DICE wants YOU in its war on BF4 bugs

nicehat

iLA4tUFCQ9KC0.gif

As with any giant game launch these days, Battlefield 4 has come a little stuck in a few areas, with gamers struggling to play the game the way it was meant to be played, or in some instances, having it start at all. Fortunately DICE is working on a lot of these problems and has published a bug list to let everyone know what it's prioritising.

The post at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/ explains what is being worked on, whats been accomplished and future endeavors. They are also collecting bugs and feedback from the community. Now there are certain egregious bugs that have commanded bounties. And some of these have been collected, but theres more to be had! Thats right, get paid for playing video games, or being a bug tester, whatever.

I dont own BF4, and im not picking it up until I can get everything for $20 on a sale. Im willing to wait though. What do you guys think? Are there alot of bugs in SP/MP? Are they game stopping or inconveniences?  

I leave you with this gem 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Oh look, EA is saving even more money by not bothering to test their products, and instead pass the job onto the consumer.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I want DICE in war with themselfs. Release a game fully finished not in beta stage...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Oh look, EA is saving even more money by not bothering to test their products, and instead pass the job onto the consumer.

Everyones doing it. Look at Total War Rome II. Its still in pre-alpha powerpoint slide show and its been out since September. Im done with buying games at launch. This is a giant eff you to all of us from these guys....And then, they have the gall to come at us with swarms of DLC to nickle and dime us. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Isn't that the point of beta software? You know, iron out the flaws for the final release...

With EA? They're multiplayer demos, nothing more.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Magazine Reload Bug on Normal 
FIXED 
On all platforms, some players were experiencing a bug when playing on Normal servers. The bug caused the reload setting to incorrectly mimic the behavior from Hardcore servers. This was fixed in our fourth and latest server update. 

NO FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT DICE I WAS HAPPY WITH THIS CAUSE OLD VET BF2 FEELS AND NOW YOU SHIT ALL OVER ME FACE

It's still in Hardcore if you want it play Hardcore mode ;)

The only problems I have right now are game crashes,sound bugs, and net code.

RTX2070OC 

In all honesty, the issues we're having weren't present in my Beta experience. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

The only problems I have right now are game crashes,sound bugs, and net code.

This

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I love every one of your posts.

I knew I had a cult following somewhere on this forum...

I honestly thought reloading eating the rest of your ammo was a design choice, because it makes reloading early a very real decision to make on the fly instead of by rote muscle memory after stopping shooting.

NOPE EZMODE 4 LYFE

Magazine Reload Bug on Normal 
FIXED 
On all platforms, some players were experiencing a bug when playing on Normal servers. The bug caused the reload setting to incorrectly mimic the behavior from Hardcore servers. This was fixed in our fourth and latest server update. 

NO FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT DICE I WAS HAPPY WITH THIS CAUSE OLD VET BF2 FEELS AND NOW YOU SHIT ALL OVER ME FACE

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

They should have allowed us to play more in battlefield 4 beta in order to get more bug reports in the game testing.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So let me get this straight- people are willing to pay extra to be beta testers for free and experience a glitchy game than wait for it to be cheaper and better implemented? *logic*

PC in Profile

At least they are acknowledging that 1. there are bugs and saying that 2. which stage they are in fixing them.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

hey DICE, I played campaign mode for 4 hours yesterday, battle log knows this it has me in singapore, but my save file had me about 5 minutes after the game begins. Losing progress online when you lose connection I get, but at what point did I lose connection with my own hard drive? 

But HC is for tryhards. :(

Sounds like the right mode for you.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Do half the haters realise that Origin will refund you the money you spent of BF4?

The BF3 launch was also like this, its difficult for the devs to find every chink in the chain, especially when theres so many variables (hardware, maps, software etc.)

Rome 2 however was completely different, in most cases BF4 actually manages to run- and its decently optimized; for the most part- Rome 2 was and still pretty much is a buggy and disgusting mess.

If theres one thing I like about CoD its that the launches are always smooth....

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Do half the haters realise that Origin will refund you the money you spent of BF4?

The BF3 launch was also like this, its difficult for the devs to find every chink in the chain, especially when theres so many variables (hardware, maps, software etc.)

Rome 2 however was completely different, in most cases BF4 actually manages to run- and its decently optimized; for the most part- Rome 2 was and still pretty much is a buggy and disgusting mess.

If theres one thing I like about CoD its that the launches are always smooth....

I'm not being a hater, I'm legitimately pissed that I played for four hours yesterday and BF is just like "nope you did nothing." Battlelog has all of my progress recorded but if I try to play the game it puts me back at the beginning and I can't do shit about it. 

From what I've read, that's about the only good thing you can say about the latest CoD :P

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It's too late DICE.... CoD has won me over!

Said no1 ever!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They want me to do bug hunting?

Then provide me a free copy of BF4, otherwise fix your crap, I'm not buying a buggyass game with 4-5+ expansion packs and the series continues to use that God awful Punkbuster that NEVER WORKS, but always seems to kick me no matter what I do, even a full system wipe.