Should I pay the extra 20 dollar shipping for this case?

Theminecraftaddict555
Go to solution Solved by dizmo,

What about the S340?

So anyone know the 58 dollar define s case on ncix us, yeah it turns out you need to pay 20+ dollars for the shipping..Should I do it? The cable management is pretty good and the case is high quality...But of course the shipping here is the issue for me (why 20 dollars just why?)

Define S: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=107763&promoid=1010

If it isn't worth it, can anyone suggest me a good atx mid tower or smaller case around 65 dollars with good cable management, 2 preinstalled fans, easy front panel removal or one that doesn't have any wires attached when you take them off? Also make sure that it is easy for a builder who hasn't built their pc for a while, pretty much like a first time builder

For the case, I would take any merchandise since rather limit them like i usually do just as long as they are trustworthy and less sketchy than ncix's shipping policy

What i am looking at so far: n200, tesseract sw deepcool case

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

dont, this is how they do there marketing to seem like your saving money. coolermaster master case 5 is a good case, awesome cable manegment too. its 80$ with rebate tho..as u get money your can add more parts on. if your willing to buy a 58$ case and pay 20$ shipping, buy the CM case. 

What about the S340?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What about the S340?

10 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

dont, this is how they do there marketing to seem like your saving money. coolermaster master case 5 is a good case, awesome cable manegment too. its 80$ with rebate tho..as u get money your can add more parts on. if your willing to buy a 58$ case and pay 20$ shipping, buy the CM case. 

Take note I added a little detail to my first post :)

OT, s340 looks strange and looks like it doesn't have much cabling options but that is just first glance

Lethalmonk, I feel like the issue there is I really just don't want to ship in 20 extra dollars just for shipping 

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Take note I added a little detail to my first post :)

OT, s340 looks strange and looks like it doesn't have much cabling options but that is just first glance

Lethalmonk, I feel like the issue there is I really just don't want to ship in 20 extra dollars just for shipping 

Cases are big and heavy. Unless you're getting it from Amazon, most places will charge you for the shipping. Otherwise they'd be losing money, and it wouldn't make sense to sell it at all. It's already on sale, so if you really like the case, go for it. You're still saving $3 at the end of the day.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

I got a Bitfenix Nova for $37USD and free shipping.

My go-to rule for buying anything online is:

"Never pay for shipping."

Here's the Nova, fantastic budget case.

You can find a review here.

hmm cable management is questionable though

12 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

hmm cable management is questionable though

I haven't had a problem with mamagement. The only problem i have with it is my PSU cables are short (non modular) but I could also move my mATX motherboard down a little.

As long as you don't mind spending $2.50 on zip ties/velcro cable ties (Linus calls them Zapstraps), you should be fine. I actually use white or black vinyl tape to do my cable management and the panel behind the motherboard also comes off, and has a hole for replacing the heatsink mount.

Edit: the 120mm that comes with the case is garbage

Edit 2: I should also note that if you aren't using the ENTIRE 5" drive bay for...whatever... you can fit a graphics card well over 400mm long.

Edit 3: I should also note that cable management in this case (at least for me) was easier the more crap I crammed into it. I currently don't have a 5" ODD but if my RAID array fails again I will. The case has 3 SSD mounts, as opposed to the 2 they claim. It seems that parts of the chassis are used for some of their other cased, the metal is also thin compared to the OEM Dell cases I'm used to cutting with a Dremel.

Edit 4: The entire 5 inch bay can accommodate around 4 additional 3.5 inch drives if you have the 5 inch adapters and are not using an ODD. I have two 2.5 inch drives and two 3.5 inch drives and I still have room for a V8 engine and air conditioner (joke). Aside from being a budget case there is still TONS of room for stuff. It comes with mounting screws which is a plus.

36 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What about the S340?

hmm after taking a good look at the case, I forgot to specify that I want one fan in front and one in the back not on top Sorry XD...but we could install the upper fan to the front fan could we?

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

What about the S340?

