It takes huge amount of time, as they they need to wait for inspection(s) reports, verify causation, see if you are doing insurance fraud (yes, because of these dirt bags, we all pay for this), so more investigation is done. So it can take up months before you can touch anything to go and buy a house. And even buying a new home, it isn't a 2 sec thing. A lot of research needs to be done on the builder, how for YOU to inspect a home, beside spending a few minutes looking if you like the house in general, plus inspections needs to be done, and even then, you always, ALWAYS, issues. Unless your home is brand new (which you also have issues that appears over time), a home can easily own you, instead of the other way around.

Set up a GoFundMe page if you can.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Heck, we have homes that dates back well over a century, and still standing strong

Come to Scotland and I'll show you the homes that are like 150-200 years old ;) 

Hell, we have a building built in the 17th century that's still standing...(in Edinburgh) 

6 minutes ago, willsamuels said:

Hey everyone, I started a fundraising campaign for My house burned down. Please tap to donate- http://mk2.gofund.me/acbxh-my-house-burned-down?rcid=9ba50b5aed174b2aa50079d5b150d56c

I'm not really sure whether that's allowed as it counts as advertising?

If it's not then I'm sure the mods would turn a blind eye however :P