Do you agree with nVidia's GPU pricing... - IT HAS DOUBLED!

WhiteSkyMage
4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

As I've said, fuck Nvidia and fuck AMD.

Found the neutral!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Found the neutral!

I'm one of those that wishes I could buy graphics cards containing a GPU from a manufacturer other than AMD and Nvidia (Nvidia are scumbags from personal burns but were the only option resulting in my GTX 970, and I won't pity-buy from AMD because they failed to compete)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I'm one of those that wishes I could buy graphics cards containing a GPU from a manufacturer other than AMD and Nvidia (Nvidia are scumbags from personal burns but were the only option resulting in my GTX 970, and I won't pity-buy from AMD because they failed to compete)

Intel integrated graphics? :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Intel integrated graphics? :P 

HD4600 master race. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

21 minutes ago, App4that said:

HD4600 master race. 

Shhh, if you keep on talking about it, it won't run at 2GHz anymore (yes, I've got that kind of overclock on mine-watercooling FTW).

PMSL

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Shhh, if you keep on talking about it, it won't run at 2GHz anymore (yes, I've got that kind of overclock on mine-watercooling FTW).

I've run mine there, on water. Played KOTOR at 1080p Max settings. Like a boss.

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Dang. I wonder if you could overclock the iris pro graphics as much. If so that would make a hell of an iGPU.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Dang. I wonder if you could overclock the iris pro graphics as much. If so that would make a hell of an iGPU.

All I know is that the voltage is safe, and a laptop with an i7 4700Hq that has its iGPU at 2GHz, will utterly wreck most laptops with low end dGPU (and I've seen some desktops with dGPU that are far weaker than the graphics of the i5 6500 paired with it).

PMSL

On 12/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, App4that said:

Yeah, I don't get the hype around VR. The games look over 10 years old and you can't move around, you have to warp everywhere. I'm a sit back with a beer and chill gamer.

You must be getting the wrong hype then... lol

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

15 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

Well you're a vr nut... you're member title says it lol.

Personally I think vr is cool and all but the resolution and refresh rate is still too low. I think I'm going to wait until 4K @120 hz until adopting it. I've tried a rift and it's cool and all but the dpi is still too low for me to enjoy it.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 12/27/2016 at 3:30 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

I feel like this is gonna spark a flame war :S 

Just get a 1060 and voila price over.

5 hours ago, Cheddle said:

What is there to VR other than bragging rights? Can I play VR for 10 hours straight drinking beer and chill? Can I sit next to my girl and have her watch while I play? 

Nope, none of those things, or anything close. Just tech dick measuring. That doesn't matter to me. Only fun.

29 minutes ago, App4that said:

What is there to VR other than bragging rights? Can I play VR for 10 hours straight drinking beer and chill? Can I sit next to my girl and have her watch while I play? 

Nope, none of those things, or anything close. Just tech dick measuring. That doesn't matter to me. Only fun.

Which is why 1440p 144Hz is my next goal.

PMSL

5 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Which is why 1440p 144Hz is my next goal.

Personally I think 1440p resolution would still be a little low so I want 4K preferably at 120 or 144 hz but that's just my own opinion :).

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Personally I think 1440p resolution would still be a little low so I want 4K preferably at 120 or 144 hz but that's just my own opinion :).

Cost to frame bro. My 2 980ti allow for maximum settings and fps over 100 in all games at 1440. You're going to be waiting for Volta for that level of performance at 4k.

Not that 4K isn't my New Year's resolution. *giggle*

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Cost to frame bro. My 2 980ti allow for maximum settings and fps over 100 in all games at 1440. You're going to be waiting for Volta for that level of performance at 4k.

Do they also allow for wanton exaggeration?

;)

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

Do they also allow for wanton exaggeration?

;)

That not an exaggeration. Two 980ti can beat a Pascal Titan X, if not they match it. 

You should try it, you might like it.

If AMD doesn't get their shit together in the high-end market then price will continue rising. Nvidia literally has monopoly on the high-end market now.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

By 4K I mean 2400x2160 per eye. I think that right now something like Titan XP SLI should be able to do that at 90-120 hz. I'll probably wait 2-3 years until getting vr but I'm still looking :). By then we'll have navi and Volta out so...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I'm on 1080p@27". 1440p looks far better on a 27" screen-because I wouldn't see the pixels easily.

PMSL

On 1/1/2017 at 7:48 PM, App4that said:

You're the only one bragging :-)

I thought about outlining some of the reasons why I enjoy VR and what I feel it brings that is over and above a traditional gaming experience (Ive only been playing games for nearly 30 years but) But then I realized, very clearly, that you have no appreciation for anyone else opinions, interests or experiences and obviously have a very narrow view of the world - have fun with that - I'm sure you are great fun to spend 10 hours with haha.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

5 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

You're the only one bragging :-)

I thought about outlining some of the reasons why I enjoy VR and what I feel it brings that is over and above a traditional gaming experience (Ive only been playing games for nearly 30 years but) But then I realized, very clearly, that you have no appreciation for anyone else opinions, interests or experiences and obviously have a very narrow view of the world - have fun with that - I'm sure you are great fun to spend 10 hours with haha.

How am I bragging?

VR is a tech demo, it's soul purpose is for people to show their affluence. Ran out of things to buy to brag about, inset VR. 

44 minutes ago, App4that said:

How am I bragging?

VR is a tech demo, it's soul purpose is for people to show their affluence. Ran out of things to buy to brag about, inset VR. 

You are wrong - I own VR. you do not. therefore my opinion draws from more experience. You are simply delusional. Go back to your hole in the ground.

1 hour ago, Cheddle said:

You are wrong - I own VR. you do not. therefore my opinion draws from more experience. You are simply delusional. Go back to your hole in the ground.

You've proved your willingness to defend your purchases, and your ego. But haven't said anything that makes VR worthy of any praise. 

Besides a PC able to run VR, you need a 800 dollar peripheral. A 800 dollar peripheral that only works with the limited amount of software available. This isn't a 800 dollar monitor that you can use outside gaming. A 800 dollar monitor doesn't require an entire room to work. 

You have a big ass lifted truck with a big ass chrome trailer hitch that's never been used and big ass tires that have never seen dirt. 

37 minutes ago, App4that said:

You've proved your willingness to defend your purchases, and your ego. But haven't said anything that makes VR worthy of any praise. 

Besides a PC able to run VR, you need a 800 dollar peripheral. A 800 dollar peripheral that only works with the limited amount of software available. This isn't a 800 dollar monitor that you can use outside gaming. A 800 dollar monitor doesn't require an entire room to work. 

You have a big ass lifted truck with a big ass chrome trailer hitch that's never been used and big ass tires that have never seen dirt. 

Open your eyes! you're so ignorant! and yet you believe you have the wisdom to make the broad assumptions of both my own personal preferences and to brand the 300,000+ people who have bought home VR kits as flippant, superfluous, egotistical show offs who only bought into VR because they want to brag... 

I spent 4 hours yesterday in Tilt Brush just drawing in 3d space with my own hands.

A quick glance at my steam stats shows I've spent 340 hours in VR games - But nooooo, you are definitely correct, I really am left feeling I need to defend my purchase - $2.35 per hour of use is SO EXPENSIVE! if only I had gotten value out of this purchase, such regret... oh well at least I can still show it to my friends! its just so hard to convince them to try out VR... (that's sarcasm in case you cant obviously detect it)

I'm not wasting more of my time replying to you - you're a mental case if you think VR is just hype and hot air.