(Updated with more details) Nintendo Official: Switch will launch March 3rd - $299

shermantanker

$300 is expensive especially since the PS4 Slim can be brought for $260-$300 its gonna be hard for Nintendo to compete. Looking at the 3DS, it launched at $250 and the had to cut the price to $170 less than 6 months after launch hopefully we see a similar thing happen with the Switch. I would have brought it if it was $200-240 but for $300 im gonna have to wait and see just how good it really is. Lots of questions still be answered like the multi media support, will it get similar app support as the Xbox and PS for stuff like Netflix, whats the quality like on the tablet screen and touch.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I hope you are rich.

Extra Docks (includes power adapter and HDMI cable), is $90 US. (no price in Canada)

1x Joyon (left OR right) is $49.99 US, BUT you can buy both bundled for $79.99 US. ($64.99$ Canadian and bundle: $99.99)

Pro controller is $69.99 US. ($89.99 Canadian)

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/buy-now/

Damn, and I thought Apple was bad...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

14 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

Damn, and I thought Apple was bad...

I think it has to do that Sony and Microsoft are open to limit the their profit, or even loose money on the console... but Nintendo is not.

I mean,  assuming you want the Switch.. you need the Switch (400$) + Pro controller (90$) + game (70$) = $560 to start with!

I hope you saved your Canadian Tire money...

It's like... you can get a nice PC upgrade with this kind of money... Or get the PS4 Pro with a game.

Yea I hate to be that person but I had to preorder it. I already saw a few posts earlier, a bunch of people are already scalping it, so if availability is limited, it will be awhile before I'd be able to pick one up for MSRP.

Worst comes to worst, I'll know within a week if I want to keep it, and just return it lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

14 minutes ago, Suika said:

Yea I hate to be that person but I had to preorder it. I already saw a few posts earlier, a bunch of people are already scalping it, so if availability is limited, it will be awhile before I'd be able to pick one up for MSRP.

Worst comes to worst, I'll know within a week if I want to keep it, and just return it lol.

Gamestop and Amazon are already out... Was thinking about it just to flip it. lol

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

8 hours ago, Derangel said:

When they said $300 it felt like a punch in the gut. All of my hyped just drained in an instant. Nintendo didn't learn a single fucking thing from the 3DS launch or the Wii U. Casual bullshit titles that will NEVER be Wii Sports. Nintendo will NEVER replicate the Wii and they completely botched the reveal of everything. $250 was the perfect, the fucking perfect price for the Switch. $300 as the base price is too much. You can buy a PS4 or XB1 for that price. The new Nvidia Shield (with a higher clocked Tegra X1) is half the price. The price of accessories is insane. Is Nintendo trying to commit suicide? Someone fire the entire board of directors and find people that know what the hell they're doing.

$50 really isn't that much of a difference, give it a year or two (or three), it'll be down $50 to $100

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

15 minutes ago, wcreek said:

$50 really isn't that much of a difference, give it a year or two (or three), it'll be down $50 to $100

This being said, I think I might buy one when I have a little more money. So probably this summer.

It looks interesting.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

I think it has to do that Sony and Microsoft are open to limit the their profit, or even loose money on the console... but Nintendo is not.

I mean,  assuming you want the Switch.. you need the Switch (400$) + Pro controller (90$) + game (70$) = $560 to start with!

I hope you saved your Canadian Tire money...

It's like... you can get a nice PC upgrade with this kind of money... Or get the PS4 Pro with a game.

I just can't get over the cost of the 2 play controllers, I mean $50 for just one...

And here is the line at the nintendo store to pre-order it today. the street is closed down and there are police guarding. They are only letting in a few people at a time.

INH11OW.jpg

V5OQGb6.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, shermantanker said:

I just can't get over the cost of the 2 play controllers, I mean $50 for just one...

Same! Even the Pro controller in the US, at 70$, ouch... That HD rumble better be real good.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

This being said, I think I might buy one when I have a little more money. So probably this summer.

It looks interesting.

Don't worry, it will be sold out for a while in any case.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Same! Even the Pro controller in the US, at 70$, ouch... That HD rumble better be real good.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here trying to save up for my first apartment, and housing is a bitch in southern California.

7 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here trying to save up for my first apartment, and housing is a bitch in southern California.

Fridge box. You know, if you put a small palm tree in the corner, it really brights up the place up real nice. :D

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Fridge box. You know, if you put a small palm tree in the corner, it really brights up the place up real nice. :D

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is deciding how much to spend on a freaking TV... 1st world problems...

The switch will be the biggest fail in Nintendo history. 299 for a tiny peace of crap.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

That's significantly more expensive than I thought it would be. Will probably skip it now.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

The switch will be the biggest fail in Nintendo history. 299 for a tiny peace of crap.

i don't think it will fair or take off like the Gameboy, it will probably be better than the wii u

SDHC... SDXC... Why must you do this Nintendo? SD is attrocious! Why doesn't your brand new system have a UFS slot? I mean it's backwards compatible with SD for goodness sakes! And considering the X1 supports UFS it's not like this custom Tegra couldn't...

I am seriously worried about the performance of the switch at this point, hearing that it has a Maxwell based Tegra with such a low clock rate, and such limited storage in terms of internal size and external speed? I... I just don't know...

I like the specs/info, It is nice it will clock higher if its plugged in or docked. I would love a version with 4G so I can throw a google Fi data sim in it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

12 hours ago, Derangel said:

The new Nvidia Shield (with a higher clocked Tegra X1) is half the price.

The new Nvidia shield doesn't come with a display nor a dock, and 299/2 =/= 199.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

10 hours ago, treeroy said:

yes, the original DS could only play games in one dimension

The Mario 64 remake ran at 3D though.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hmm $299 for Zelda and Mario games. I might be able to swing that. Any more expensive and no way...

A post on reddit calculated the release price for the Switch in comparison to other consoles. The way I see this, considering that nintendo is top 6 for cheapest, its release price isn't much of a ground shaker as of now. They're doing the marketing right in addition to getting a lot of good publicity due to Pokemon, so overall they're in a good spot.

There hasn't been any confirmed performance specs yet so we'll have to wait until someone steals a showcase model.

1 hour ago, Sniperfox47 said:

SDHC... SDXC... Why must you do this Nintendo? SD is attrocious! Why doesn't your brand new system have a UFS slot? I mean it's backwards compatible with SD for goodness sakes! And considering the X1 supports UFS it's not like this custom Tegra couldn't...

I am seriously worried about the performance of the switch at this point, hearing that it has a Maxwell based Tegra with such a low clock rate, and such limited storage in terms of internal size and external speed? I... I just don't know...

I am sure about the specs... I know that several dev kits where delivered... the specs could be from an old dev kit.

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

The new Nvidia shield doesn't come with a display nor a dock, and 299/2 =/= 199.

720p touchscreens are cheap these days. The dock has nothing special in it. Couple USB2 ports, a USB 3 port, HDMI port, and a USB-C port for the AC adapter. Thing probably costs Nintendo $10-$20 to make, if that. Yet something they believe they should cost $90. Besides the "HD" Rumble everything in the Switch is old tech.

Got no excuse for the bad math.