How do you survive the day AFTER an all-nighter

Noyu

TL;DR I made a very stupid decision to play all-night the night before a workday.

Now I'm at work and I have alot of things to do. I also have a presentation later this afternoon.

Besides coffee and going to the bathroom to take 10min naps, any other suggestions?

I'm 30 mins into my job and I'm already unning on fumes.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

I feel your pain, I spent the day at an art show for my daughter instead of sleeping. :( My solution is to work from home instead of driving into the office.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

I feel your pain, I spent the day at an art show for my daughter instead of sleeping. :( My solution is to work from home instead of driving into the office.

haha yea, I slept a bit in my commute earlier (2 bus rides).

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

2 minutes ago, Over9000Dude said:

I heard lauthing for 15min=2hr of sleep

Idk watch dank memes

for 15mins? how the fck. won't you run out of O2? ahahaha

wait I didn't specify, how do I survive while also getting my work done.

(except ofc getting off LTT and other forums)

Karamo

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Over9000Dude said:

What kind of work

Uhmm. Engineering. I'm currently preparing an equipment datasheet to get quotes from Vendors.

At this stage I'm just revising as per my senior's review comments, but she has ALOT of comments.

Karamo

Spoiler

Idk if this will work but have your eyes wide open for like 10sec then close them for a little bit and u will be a bit more awake.

Sorry if my english is bad, im norwegian and its 2:35am

Another thing I just remembered is that I used to eat apple sauce to wake myself up. I have no idea why or how it works, it just always worked for me (much better than caffeine for some reason). Also if you've never used those 5 Hour Energy drinks they work amazingly. They don't affect me as much now but when I first started using them they were a life saver. I work the night shift so I've seen great results among myself and co-workers.

-KuJoe

15 minutes ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

Water is way more important than caffeine (too a point).

-snip-

this ^^^ I try to avoid caffeine (mostly so it's more effective when I do actually need it) on a daily basis. I do notice when i drink more water, I tend to be tired less. And by less I mean getting tired in the middle of the day vs not being tired at all and actually wanting to stay up later than I should...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Good tip if you have colleagues that don't pay much attention to you or can be away from desk (big offices...) : go to the toilets, set a 20min-like alarm and close your eyes for a while. Even a 5 min "quick nap" can give you fuel. I used to do that like twice a day when I had a 3 hours commute to Paris in a big office where nobody payed attention.

Keep going! Also thanks for warning me, it's 3 a.m. in France I must get some sleep.

[Insert smart comment here]

Norally if i can keep moving i am fine but the moment i sit to comfy or find a realy soft long bench i could lay on i am done for. So i suggest feel as uncomfy or be realy bussy.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

2 minutes ago, malon said:

Norally if i can keep moving i am fine but the moment i sit to comfy or find a realy soft long bench i could lay on i am done for. So i suggest feel as uncomfy or be realy bussy.

[Insert smart comment here]

3 hours ago, Noyu said:

TL;DR I made a very stupid decision to play all-night the night before a workday.

Now I'm at work and I have alot of things to do. I also have a presentation later this afternoon.

Besides coffee and going to the bathroom to take 10min naps, any other suggestions?

I'm 30 mins into my job and I'm already unning on fumes.

Try some tea. Normally I would have drank a Arizona Sweet tea or an Energy Drink. But, I have been Caffeine free for over a year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Adderall and red bull. I highly advise against it though.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Caffeine and Nicotine, my best friends when I have to work the day after I stay up all night.

How do I usually survive?  It depends.

If it's a gaming all nighter, I usually just sleep as soon as I realize the sun is up.  If I have to stay up?  Well, I take a shower first, then drink a coffee with at least 3 shots of espresso.  On my breaks (assuming I'm at work) I take power naps.

For school work?  I finish the work, set alarms that I know will wake me up.  Then get as much sleep as I can till I have to be up.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

29 minutes ago, eLucid said:

i have adhd and have to take adderall, once i was up all night, took my adderall and then chugged coffe to compensate for my lack of sleep, this resulted in blacking out, waking up later in the same place wondering WTF? then i remembered and called the ambulance.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

2 hours ago, eLucid said:

;)

haha although I am open-minded, it's not worth the risk (considering the state of the country right now).

2 hours ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

Caffeine and Nicotine, my best friends when I have to work the day after I stay up all night.

I have very low tolerance against nicotine. 1 smoke makes my knees weak. Would probably be too weak to actually do my job.

Caffeine is good, up to a certain point ahaha As soon as it wears off the fatigue doubles ahaha

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

How do I usually survive?  It depends.

If it's a gaming all nighter, I usually just sleep as soon as I realize the sun is up.  If I have to stay up?  Well, I take a shower first, then drink a coffee with at least 3 shots of espresso.  On my breaks (assuming I'm at work) I take power naps.

For school work?  I finish the work, set alarms that I know will wake me up.  Then get as much sleep as I can till I have to be up.  

Actually the question is how to survive the work day AFTER an allnighter. ahahaha not how to survive an allnighter. That's EZ. ahaha

2 hours ago, OleST said:

i have adhd and have to take adderall, once i was up all night, took my adderall and then chugged coffe to compensate for my lack of sleep, this resulted in blacking out, waking up later in the same place wondering WTF? then i remembered and called the ambulance.

o   k

Karamo

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Noyu said:

Actually the question is how to survive the work day AFTER an allnighter. ahahaha not how to survive an allnighter. That's EZ. ahaha

I know, I'm talking about how I survive the day after

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

First of all, don't drive. For an all-nighter, I tend to reduce my coffee intake because of hyperacidity. Instead, I eat 75-85% dark chocolate. The bitterness alone can keep me awake. If I really need caffeine, I buy caffeine pills and use it instead of coffee. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Buy shares in energy drink companies. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.