DICE wants YOU in its war on BF4 bugs

nicehat

It's full of camping snipers. Recon should be banished from ever appearing in a Battlefield game.

I know all about it.. but hardcore is still number 1..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

BF3 isn't even a finished product. Still loads of bugs in it, like the audio messing up for example, you would have thought that would have been fixed by the time the next game came out.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Please, someone show me a game that's been run through beta testing, that's come out with ZERO bugs what so ever. & It came out within a reasonable time frame. Holding the release of a game because a tank can be popped up with an elevator button.. Yea seems worth it. #stupidpeople

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not being a hater, I'm legitimately pissed that I played for four hours yesterday and BF is just like "nope you did nothing." Battlelog has all of my progress recorded but if I try to play the game it puts me back at the beginning and I can't do shit about it. 

You definitely have a point there, especially when I struggle to get into a game that isnt laggy as hell and then I get dc'ed from the origin servers or whatever and all my progress is gone.

Its fun when it works, albeit infrequently.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

I've found all the bitching and complaining about this actually rather funny, considering I've never seen the glitches happen. I've never had a problem with bf4. I sat down at launch, played for 6 hours on the same server, then left. No server crash, no game crash.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

30 hours of playtime logged in the best Battlefield beta to date.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

From what I've read, that's about the only good thing you can say about the latest CoD :P

It has no bugs but the peformance is really really bad.

It runs worse then BF4 on Ultra settings, but with crappy graphics.

RTX2070OC 

i hoped that bf4 was going to be bf3 without bugs but NO screw you ea 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

They want me to do bug hunting?

Then provide me a free copy of BF4, otherwise fix your crap, I'm not buying a buggyass game with 4-5+ expansion packs and the series continues to use that God awful Punkbuster that NEVER WORKS, but always seems to kick me no matter what I do, even a full system wipe.

PB seems to kick every time it detects a process that has "host" on it name no matter what type of software is, i had one program that did regular checks on my firewall PB kicked me every time 5 mins into the game until i ended the process while playing 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It's full of camping snipers. Recon should be banished from ever appearing in a Battlefield game.

You are clearly not BF veteran

How so?

Because the recons you hate have always been part of BF? Ofcourse not as much as nowdays, but still.

I ended up playing bf3 again.

The netcode in bf4 atm is just annoying me too much (even with the network slider to 0 it's still horrible), and the constant framedrops i keep having (could be w7 x64 related, but i really don't want to install w8 just because of 1 game).

Bugwise i haven't had alot of bugs in mp(few times that revive doesn't work on stairs etc),but sp has loads of bugs (fountain fps thing, getting stuck inside walls when knifing ppl near a wall,looking trough a door and see everything under the map because it hasn't loaded that yet because your not supposed to be there yet,falling trough the map,corpses floating in the air at the level with all those enemies with grenade launchers )

I ended up playing bf3 again.

The netcode in bf4 atm is just annoying me too much (even with the network slider to 0 it's still horrible), and the constant framedrops i keep having (could be w7 x64 related, but i really don't want to install w8 just because of 1 game).

Bugwise i haven't had alot of bugs in mp(few times that revive doesn't work on stairs etc),but sp has loads of bugs (fountain fps thing, getting stuck inside walls when knifing ppl near a wall,looking trough a door and see everything under the map because it hasn't loaded that yet because your not supposed to be there yet,falling trough the map,corpses floating in the air at the level with all those enemies with grenade launchers )

The crashes are also on W8 I'm waiting now till they fixed the crashing.

Because I can't really play if the game crashes every 5min.

W8 gives only a huge peformance boost.

RTX2070OC 

PB seems to kick every time it detects a process that has "host" on it name no matter what type of software is, i had one program that did regular checks on my firewall PB kicked me every time 5 mins into the game until i ended the process while playing 

Like I've said, I have tried everything that has been posted on the Internet. I've closed all programs possible, even my antivirus, but it continues to kick me for some unkown error. PB is a complete piece of crap and it has never worked on any machines I've tried playing on.

I've tried it on my brother's i7-920 and GTX 550ti rig, same issues. I have an internal based firewall that is on my network, so it's quite possible that PB doesn't like it. Who the hell knows!

Like I've said, I have tried everything that has been posted on the Internet. I've closed all programs possible, even my antivirus, but it continues to kick me for some unkown error. PB is a complete piece of crap and it has never worked on any machines I've tried playing on.

I've tried it on my brother's i7-920 and GTX 550ti rig, same issues. I have an internal based firewall that is on my network, so it's quite possible that PB doesn't like it. Who the hell knows!

well at least i think is better that VAC it never works -__-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

well at least i think is better that VAC it never works -__-

VAC never works? Which games don't work with VAC?

There are hundreds of people banned by VAC DAILY. It works, but some games like Mw3 don't work well with VAC because of how they have their matchmaking setup.

QA is falling in all game studios now... if they want to iron out all the bugs in game before launch they should do Open Beta's for long periods of time, not a week or 2.

Or even doing a minecraft approach, Releasing the Game as an alpha for sale on PC, then working out bugs then moving up to Beta and only moving to console for the full release.

I like the concept of making the Online free then releasing extra online maps/weapons and so on with Story as DLC.

its what im doing for the game im working on, and people have seen it as a popular new approach.

Character artist in the Games industry.

The Sniper class in pre-Bad Company actually required skill to use. It was nicely balanced, even though less useful compared to today's Recon. No one plays Recon the way it should be. It's all sit around and get kills like a bunch of greedy KD whores. I rarely saw SOFLAMs being used in BF3 and every Recon I would ever bump in to would be standing in place like a ten tonne rock just racking up kills on people who are nowhere near the game mode objective. At least the people who played snipers in BF2 did so with correlation to the objective. I just don't see the point in having a Recon class in the game if it's going to be used as a sniper class as it attributes little to nothing in terms of team play. They might as well just go play Monkey Island if they so enjoy point and click adventure games.

True... But that's pretty much why i moved into better games(Arma) to get rid of all the idiots.

Give it time. One day EA will hold a contest to give you prestigious honour of working with no pay to fix their entire game from code to character models. Aren't you excited for the future?

VAC never works? Which games don't work with VAC?

There are hundreds of people banned by VAC DAILY. It works, but some games like Mw3 don't work well with VAC because of how they have their matchmaking setup.

i had run into a couple hackers when i played TF2 almost all of those encounter ended by admin kick or votekick though that was a couple of years a ago also i had very little usage whit other games that run VAC which wasn't good :/

I am not so certain the bugs are not easter eggs or backdoors for people to just plainly have some fun, its too bad all cool bugs get reported (before I can take advantage of them :D )

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.