AFter looking at it further, it looks like a darn good case to be honest and something I can afford

But let me take a look at the size tho

Size is great actually, weighing around 15 pounds + really good cable management idea

Will buy  3.0

18 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

AFter looking at it further, it looks like a darn good case to be honest and something I can afford

But let me take a look at the size tho

Size is great actually, weighing around 15 pounds + really good cable management idea

Will buy 

You'd have to check out some videos or something to figure out the fan placement, though to be honest you don't really need that much airflow. You should be more than fine with one rear fan. Components are producing less heat, not more.

I think Amazon will probably the the best way to go shipping wise! Plus you can pick up some Combos snacks while you're at it ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You'd have to check out some videos or something to figure out the fan placement, though to be honest you don't really need that much airflow. You should be more than fine with one rear fan. Components are producing less heat, not more.

I think Amazon will probably the the best way to go shipping wise! Plus you can pick up some Combos snacks while you're at it ;)

BH offered free shipping with the case at 66 dollars :D and i bought it...It is also number 1 seller in the case section I think

38 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

BH offered free shipping with the case at 66 dollars :D and i bought it...It is also number 1 seller in the case section I think

Not bad! I think it's one of the nicest looking budget cases. What color did you go for?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

17 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not bad! I think it's one of the nicest looking budget cases. What color did you go for?

White, should have had a different color but I should be fine regardless

Also is the cable management options much better than what the define s offers?

13 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

White, should have had a different color but I should be fine regardless

Also is the cable management options much better than what the define s offers?

I like white cases. They show less dust, plus they're not as common as black. Black is boring.

Not sure, I've never compared the two and have never cared enough about the Define S to look into its features.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

So anyone know the 58 dollar define s case on ncix us, yeah it turns out you need to pay 20+ dollars for the shipping..Should I do it? The cable management is pretty good and the case is high quality...But of course the shipping here is the issue for me (why 20 dollars just why?)

Define S: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=107763&promoid=1010

If it isn't worth it, can anyone suggest me a good atx mid tower or smaller case around 65 dollars with good cable management, 2 preinstalled fans, easy front panel removal or one that doesn't have any wires attached when you take them off? Also make sure that it is easy for a builder who hasn't built their pc for a while, pretty much like a first time builder

For the case, I would take any merchandise since rather limit them like i usually do just as long as they are trustworthy and less sketchy than ncix's shipping policy

What i am looking at so far: n200, tesseract sw deepcool case

lol wait up, i paid mine 70$cad on ncix.com with free shipping...

1 hour ago, Howitz said:

lol wait up, i paid mine 70$cad on ncix.com with free shipping...

This is NCIX us not canada 

1 hour ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

This is NCIX us not canada 

well my point is i got it for less than the 58usd equivalent in canada with free shipping, so what i mean is if you can then you should wait for a kick-ass deal that happen every couple weeks or so and jump on that.

5 hours ago, Howitz said:

well my point is i got it for less than the 58usd equivalent in canada with free shipping, so what i mean is if you can then you should wait for a kick-ass deal that happen every couple weeks or so and jump on that.

Maybe because things are done differently in canada is why you got it 58 usd/cad without paying for shipping

But my point being, even when the sales were going I was still forced to pay 20 dollars worth of shipping while living in the US, again maybe the shipping for the case is free in canada but chances are in the US it wasn't for some odd reason

Luckily I took a pic of the shipping cost on the day I tried to buy it when it was 57 usd

http://imgur.com/a/6I5aG

They charged me 20 dollars for shipping without putting it on the product page and I ended up getting another good alternative case instead, end of story 

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

I like white cases. They show less dust, plus they're not as common as black. Black is boring.

Not sure, I've never compared the two and have never cared enough about the Define S to look into its features.

Also does the top fan blow out air or blow air in?

36 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Also does the top fan blow out air or blow air in?

Depends what way you orient it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

16 hours ago, dizmo said:

Depends what way you orient it.

I think I will just remove it and put it in front of my case instead..